HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by JLT_GTI, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Apr 27, 2011, 04:19 PM
Oviedo
Joined Jun 2010
2,320 Posts
Discussion
SIG Ninja finally complete and it even flies

Almost 2 weeks and i forgot to post the pics of the finished Ninja and of course the video of its maiden flight.

and here she is finally:

Here along another custom Ninja built from scratch based on the plans but with changes (reinforced overall, selig 6041 airfoil rather than E374 , slightly biger wing chord, bigger ailerons .. )

And here the video of the maiden flight:

Primer vuelo del SIG Ninja / SIG Ninja first flight (2 min 15 sec)

With a "test" pilot at the controls to avoid nasty surprises.. it flew rather well.. actually and ironically we had to add balast as winds were blowing at 40km/h.. not much trimming needed and it had tons of lift..
After some minutes of testing it the test pilot handed the Tx back to me and i handled the rest of the flight..
Boy she is fast.. and is quite more sensible tan anyother plane i have tested yet.. tought not "hard" .. it landed quite nice without doing anything strange and actually when doing final aproach and turning to face wind in final it slowed down nicely even tought i had not deployed the flaps.

Hours need to be put on this bird...
JLT_GTI is offline Find More Posts by JLT_GTI
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: CL-415 GuanLi
to remove ads between posts