HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 27, 2011, 12:02 PM
Joined Apr 2011
37 Posts
Question
nine eagles solo pro

hi guys im new here

just wanted to ask a lil question

i picked up a solo pro flys fine but wen im hovering it seems to sit to the right in the air if u know wat i mean and wen i turn with the tail rotor (dont know what its called sorry) it flying off in a direction whilst turning with the tail whilst im trying to spin on the spot is this just a common thing??

any help would be great thanks guys

dan
dan1987 is offline Find More Posts by dan1987
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 27, 2011, 12:38 PM
Did you check the FAQ already?
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
12,912 Posts
How about a whole topic full of help? Just a few lines above where you posted this one.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1337008

There you'll read under "Flight Behavior" that the angle it has to the right is normal, and the moving forward or backward when giving right or left rudder is also normal for this heli.

And welcome to the "Solo Pro family", hope you'll enjoy this little marvel.
SoloProFan is online now Find More Posts by SoloProFan
Old Apr 27, 2011, 01:04 PM
Joined Apr 2011
37 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloPro View Post
How about a whole topic full of help? Just a few lines above where you posted this one.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1337008

There you'll read under "Flight Behavior" that the angle it has to the right is normal, and the moving forward or backward when giving right or left rudder is also normal for this heli.

And welcome to the "Solo Pro family", hope you'll enjoy this little marvel.
i thought it was normal just wasnt so sure as my last heli was a co axal so didnt do what the single rotor ones do but thanks for your reply still trying to workout how to use the forum lol and i do love the solo pro m8 has the msr its cool but breaks more often had 10+ flights on the solo and 1 crash doing ok i think still cant fly with it facing me tho lol

dan
Old Apr 27, 2011, 01:42 PM
Joined Apr 2011
37 Posts
another thing i have a dx6i that i use on my planes will that pair with the solo pro i would try it but my dx6i is round my mates with my planes just wondering if it would work

dan
Old Apr 27, 2011, 02:28 PM
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
12,912 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan1987 View Post
another thing i have a dx6i that i use on my planes will that pair with the solo pro i would try it but my dx6i is round my mates with my planes just wondering if it would work

dan
That question is also covered in the FAQ thread, but I'll be nice, and give you the answer right away. All manufacturers use their own transmitter protocol, so you can't use a transmitter of brand "X" to control stuff of brand "Y". So the Dx6i won't work with Nine Eagles products.
Old Apr 27, 2011, 02:58 PM
Joined Apr 2011
37 Posts
Quote:
That question is also covered in the FAQ thread, but I'll be nice, and give you the answer right away. All manufacturers use their own transmitter protocol, so you can't use a transmitter of brand "X" to control stuff of brand "Y". So the Dx6i won't work with Nine Eagles products.
ok thanks dont mind using the 1 it comes with

dan
Old Apr 27, 2011, 03:20 PM
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
12,912 Posts
Quote:
ok thanks dont mind using the 1 it comes with

dan
You'll find it offers quite a few adjustments, even though some find the Nine Eagles TX "toylike" in appearance. The display is very informative, and you can even use subtrimming (adjusting trims while indicators stay in the middle), gyro sensitivity, and how far each servo travels, in both directions. It lacks the model memory of the Dx6i, and expo settings, but apart from that, it does the job well, especially considering how cheap this TX is.
Old Apr 27, 2011, 03:22 PM
ooops
Dekalb,Illinois
Joined Oct 2003
1,452 Posts
Punctuation is a big help for us reading also =)
StCalvin is offline Find More Posts by StCalvin
Old Apr 27, 2011, 03:51 PM
Joined Apr 2011
37 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by StCalvin View Post
Punctuation is a big help for us reading also =)
sorry i struggle alot to spell i very good with mechanics and building but struggle to read and write so bear with me
Old Apr 27, 2011, 04:00 PM
Joined Apr 2011
37 Posts
Quote:
You'll find it offers quite a few adjustments, even though some find the Nine Eagles TX "toylike" in appearance. The display is very informative, and you can even use subtrimming (adjusting trims while indicators stay in the middle), gyro sensitivity, and how far each servo travels, in both directions. It lacks the model memory of the Dx6i, and expo settings, but apart from that, it does the job well, especially considering how cheap this TX is.
i know all about trimming on the dx6i but how do u use the sub trimming with the indicators not moving on the radio with the solo? but to be honest i have set it up rather well it hovers and i can put the radio aside and it stays there i am very happy with it considering i got it second hand from this model shop i just stopped off at on my journey and it was 45 and come with another solo in the box minius a few bits so have a spare heli for bits
Old Apr 28, 2011, 12:23 AM
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
12,912 Posts
Quote:
i know all about trimming on the dx6i but how do u use the sub trimming with the indicators not moving on the radio with the solo? but to be honest i have set it up rather well it hovers and i can put the radio aside and it stays there i am very happy with it considering i got it second hand from this model shop i just stopped off at on my journey and it was 45 and come with another solo in the box minius a few bits so have a spare heli for bits
If it hovers fine, I wouldn't bother with subtrimming. This may only be needed if you need excessive trimming to get stable hover. The FAQ thread explains the subtrim procedure, should you decide you need it, but I think you better start getting some "stick time" and learn to fly it. If it hovers well, it's probably set up as well as can be.
Old Apr 28, 2011, 05:03 AM
Joined Apr 2011
37 Posts
Quote:
If it hovers fine, I wouldn't bother with subtrimming. This may only be needed if you need excessive trimming to get stable hover. The FAQ thread explains the subtrim procedure, should you decide you need it, but I think you better start getting some "stick time" and learn to fly it. If it hovers well, it's probably set up as well as can be.
i want to get some stick time in going to pick another solo pro up today for a mate so maybe having some1 to fly with will push me to be brave lol and hopefully i wont break it might pick a few spare bits up aswell since they are are very cheap but i will look into the subtrims just so i know about it thanks for all your help

dan