HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 07, 2013, 06:24 PM
Proud RC Addict
United States, UT, American Fork
Joined Nov 2009
1,565 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron101 View Post
Dennis if your sticking with the Dynamax you can shed over a pound and half by going to Tams conversion of the full sized 128mm Dynamax... I've owned several different Dynamax conversions (Dyn-E-Max and home brewed) Tams is by far the best on the market... it's 2.5 pound with with CC160 Hv in the Tail cone. Your XPS is 3.6 pounds without ESC.... I'm making 5800 watts on 12s. So I think you could drop cells and still have plenty of power... maybe 10 or 11s. You would save more weight right there and drop amps.
The other nice setup would be getting Tams 100mm ducting conversion for that plane (tail pipe and inlets) they are much smoother than the stock ducts... I would slap a Stu Max 100mm in there on 12s 5500 gen ace packs... it would be sweet!!
Yeah I'm definitely open to ideas. Maybe if someone needs a pro system (since they're out of stock at xps) I could be convinced to trade and/or sell. The pro is nice if you have a heaver air frame and indeed want to run a higher cell count like 14 or 15S.
dennisjm is offline Find More Posts by dennisjm
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 08, 2013, 02:50 PM
Joined Mar 2009
416 Posts
Sam and I have moved to Tam's Dynamax Neu config for our two B-47's. I had worked with Tommy through my previous requirements and it only made sense to stay with Dynamax's pitch with newer and newer motor configs coming online. They're bifurcated in inboard nacelles with 90mm in the outboards. Each on 14s gets us what we need.
FliteMetal is offline Find More Posts by FliteMetal
Old Feb 08, 2013, 11:13 PM
Anything that gives me a High
Canada, BC, Richmond
Joined Jan 2010
1,574 Posts
Can anybody tell me how come the motor wires of theNeu 1915 1Yare so thin??? hell my Rimfire 1.20 have thicker wires then that.
super kupfer is offline Find More Posts by super kupfer
Old Feb 09, 2013, 12:23 AM
Hey Ya'll!! Watch THIS!!
Nashville TN.
Joined Mar 2006
2,555 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by super kupfer View Post
Can anybody tell me how come the motor wires of theNeu 1915 1Yare so thin??? hell my Rimfire 1.20 have thicker wires then that.
Could be Wye termination compaired to Delta. (Half the amount of wires for the leads.)
Michael Paxton is offline Find More Posts by Michael Paxton
Old Mar 08, 2013, 11:26 AM
Pursuit of Happiness
Brentwood, California
Joined Jul 2007
7,268 Posts
Hey gang.....
little update I picked up the servos for the stabs (HS-7955TG's) and rudders (HS-5245MG's) got a great deal from servo city.
I'll be running the new HS-5665 MH on Ailerons and Flaps... not sure about steering yet... I may pick up another 5245MG or maybe just an analog 645mg I have sitting in the shop.

Going to pick up some flat white this weekend and start painting the landing gear so it's ready for install.

I'll post a few pics of the gear after it's painted up
Ron101 is offline Find More Posts by Ron101
Old Mar 08, 2013, 11:59 AM
San Diego
Joined Jul 2009
2,288 Posts
Nice Ron! So when do you pick your bird up from nut?
bri6672 is offline Find More Posts by bri6672
Old Mar 08, 2013, 12:08 PM
DELTAS RULE
tehachapi, CA
Joined Jan 2006
22,826 Posts
ive got to finish it first lol. i plan to work on it this weekend, and get it ready for paint, all primed and sanded and ready to go. sadly, i have to work all next weekend, and wont be home to work on it. so im thinking the following weekend it will get painted. its pretty hard to get time to work on models when im only home 1pm friday to 6am monday morning every week, in that time i need to spend time with my wife and kids, get stuff done around the house, honey does ect. that ussually means that building takes place late at night, into the wee hours. thats also why i only get to fly about once a month
corsair nut is offline Find More Posts by corsair nut
Old Mar 20, 2013, 10:10 PM
United States, CA, Livermore
Joined Oct 2004
762 Posts
Hey Ron, maybe we should go down to Tehachapi for a weekend and take care of nut's family and honeydews (and maybe fly his planes too!). That way he can concentrate on painting the F-18 morning, noon, and night all weekend.
Sorry corsair nut! I couldn't resist making a joke, but your post really reminds us all how precious free time is. No disrespect intended! You rock for taking on this project and we all know it will be awesome when it is done
Husafreak is offline Find More Posts by Husafreak
Old Mar 22, 2013, 07:59 PM
DELTAS RULE
tehachapi, CA
Joined Jan 2006
22,826 Posts
finnally back on the bug! sanded all the filler and final primed all surfaces. so just light sand and paint on those! also working on rudder blending..inlets and seems. lookin good!
Old Mar 22, 2013, 09:53 PM
United States, CA, Pleasanton
Joined Mar 2003
114 Posts
Sweet!
sideshow is offline Find More Posts by sideshow
Old Mar 23, 2013, 10:37 AM
Pursuit of Happiness
Brentwood, California
Joined Jul 2007
7,268 Posts
It's looking great Brent!
Thanks so much for the hard work...its going to be really exciting to see this baby all painted up
Old Mar 23, 2013, 03:22 PM
DELTAS RULE
tehachapi, CA
Joined Jan 2006
22,826 Posts
i think im as exited to see it painted as you are! bugs are my favorite jets in service, tied by the F-15C...something about the bug is just sooo cool, and ive always wanted a nice one. some day..for now, ill live your dream haha
Old Mar 23, 2013, 05:10 PM
DELTAS RULE
tehachapi, CA
Joined Jan 2006
22,826 Posts
after some body work and prime...i figured it was time for some glamor shots..
Old Mar 23, 2013, 05:38 PM
USA, SC, Greenville
Joined Sep 2005
915 Posts
Brent,

Are you going to add the panel lines to the wings and stabs?
edf nut is offline Find More Posts by edf nut
Old Mar 23, 2013, 06:22 PM
Pursuit of Happiness
Brentwood, California
Joined Jul 2007
7,268 Posts
that looks really great bud! the seam on the rudder to the fuse looks really sharp..nice work!

Man I can smell the paint coming soon! that is exciting.....

EDF Nut, Brent is going to pencil in the panel lines to save weight... I was going to talk with him because I was hoping he would pencil in the panel lines on the fuse so it all matches. But knowing him he was already thinking that...
we have all seen his work and know it's amazing!!

plus I can't complain because I'm on vacation while the poor guys works his butt off on my plane! Thanks Brent!! I've been getting a little burned out on R/C so getting this one home will really help me get fired up again