Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jan 05, 2013, 12:01 PM
wannabe Jet guy
Green Valley, AZ
Joined Aug 2004
1,964 Posts
+1 on Callie

Most of her jobs cost about the same, I have received quotes from many graphic vendors and have always gone back and just used Callie, she is fast, does custom work. +1 on Callie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron101 View Post
Also guys Brent turned me on to Callie Soden at Callie Graphics. He showed me some of her work and its really nice. In fact it looks just as good or better than what I've gotten from Pro Mark.... but she is dirt cheap. Too cheap in fact

Pro Mark wants $400 to $600 dollars to do the graphics for this plane!! I had them do the graphics for my 1/5 P-51 and they did a really nice job, but I paid $350 for them.

I asked Callie for a price to do the whole F-18 project and she said $40 bucks shipped!!!!
I have to pay her more than that... I can't see how that would even cover the materials and shipping. So if your looking for graphics she is the go to person as far as I'm concerned... I have sent her over all the pictures and two bobs decals to blow up and have something to work with

http://www.callie-graphics.com/index.php
CRCJA is offline Find More Posts by CRCJA
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 06, 2013, 01:50 AM
DELTAS RULE
tehachapi, CA
Joined Jan 2006
21,489 Posts
all the glass is on all the wood parts

ps...i love ez coat!
corsair nut is online now Find More Posts by corsair nut
Old Jan 06, 2013, 02:14 AM
Jets fly goooood!
Italy, Lazio, Ariccia
Joined May 2004
569 Posts
Brent,

don't be so fast...but take some pics along the way

Gianluca
felix72 is offline Find More Posts by felix72
Old Jan 06, 2013, 10:45 AM
Pursuit of Happiness
Brentwood, California
Joined Jul 2007
7,182 Posts
That's awesome!! You are so fast at this stuff, it would have taking me weeks to do that

I can't tell you guys how excited I am
Ron101 is offline Find More Posts by Ron101
Old Jan 06, 2013, 07:57 PM
Anything that gives me a High
Canada, BC, Richmond
Joined Jan 2010
1,453 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron101 View Post
600 miles round trip and 9 hours in the car, the job is done.... it was nice talking with Brent and seeing his handy work in the shop. The guy is a master!

I have only passed through Tehachapi on the way to Las Vegas but it's a neat little town perched at 4000 ft. There was snow on the surrounding hills.

Can't wait see Brent go to town on her I know it's going to be great!
Very nice A4
super kupfer is online now Find More Posts by super kupfer
Old Jan 07, 2013, 02:58 PM
Build'em and Crash'em
Narragansett, RI
Joined Oct 2000
3,156 Posts
Where are the pictures ?? Shouldn't Brent be done by now
Ken Lapointe is online now Find More Posts by Ken Lapointe
Old Jan 07, 2013, 03:29 PM
Joined Aug 2009
1,254 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRCJA View Post
Most of her jobs cost about the same, I have received quotes from many graphic vendors and have always gone back and just used Callie, she is fast, does custom work. +1 on Callie.
Callie is THE BEST!!!!!

Her work is very detailed and good, she is fast and her prices are the best. I once told here she wasn't charging me enough and that she should charge me more on a PCM L1011 with 90+ windows, doors and all the other details. She responded that her price she quoted me was good.

If you haven't used her you should give her a try. You send her custom art work or show her a picture of the plane you want decals for and give her the scale and voila she makes it happen.

I'll tell you another good story about her decals. I didn't like the lack of quality of the SAPAC 100mm BAE Hawk decals so I sent them to her and asked that she duplicate the decal set. Well on the top of the inlets SACAP had these decals for the inlet louvers that were black outlines with a white background. I assumed that was the way they should be. When I get the decals back from Callie she duplicated those but also, on her own, put another set in there with a red background that matched the red paint color of the plane. That was the way they were supposed to be.

I just can't say enough good things about her work.

Terry
Chuchuf is offline Find More Posts by Chuchuf
Old Jan 07, 2013, 07:47 PM
USA, SC, Greenville
Joined Sep 2005
912 Posts
Its always good to see friends helping friends.
I have ended up painting a few planes for friends, including a Yellow Aircraft P-47 and F-4 for my buddy Bobby.

Really looking forward to seeing this all finished up

Travis
edf nut is online now Find More Posts by edf nut
Old Jan 07, 2013, 08:35 PM
San Diego
Joined Jul 2009
2,236 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by corsair nut View Post
all the glass is on all the wood parts

ps...i love ez coat!
Man its been to days, did you maiden that thing yet Brent??
bri6672 is online now Find More Posts by bri6672
Old Jan 07, 2013, 09:10 PM
Another one on the way...
Plano, Texas
Joined Feb 2009
2,339 Posts
Brent,

Is there any IAF plane you are missing?...
ysolomon is online now Find More Posts by ysolomon
Old Jan 07, 2013, 09:22 PM
deltas are cool
Tehachapi ,CA.
Joined Apr 2006
20,429 Posts
hey i went and did a quality ck on C/N man does that "EZcoat look nice! you gotta post a link for that stuff . it smells like WBPU but there is something else in there ...i cant quite put my nose on it
AIR SALLY is online now Find More Posts by AIR SALLY
Old Jan 07, 2013, 09:27 PM
Anything that gives me a High
Canada, BC, Richmond
Joined Jan 2010
1,453 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ysolomon View Post
Brent,

Is there any IAF plane you are missing?...
Looks like he likes the Israeli camouflage.

Hi Brent, I noticed you don't have a squadron on that tail, the 102nd fighter squadron (Flying Tigers) is the most famous A4 squadron in the IAF.
super kupfer is online now Find More Posts by super kupfer
Old Jan 07, 2013, 10:51 PM
St.Catharines, Ontario
Joined Jan 2009
10,377 Posts
not sure who sells it in the US, but up here in Canada, EZE Kote is sold by Ontario Adhesives.
LuvEvolution7 is offline Find More Posts by LuvEvolution7
Old Jan 07, 2013, 10:54 PM
Pursuit of Happiness
Brentwood, California
Joined Jul 2007
7,182 Posts
Quote:
hey i went and did a quality ck on C/N man does that "EZcoat look nice! you gotta post a link for that stuff . it smells like WBPU but there is something else in there ...i cant quite put my nose on it
Sweet man... can't wait to see it! I really like the EZE Coat. The cool part is with all the testing I did on weights the EZE coat is super light!

My test panel gained .50 oz with a piece of monokote on it cut to fit.... I peeled it off and glassed it with EZE coat and .5 cloth (one seal coat, lay glass with a coat and a final coat) primed it and sanded off. It gained .35 oz.... so I was lighter than monokote before the paint.

here is a link, but it can be bought at tower or horizon: http://www.deluxematerials.com/products_building.html

I agree A/S there is something else in it that WBU, it's thicker also
Ron101 is offline Find More Posts by Ron101
Old Jan 07, 2013, 11:07 PM
Fly allot, Crash allot, next?
United States, CA, Corona
Joined Feb 2006
7,227 Posts
Hey Ron, I am one of the best and fastest painters around, I just never bragged about it. Howewver, I am mostly color blind, too bad Billy O'Donnell found out the hard way. He had me paint his car, a classic MG.

The deal was, paint it blue (dumb me, it should have been British Racing Green). I painted it what I thought was blue. When Billy picked it up he discovered my color blindness problem, the car came out Purple with a big run down the driver's door. Could have been worse, could have been Pink, it all looks the same to me. I painted my mother's Buick Green, it came out real good considering that I painted the chrome bumpers the same color. See, I have always been way ahead of my time when it comes to imagination.

So Ron, Brent has contracted me to help him with the colors and the paint, that should make you feel real comfortable knowing that the paint work will be perfect. Try not to loose any sleep.

(no wine was consumed in the last 48 hours, not even tonight, must be a full moon)
SCALEFAN is offline Find More Posts by SCALEFAN