New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by be69ar, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Apr 28, 2011, 11:15 PM
Find More Posts by be69ar
Trader Rating: 178
USA, CO, Colorado Springs
Joined Sep 2003
56 Posts
Trader Rating: 178
Cox Tailwind trainer converted to epower with floats perfer LPU - LOWER PRICE! are looking at a float airplane I put together over the winter. My soaring club has permission to fly on a nice pond up north of here and I wanted to have something to take up and fly with them. Unfortunately, they most often go on Mondays and since I am still gainfully employed, I'm not likely to get up there this summer. So I'm going to post this freshly finished Cox Tailwind that I converted to epower and mounted some very nice fiberglass floats to. Everything is new...airplane has not been flown and I've run it about 5 times in my shop...which really cleared the balsa dust off the furniture and tools.

Here's some details of the airplane....
Brushless outrunner is a Neo 32. brand 70A
Separate 4 cell NiCad airborne battery to power servos/Rx.
Servos...Futaba Digital 3151's all around.
On/Off Switch mounted inside...comes with 4 cell 700 mAh NiCad
Batteries...FMA I have 2 packs made up...5S each, 3200 mAh, 20C pack.
Charger...FMA Cellpro 4S

Cox Tailwind...62.5" wing
Wing area....666 sq. inches
Weight...approx. 7.5lbs all up
Wing loading....26oz per sq foot
I stripped the original covering off and covered it in white and trans orange Ultracote and added some 1/2 black and white checkerboard...and a stripe on the sides.

Motor performance:
With Master Airscrew 11x7 3 blade...about 650+W at 40 amps - static.
With APC 12x6E...about 680+w at 41 amps - static.
Duration...about 6-8 minutes with good power.

Price: $450 for everything with a LPU preferred. MO/check/cash preferred (check must clear before delivery)...PayPal will work too. If someone on the front range (or close to it) is interested, I'd be willing to meet within a reasonable driving distance from Colorado Springs. Sorry, I really don't think I could box and ship this airplane without it getting damaged or destroyed.
PM with questions...and thanks for looking,
be69ar is offline Find More Posts by be69ar
Last edited by be69ar; May 13, 2011 at 10:28 AM. Reason: Lower Price
to remove ads between posts