HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 03, 2013, 10:12 PM
Pursuit of Happiness
Brentwood, California
Joined Jul 2007
7,224 Posts
Quote:
sweet man! dude, youve got tons of room left! thats just a little baby model lol. try and stick 12 ft of something in a car lol...hahaha. i wish my talon was that easy to load! haha. your lucky! that, or i need to buy a box van lol
you put that beast in your car! I would love to see that going down the road..lol... the box van has been the best move I've ever made for work and flying. I highly recommend one

I'll see you tomorrow! now your garage can be a mess for awhile My wife is so happy to see it leave, even if for awhile
Ron101 is offline Find More Posts by Ron101
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 04, 2013, 04:24 AM
Jets fly goooood!
Italy, Lazio, Ariccia
Joined May 2004
569 Posts
Hey Ron,

looks like that you did most of the hard work on her already!
Can't wait to see all the accessories going in an.

Gianluca
felix72 is offline Find More Posts by felix72
Old Jan 04, 2013, 08:09 AM
Pursuit of Happiness
Brentwood, California
Joined Jul 2007
7,224 Posts
Quote:
Hey Ron,

looks like that you did most of the hard work on her already!
Can't wait to see all the accessories going in an.

Gianluca
Thanks Gianluca!
Me and the old girl are getting ready to hit the road soon this morning...

I still need to call my dad and see what part of Italy we are from... I'll let you know
Old Jan 04, 2013, 08:22 PM
Pursuit of Happiness
Brentwood, California
Joined Jul 2007
7,224 Posts
600 miles round trip and 9 hours in the car, the job is done.... it was nice talking with Brent and seeing his handy work in the shop. The guy is a master!

I have only passed through Tehachapi on the way to Las Vegas but it's a neat little town perched at 4000 ft. There was snow on the surrounding hills.

Can't wait see Brent go to town on her I know it's going to be great!
Old Jan 04, 2013, 08:51 PM
Fly allot, Crash allot, next?
United States, CA, Corona
Joined Feb 2006
7,235 Posts
WOW, Brent looks good in that picture, no circles under his eyes, the garage looks clean, looks like that plane of yours RON ended up in the right place.

So how long do you think Brent can stand there holding the plane, let's have a contest.
SCALEFAN is offline Find More Posts by SCALEFAN
Old Jan 04, 2013, 10:22 PM
Australia, ACT, Canberra
Joined Jul 2006
562 Posts
Looking forward to your video Ron.
I am sure all of this will be well worth while

Chris
icicles is online now Find More Posts by icicles
Old Jan 04, 2013, 10:37 PM
DELTAS RULE
tehachapi, CA
Joined Jan 2006
22,091 Posts
yeah, ive done a ton of cleaning lol. i threw away soo much old crap ill never use. need to make a dump run tomorrow.

already working on it ron...get'r done!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCALEFAN View Post
WOW, Brent looks good in that picture, no circles under his eyes, the garage looks clean, looks like that plane of yours RON ended up in the right place.

So how long do you think Brent can stand there holding the plane, let's have a contest.
corsair nut is online now Find More Posts by corsair nut
Old Jan 04, 2013, 11:58 PM
Pursuit of Happiness
Brentwood, California
Joined Jul 2007
7,224 Posts
Quote:

Al, do you have a man crush...lol... Brent has what we all wish we had. Thumbs of gold and building skills to match. Al all we can do is dream I'm 100% certain my F-18 is in good hands

Quote:
Looking forward to your video Ron.
I am sure all of this will be well worth while

Chris
My too but first there will be many photo shoots... me and my bud that is a professional photographer are planning a whole photo shoot. I'm going to be a publicity hound with this plane I've been looking into getting it aboard the USS Hornet for pictures on the deck ( if we can get it up there)

Quote:
yeah, ive done a ton of cleaning lol. i threw away soo much old crap ill never use. need to make a dump run tomorrow.

already working on it ron...get'r done!
Sweet man!! you don't mess around it's going to be so awesome!!
Old Jan 05, 2013, 12:39 AM
Jets fly goooood!
Italy, Lazio, Ariccia
Joined May 2004
569 Posts
Hi Ron,

nice to know all the journey went well, avery time I go to the States I'm always amazed about how much space you guys have available there and how never-ending the roads looks like on those state-to-state trip.
Looking forward on building pics and report from Brent, good luck.

Gianluca
felix72 is offline Find More Posts by felix72
Old Jan 05, 2013, 01:48 AM
St.Catharines, Ontario
Joined Jan 2009
10,377 Posts
Ron, you forgot to add working on full size B-3's, yada yada yada. LOL.
LuvEvolution7 is offline Find More Posts by LuvEvolution7
Old Jan 05, 2013, 03:57 AM
trojan
Alberta Canada
Joined Jan 2009
221 Posts
F 18

Brent you do beautiful work, A4 looks awesome,this is way better than selling it Ron .you won't be disappointed when Brent is done.
trojant28 is offline Find More Posts by trojant28
Old Jan 05, 2013, 10:33 AM
Pursuit of Happiness
Brentwood, California
Joined Jul 2007
7,224 Posts
Thanks Gianluca,
This is one big country that's forsure... I feel very blessed to live in the central valley of California. It blows my mind sometimes just how many big time tourist attractions I live within a few hours drive in any direction. 1 hour to San Francisco, Sacramneto or Napa Valley, 2 Hours to Carmel, Santa Cruz or Monterey, 3 hours to Lake Tahoe, Yosemite, Reno, Serria Nevada Mountians or 6 hours to L.A., Hollywood, Disney Land.... really lucky

Quote:
Ron, you forgot to add working on full size B-3's, yada yada yada. LOL.
Are B-3's even real? and does Brent work on them? I didn't even ask what he does for work

Quote:
Brent you do beautiful work, A4 looks awesome,this is way better than selling it Ron .you won't be disappointed when Brent is done.
He does do beautiful work that is forsure! I'm going to be thrilled! this is way better than selling it. I could never afford a yellow twin ARF there like $5000 dollars without landing gear. I'll be half that with the landing gear and all the air cyclinders... I'll be into this plane about the same as a BVM electra ready to fly
Old Jan 05, 2013, 10:35 AM
deltas are cool
Tehachapi ,CA.
Joined Apr 2006
20,798 Posts
Ron i had to pop a few hatches off and molest your F-18 ....beautiful job on it .it's going to be a awsome plane.
AIR SALLY is online now Find More Posts by AIR SALLY
Old Jan 05, 2013, 10:47 AM
Pursuit of Happiness
Brentwood, California
Joined Jul 2007
7,224 Posts
Also guys Brent turned me on to Callie Soden at Callie Graphics. He showed me some of her work and its really nice. In fact it looks just as good or better than what I've gotten from Pro Mark.... but she is dirt cheap. Too cheap in fact

Pro Mark wants $400 to $600 dollars to do the graphics for this plane!! I had them do the graphics for my 1/5 P-51 and they did a really nice job, but I paid $350 for them.

I asked Callie for a price to do the whole F-18 project and she said $40 bucks shipped!!!!
I have to pay her more than that... I can't see how that would even cover the materials and shipping. So if your looking for graphics she is the go to person as far as I'm concerned... I have sent her over all the pictures and two bobs decals to blow up and have something to work with

http://www.callie-graphics.com/index.php
Old Jan 05, 2013, 10:51 AM
Pursuit of Happiness
Brentwood, California
Joined Jul 2007
7,224 Posts
Quote:
Ron i had to pop a few hatches off and molest your F-18 ....beautiful job on it .it's going to be a awsome plane.
Ha Ha! sweet man, hey get out your foam and make a couple ducts for those fans while you have the hatch off kidding... but I'll be sending you off some plugs after Brent gets her decked out for me

I owe you guys big time.... everyone gets credit when I do my PR campaign