SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Apr 27, 2011, 07:30 PM
**NOT GUILTY**
Millbrook, Alabama
Joined Jun 2004
6,460 Posts
Discussion
Storm Central

I have never seen a deal like we have here tonite....rotating super cell after super cell...and these are not EF-1s...they are 3's and bigger....the kind of stuff Oklahoma gets. Already 12 confirmed dead in Alabama. I'm watching live video of 1 skirting past downtown Birmingham, saw live video of another go through Tuscaloosa and a bunch more are lined up to follow those coming in from Miss.

They are everywhere...unbelievable!

My sister lost her trees,barn and deck around her house....she says the bikes that were in the barn are in top of pine trees. Thank God they are not hurt.

We are watching and waitng for our turn later this evening and tonite....
Capt.Crash is offline Find More Posts by Capt.Crash
Last edited by Capt.Crash; Apr 28, 2011 at 03:02 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 27, 2011, 07:44 PM
Grumpa Tom
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Sep 2003
23,995 Posts
Hope you pull through it okay.
Kmot is offline Find More Posts by Kmot
Old Apr 27, 2011, 07:57 PM
"day ain't over yet-"
Western N.Y. winemaking country
Joined Jun 2005
9,768 Posts
We're keeping our fingers crossed that you make out okay, Hoghappy.

They've announced that we have a tornado watch here until 10PM, can you believe---.

Yeah, here---.
der kapitan is offline Find More Posts by der kapitan
Old Apr 27, 2011, 08:04 PM
AMA 743519 Team Heliproz Pilot
United States, WA, Granite Falls
Joined Mar 2006
1,143 Posts
my niece is in birmingham. we have not heard from her yet. waiting...waiting...i really hope she is ok.
drakonis is offline Find More Posts by drakonis
Old Apr 27, 2011, 08:41 PM
**NOT GUILTY**
Millbrook, Alabama
Joined Jun 2004
6,460 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by drakonis View Post
my niece is in birmingham. we have not heard from her yet. waiting...waiting...i really hope she is ok.
The one I saw on tv was in North Birmingham.....oh....the sirens are going here now....not good....the good news is it doesn't look like a big one....but it heading my way....got to go....
Old Apr 28, 2011, 05:19 AM
Shanghai'd Expat
Xiaoshan, China
Joined Jun 2006
4,625 Posts
Its weird all over, Kap. Here in Hangzhou, we're already hitting temps over 90 & had major t-storms the previous night which rarely, if ever, are seen in the region. Hopefully we don't see any tornados but at this point I wouldn't be surprised. Global Weirding is what Tom Friedman so aptly called climate change & I'm a firm believer in it.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/02/17/op...7friedman.html

For those who don't believe in that sort of thing, you'd better get used to some changes in the weather 'cause they are a comin'.

Stay safe folks!
herrmill is online now Find More Posts by herrmill
Old Apr 28, 2011, 08:26 AM
**NOT GUILTY**
Millbrook, Alabama
Joined Jun 2004
6,460 Posts
wow...what a nightmare....

...We are ok...a very close call...here's pics of the radar showing where we live and how close it was here... the one that near missed me went on to wipe out a trailer park and a town killing numerous folks.

I am very thankful for not being hit this morning...
Old Apr 28, 2011, 08:33 AM
Raleigh NC
Joined Jul 2008
1,865 Posts
good to see you're fine, we went through that last week,must be the same feeling a fighter pilot gets when his systems tells him something bad has locked on.. looks like this mess in weaking before it gets here..
tghsmith is online now Find More Posts by tghsmith
Last edited by tghsmith; Apr 28, 2011 at 10:40 AM.
Old Apr 28, 2011, 08:36 AM
"day ain't over yet-"
Joined Jun 2005
9,768 Posts
I read on the news this morning that there have been at least 178 deaths attributed to the recent plague of tornados across five southern states, a few in Tennessee and one in New York, and it isn't over yet---.

Right now,the wind is really howling here, and my lawn furniture has all blown up against the fence on the east side of my yard, the grill cover is gone, and one small table went into the pond. Guess I'm lucky, as this is all salvageable, and my roof is still on.

I put several concrete pavers on top of my hot tub cover last night, or it would have blown off too---.
Old Apr 28, 2011, 08:52 AM
Retired for now
Bonita Springs,Fl.
Joined Sep 2007
8,730 Posts
Man this is all very frightening. Glad your ok Hoghappy and that you didn't lose your home.I hope this isn't an indication of what the hurricane season will be like.
We had a small twister touch down in my trailer park a couple years ago. It awakened me at three AM, sounded exactly like a train going by and before I could get up and move five feet to get into the bath,it was gone. Next morning I could see where it hit a couple of large trees behind me. The branches were all wrapped around themselves and snapped. If you don't see these things coming your screwed. By the time you hear them it is too late.
Pete
norgale is online now Find More Posts by norgale
Old Apr 28, 2011, 10:03 AM
"day ain't over yet-"
Joined Jun 2005
9,768 Posts
I just hope that none of the folks on these forums who live down there suddenly go permanently offline---.
Old Apr 28, 2011, 10:12 AM
Boats on the brain!!
Arnold, Mo.
Joined Jul 2005
4,613 Posts
Glad to hear that you made it thru ok. Not trying to out do you but we've had our fair share of tornados up here also. This time they were just north of me.
green-boat is offline Find More Posts by green-boat
Old Apr 28, 2011, 10:15 AM
**NOT GUILTY**
Millbrook, Alabama
Joined Jun 2004
6,460 Posts
Video I put together last night...

Dixie Alley Tornados 4-27-2011 (6 min 18 sec)
Old Apr 28, 2011, 10:57 AM
Grumpa Tom
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Sep 2003
23,995 Posts
Scary sh*t!

Glad you came through okay Robert.

I was looking at photos of the destruction this morning on Fox news. It is sad, mother nature can be so random at times.
Kmot is offline Find More Posts by Kmot
Old Apr 28, 2011, 02:16 PM
"Take the Cannollis"
Lake Martin ALABAMA
Joined Feb 2006
896 Posts
The lightning ! No exaggeration..... In the pitch dark, you could have sat outside and read a newspaper... for about an hour and a half...with no difficulty.
There was absolutely more light than dark. Unreal.
Steve Bad is offline Find More Posts by Steve Bad