Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Apr 28, 2011, 11:17 AM
Registered User
Northwest Indiana
Joined Feb 2011
1,461 Posts
Discussion
What prop for Aeroworks Extra 300 (60-90) and Saito 100?

I have an aeroworks 60-90 size Extra 300 and I will be putting a Saito 100 in it. Not sure what prop size would work best for this plane but most people seem to say the 15 x 6 for this motor. Any suggestions?
CRFan1 is offline Find More Posts by CRFan1
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 28, 2011, 11:32 AM
Registered User
USA, VA, Central
Joined Oct 2006
412 Posts
A light, QUALTIY wood 15x6, like Xoar or a JXF, (my personal favorite) will probably serve you well. When bought in quantity (say 10 or so), they can be had for seven or eight bucks each, including shipping. I get mine here.
justerik is offline Find More Posts by justerik
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28, 2011, 12:32 PM
Registered User
Northwest Indiana
Joined Feb 2011
1,461 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by justerik View Post
A light, QUALTIY wood 15x6, like Xoar or a JXF, (my personal favorite) will probably serve you well. When bought in quantity (say 10 or so), they can be had for seven or eight bucks each, including shipping. I get mine here.
Ok Thanks......would an APC 15x6 be ok as well ya think?

I would like to hold off on the wood until I get some time on the bird
CRFan1 is offline Find More Posts by CRFan1
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28, 2011, 02:07 PM
Registered User
United States, MI, South Lyon
Joined Aug 2004
1,178 Posts
I run a 15x6 on both of my 100's. Hog Bipe and Extra 300. Nice thrust and speed.
StrangeGager is offline Find More Posts by StrangeGager
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28, 2011, 03:22 PM
Registered User
USA, VA, Central
Joined Oct 2006
412 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRFan1 View Post
Ok Thanks......would an APC 15x6 be ok as well ya think?

I would like to hold off on the wood until I get some time on the bird

I hear you loud and clear. Even at "only" 7 or 8 bucks a piece, the price adds up quick. The APC 15x6 offers excellent thrust. The only problem is the added mass dramatically affects the spool up time. I fly mostly 3D stuff and the extra snappy throttle response sometimes means the difference between a near miss and a night (or more!) in the workshop doing repairs. The APC is a bit more durable and will probably yield great results. If you want the ultimate in durability, a Master Airscrew K-series prop is very hard to beat. The noise is worse, the thrust is less and the weight is higher, but it's damn near impossible to break the thing.
justerik is offline Find More Posts by justerik
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28, 2011, 03:27 PM
Registered User
Northwest Indiana
Joined Feb 2011
1,461 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by justerik View Post
I hear you loud and clear. Even at "only" 7 or 8 bucks a piece, the price adds up quick. The APC 15x6 offers excellent thrust. The only problem is the added mass dramatically affects the spool up time. I fly mostly 3D stuff and the extra snappy throttle response sometimes means the difference between a near miss and a night (or more!) in the workshop doing repairs. The APC is a bit more durable and will probably yield great results. If you want the ultimate in durability, a Master Airscrew K-series prop is very hard to beat. The noise is worse, the thrust is less and the weight is higher, but it's damn near impossible to break the thing.
Hehehe...yeah wood props definitely have better spool up! I think I will just get one APC 15 x 6 and get used to the plane and move to a good wood prop like you suggest. Thanks for the info.!
CRFan1 is offline Find More Posts by CRFan1
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28, 2011, 03:28 PM
Registered User
Northwest Indiana
Joined Feb 2011
1,461 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrangeGager View Post
I run a 15x6 on both of my 100's. Hog Bipe and Extra 300. Nice thrust and speed.

Good to hear...15 x 6 it is!
CRFan1 is offline Find More Posts by CRFan1
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29, 2011, 06:57 PM
Registered User
Cherokee Flyer's Avatar
United States, KS, Rose Hill
Joined Sep 2007
764 Posts
And a Turboheader. http://www.rcspecialties.net/

L.
Cherokee Flyer is online now Find More Posts by Cherokee Flyer
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion NEW Aeroworks .60 - .90 Extra 300 ARF-QB ASB32 3D Flying 263 Nov 12, 2012 04:33 PM
For Sale Seagull Extra 260 90 RTF Airplane Saito 100 Chopper1 Aircraft - Fuel - Airplanes (FS/W) 0 Apr 18, 2011 12:54 PM
For Sale Seagull Extra 260 90 RTF Airplane Saito 100 Chopper1 Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 3 Apr 18, 2011 06:49 AM
Sold F/s aeroworks extra 260 60-90 lcacing Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 2 Mar 20, 2011 11:54 AM
New Product Aeroworks Extra 300 .60-.90 STANG KILLA SS 3D / Fun Fly Fuel Planes 4 Dec 14, 2010 08:15 AM