HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 22, 2012, 09:20 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2010
11,764 Posts
It would have been cool if these guys didn't release new hardware each time they screw up, making users buy new stuff each time, too.
timecop is offline Find More Posts by timecop
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 30, 2012, 12:28 PM
Joined Mar 2012
27 Posts
can anyone confirm the mount holes spacing on this board, the pdf indicates 44mm hole to hole, can this be confirmed? Thanks
gustofusion is offline Find More Posts by gustofusion
Old Apr 14, 2012, 08:45 AM
Norway, Vest-Agder, Kristiansand
Joined Feb 2012
48 Posts
As a newbe I have to get it in realy slow.
Bought a S-802 octo with a TMF PRO Multicopter Controller.
http://www.infinity-hobby.com/main/p...72dd9d61c74a90

Have a problem with the the config. of the controlboard.
When I go THROTLE UP and LEFT, wait 30sec, it looks fine.
But when I start motors, they start with a high speed........
I can control them, but with throttle is down they will no stop.
They still turn rather fast.

I have read most of this post, but there is something I am missing.

Had a Gaui 330 and the manuals are understandable, but this is not.........

PLEACE HELP.....................

My new quad frame. (1 min 38 sec)

Here is my new quad using Gaui parts.
knupps is offline Find More Posts by knupps
Last edited by knupps; Apr 14, 2012 at 08:56 AM.
Old Apr 14, 2012, 08:57 AM
Dirty Dozen FPV
United Kingdom, England, Milton Keynes
Joined Aug 2011
2,521 Posts
The motors are meant to 'idle' when the board is armed. Some FC's let you stop the motors when the board is armed but with the TMF they keep spinning to tell you 'I'm armed, if you wanna come near me please disarm'. I think it's a great safety feature.
Wayno Complaino is offline Find More Posts by Wayno Complaino
Old Apr 14, 2012, 09:07 AM
Joined Feb 2012
48 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayno Complaino View Post
The motors are meant to 'idle' when the board is armed. Some FC's let you stop the motors when the board is armed but with the TMF they keep spinning to tell you 'I'm armed, if you wanna come near me please disarm'. I think it's a great safety feature.
Thanks, I can understand that safety issue, but I think they are spinning too fast.
Close to liftoff speed, .... I think.........
Might try it with the proppellers on and see what happends.
Last edited by knupps; Apr 14, 2012 at 11:22 AM.
Old Apr 14, 2012, 12:03 PM
Tokol, Hungary, EU
Joined Oct 2010
325 Posts
Hi guys,

getting some problem here. I have used FH-X46 before on my quad, without any issues.

Now I built a hexa and have significant problem with stability. I have the switch set to position "1", front of the FC goes between 2 front legs. The copter gets airborne at about half throttle using motors Turnigy Park 1050kv with 8x4 props, m2m is 530mm. No heating issues at all. The hexa is very instable, have to make corrections all the time while taking off or hover. 40% expo set on AIL, ELE, despite of this a very little correction makes a big move with the hexa. It seems like there is no self leveling at all. How could this be possible?

Can this be caused by the little propellers or rather some vibration, what do you think?
icah is offline Find More Posts by icah
Old Apr 14, 2012, 06:02 PM
Dreamer
Australia, TAS, Memana
Joined Aug 2004
2,155 Posts
Assuming propeller rotations, CG etc etc are correct, I have the gain set at maximum on my hexa, no expo. Very stable !! Vibration can potentially cause problems. Do you have the coin stuck on the top of the board as suggested?

Mark
kaz1104 is offline Find More Posts by kaz1104
Old Apr 14, 2012, 06:22 PM
QiW
south east asia
Joined Mar 2009
956 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaz1104 View Post
Assuming propeller rotations, CG etc etc are correct, I have the gain set at maximum on my hexa, no expo. Very stable !! Vibration can potentially cause problems. Do you have the coin stuck on the top of the board as suggested?

Mark
i have not seen/read that one before
whats the purpose of putting the coin there ?
QiW is offline Find More Posts by QiW
Old Apr 15, 2012, 01:44 AM
Dreamer
Australia, TAS, Memana
Joined Aug 2004
2,155 Posts
Coin just add a bit of weight, and dampens the high frequency vibrations ... does seem to have a positive effect.
kaz1104 is offline Find More Posts by kaz1104
Old Apr 15, 2012, 07:44 AM
Tokol, Hungary, EU
Joined Oct 2010
325 Posts
Just made another flights today, after rechecking all the motor, prop directions I have suspected my battery that it could not give enough power for the hexa. 2200mAh/20C was replaced by 5000mAh/20C. The difference is very noticeable! Now the hexa flies okay, except that it can not stand the wind as much. (small m2m) To be sure to decrease vibrations I have put some dampeners below and above the FC mount holes.

Anyhow, the proble was caused by the battery, giving out insufficient power. However, my battery is now getting warm what is weird because I have used it formerly on my 770mm hexa with lower kv motors and 12x4.5 props without any heating issues. Seems that lower kv motors with bigger props need less C than higher kv ones.
icah is offline Find More Posts by icah
Old Apr 30, 2012, 07:14 AM
Joined Feb 2012
48 Posts
I am about to do my maidenflight with my S-802 octacopter with TMF Pro controller.
My question is: Which setting is default on the attitude?

See picture: