HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 29, 2012, 11:27 AM
Pursuit of Happiness
Brentwood, California
Joined Jul 2007
7,232 Posts
Quote:
Ron, im glad to see that this dream of yours is back on track. Iv been contemplating selling mine also as i dont have the will to finish it. I wish i had someone close to me that could finish mine for me too. I think im also an arf type of guy now. if fact iv got like 3 other arf's still unfinished. Which way do i go?
Thanks much Simon, I would put out the word out that your looking for someone to finish the project for you. Pay them a few bucks or buy them a plane they have been wanting. There has to be a buider in your area. The yellow twin ARF is now out of production but was $5000 dollars... just a new kit with all the goodies will set you back $3000 so once it's gone you may never have another. To this day when the subject of best flying and looking F-18 comes up on the other site the yellow twin is always top of the list. Christmas morning at 5 am I woke and the voice in my head said contact Corsair Nut (brent) and we worked out the deal. That was my Christmas present.
You can find someone, just ask around.

Quote:
If for IAF you mean Italian Air Force...that makes me proud, but yes, we don't have F-18's in our fleet.
About the 346...we don't have them yet but in the future...who know

Gianluca
Gianluca! hey my great grandparents left italy in 1906.... Guiseppie and Clemintina Romiti. My dad has the name of the village, I'll find out, maybe you live close by. I would love to visit it someday and see where my roots come from. They came to mine gold in California... but that ended up being coal, then farmers.
Ron101 is offline Find More Posts by Ron101
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 29, 2012, 11:53 AM
Jets fly goooood!
Italy, Lazio, Ariccia
Joined May 2004
569 Posts
Ron,

Do you know if your great parents were from north, center or south of Italy?
Btw anytime you will decide to come here to Italy, don't forget to contact me ehhh. I will be glad to meet you and help you out for anything you could need.

Gianluca
felix72 is offline Find More Posts by felix72
Old Dec 29, 2012, 06:21 PM
A-4 nut!!
Vancouver B.C.
Joined Apr 2002
4,654 Posts
IAF = Isreali air force.

No they don't have hornets - but that camo job for some reason just looks good on everything!
skyhawk is offline Find More Posts by skyhawk
Old Dec 29, 2012, 06:25 PM
St.Catharines, Ontario
Joined Jan 2009
10,377 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedeuce View Post
Those are great, I have always liked the look of this one as well.
the Canadians sure know how to make beauty paint jobs for the airshow circuit. I'm just really partial to the Centennial of flight in Canada paint scheme. love the blue and gold together with the white accents.
LuvEvolution7 is offline Find More Posts by LuvEvolution7
Old Dec 29, 2012, 09:02 PM
United States, FL, North Port
Joined Mar 2004
3,297 Posts
I've been trying to find someone with one of these wanting it built to turn-key for 3 years now! I'd work for cheap to.. complete turn-key build in exchange for a kit and gear

No luck though
invertmast is online now Find More Posts by invertmast
Old Dec 30, 2012, 07:34 PM
Pursuit of Happiness
Brentwood, California
Joined Jul 2007
7,232 Posts
Got a few more loose ends done after running out to film Ken (airforce7's) F-15 this morning......
going out to the movies, try and edit the skymaster F-15 video when I get back in...
Old Dec 30, 2012, 08:32 PM
United States, CA, Chino Hills
Joined Jan 2011
1,223 Posts
Congratulations Ron!

I'm glad to see you keep going on the project. Regardless of how it gets done it gets done and you fly that awesome model. The new era of jets for EDF in the larger size is always a welcoming sight. I know Brent will give you a outstanding finished model. Once all that real-estate on your bench opens up watch out. Your wallet is likely to bring more projects in. LOL. Well I'm sure it is a big relief not to have a project hang on you. I know on my project board I have projects that have been in que for some time and I've yet to get to them. I know I will, but have to balance it all out. Well have fun at the beach, while thinking of that paint going down nice and smooth. The benefits of having a builder, it's a good thing! Well have a Happy New Year as this resolution will be done.

Best Regards,
Jeff
jefffassbinder is offline Find More Posts by jefffassbinder
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 30, 2012, 11:51 PM
Pursuit of Happiness
Brentwood, California
Joined Jul 2007
7,232 Posts
Ha! Thanks Jeff
It really is a great relief.... I've been so excited working on it and cleaning up the shop. While it's gone I will paint the landing gear and order parts to finish it. Along with fixing odds and ins I need to fix on my planes.
Going to make a hole punch list of things I need to take care of with my planes and gear after the F-18 is to Brent. I know Brent will do a great job.... I have no worries at all, I'm just going to be so happy to see it done!!
Old Dec 31, 2012, 09:05 AM
Fly allot, Crash allot, next?
United States, CA, Corona
Joined Feb 2006
7,242 Posts
Hey Ron did you have a typing or spelling mistake in your last sentence?

"I'm going to be so happy to see it done"

Correction: "I am going to be so happy to see it gone"

Tell the truth Ron, you want that mess out of your garage or your wife will pack your bags for you and put them out in the driveway.

Just had to add my two cents LOL Happy New Year
SCALEFAN is offline Find More Posts by SCALEFAN
Old Dec 31, 2012, 09:53 AM
Pursuit of Happiness
Brentwood, California
Joined Jul 2007
7,232 Posts
LOL!
Believe or not she has been telling me not to sell it and finish it... when I told her my idea to sell off my BVM F-86 kit to help pay for having someone paint it. She thought it was a great idea.

She knows this is just a long time crazy dream of mine... I know the plane is really to big to be a practical EDF jet. But I just want to see it fly and get it out of my system

You are correct, I will be happy to have the extra room for awhile, it's hard to do anything out there with it taking up all my space. After this I'm just going to fly and fly for as long and much as I can.... and not buy anything!!!!

Happy New Year to you too!
Old Dec 31, 2012, 11:18 AM
Dublin Ireland
Joined Aug 2005
845 Posts
!!!!!! and not buy anything!!!!

I love it, I try to tell myself that aswell.If you figure out how to do it let me know.
Maybe we should form a group like the AA and Meet every week.
"I am a Modeller and I am Addicted"
Happy New Year Ron.
Cheers
Steve.
STEVEAIR2 is offline Find More Posts by STEVEAIR2
Old Jan 03, 2013, 10:05 PM
DELTAS RULE
tehachapi, CA
Joined Jan 2006
22,444 Posts
sweet man! dude, youve got tons of room left! thats just a little baby model lol. try and stick 12 ft of something in a car lol...hahaha. i wish my talon was that easy to load! haha. your lucky! that, or i need to buy a box van lol
corsair nut is offline Find More Posts by corsair nut
Old Jan 03, 2013, 10:08 PM
Pursuit of Happiness
Brentwood, California
Joined Jul 2007
7,232 Posts
Tomorrow me and the F-18 head on down the road!! The shop will feel empty without her
My bud already heard and now he is bring over his trainer on saturday for me to build, he said I can't use the excuse my shop is to full now