HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by be69ar, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Apr 28, 2011, 11:15 PM
USA, CO, Colorado Springs
Joined Sep 2003
56 Posts
Trader Rating: 176
Sold
Cox Tailwind trainer converted to epower with floats perfer LPU - LOWER PRICE!

...you are looking at a float airplane I put together over the winter. My soaring club has permission to fly on a nice pond up north of here and I wanted to have something to take up and fly with them. Unfortunately, they most often go on Mondays and since I am still gainfully employed, I'm not likely to get up there this summer. So I'm going to post this freshly finished Cox Tailwind that I converted to epower and mounted some very nice fiberglass floats to. Everything is new...airplane has not been flown and I've run it about 5 times in my shop...which really cleared the balsa dust off the furniture and tools.

Here's some details of the airplane....
Brushless outrunner is a Neo 32.
ESC...off brand 70A
Separate 4 cell NiCad airborne battery to power servos/Rx.
Servos...Futaba Digital 3151's all around.
On/Off Switch mounted inside...comes with 4 cell 700 mAh NiCad
Batteries...FMA I have 2 packs made up...5S each, 3200 mAh, 20C pack.
Charger...FMA Cellpro 4S

Cox Tailwind...62.5" wing
Wing area....666 sq. inches
Weight...approx. 7.5lbs all up
Wing loading....26oz per sq foot
I stripped the original covering off and covered it in white and trans orange Ultracote and added some 1/2 black and white checkerboard...and a stripe on the sides.

Motor performance:
With Master Airscrew 11x7 3 blade...about 650+W at 40 amps - static.
With APC 12x6E...about 680+w at 41 amps - static.
Duration...about 6-8 minutes with good power.

Price: $450 for everything with a LPU preferred. MO/check/cash preferred (check must clear before delivery)...PayPal will work too. If someone on the front range (or close to it) is interested, I'd be willing to meet within a reasonable driving distance from Colorado Springs. Sorry, I really don't think I could box and ship this airplane without it getting damaged or destroyed.
PM with questions...and thanks for looking,
Mike
be69ar is offline Find More Posts by be69ar
Last edited by be69ar; May 13, 2011 at 10:28 AM. Reason: Lower Price
to remove ads between posts
Closed Thread