SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by lmopar69, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Apr 26, 2011, 09:37 PM
Team Cobra!!! Ssssssss!
United States, NE, Doniphan
Joined Feb 2005
7,856 Posts
Discussion
The "Kaminator"

Woke up this morning with an idea. Jumped out of bed, and out to the trailer I went. Well, bummer, power was out because of the storm last night. So, drug out my big old Dewalt generator, plugged the trailer in and off I went working on a new plane for my little 9 year old Kameron. About 3 hours later, we went out in the wind for a maiden flight, and to my surprise, the thing flew awesome! So, I asked the little bugger how we should decorate it, and, here ya have it. The fully decorated FFF Kaminator! Elevons and rudder for controls a 3S 1320 and a 10x4.7 apc prop. Video coming soon.

Laine.

The Kaminator (7 min 23 sec)
lmopar69 is offline Find More Posts by lmopar69
Last edited by lmopar69; Apr 27, 2011 at 05:09 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 28, 2011, 07:53 AM
14s 180mah should be enough...
United States, NC, Pfafftown
Joined Feb 2001
3,698 Posts
Looks good, Man! He ought to be real happy with that. Now...if he starts bowling with it, watch out!
IFLYOS is offline Find More Posts by IFLYOS
Old Apr 28, 2011, 11:07 AM
Team Cobra!!! Ssssssss!
Joined Feb 2005
7,856 Posts
He will! LOL, gotta teach the boy right! Wanna get him his AMA before the Fall Fun Fly at Hodges. He's coming with the wife and I.

Laine.
Old Apr 28, 2011, 11:13 AM
Joined Feb 2001
3,698 Posts
Good deal, man! That boy has a legacy to uphold!
Old Apr 28, 2011, 08:21 PM
just go FLY !!
Jasper, TN
Joined May 2004
1,185 Posts
now thats a great way to get the dog some exercise...wonder if it'll work with a Ninja ?
brn-grose is online now Find More Posts by brn-grose
Old Apr 28, 2011, 10:12 PM
Team Cobra!!! Ssssssss!
Joined Feb 2005
7,856 Posts
Yes, he certainly does have some big shoes to fill. He's coming along quite nicely though.

Hemi the Super Dog LOVES planes. She hears the sound of a Castle ESC being plugged in and no matter where she is or what she is doing, she is in the doorway "talking" to me and spinning in circles. Boy she hates it when Im setting up a plane and I dont fly. She gets all depressed.

Laine.
Old Apr 29, 2011, 03:22 AM
Team Cobra
Germany, NRW, Kalletal
Joined Feb 2011
163 Posts
Tornado?

Laine,

Plugging in a castle ESC and then not going to fly? shame on you to "torture" your boxer like this!
Nice little Foaminator look-a-like plane you build there.
Does your son fly on a simulator? If you have the chance to try the Aerofly Pro Deluxe or the newer Aerofly 5.5 teach him to fly on Mac Hodges' field. That's included there by default in an excellent photo quality and by this he would be well prepared for the fall event or latest for SEFF '12 RC Night Bowling.

Laine, please tell me about the storms in the southern states. Has there been any damage to your property? Are you all well? Nic and me were shocked when we heard about the extension of those disasters in your region.
Hopefully everybody is fine!

Thomas
LastDown is offline Find More Posts by LastDown
Old Apr 29, 2011, 11:17 AM
Team Cobra!!! Ssssssss!
Joined Feb 2005
7,856 Posts
Hey there Thomas. I know, I shouldnt torture my poor little Hemi, she is so much fun to fly with though. She has never laid a paw on a plane either, she just LOVES to chase them! When I land, she just stops and guards the plane until I launch it again. Sometimes she will even lick them. She sure does love our planes!

Kam flys Real Flight G3 occasionally. I have to tell him to practice take-offs and landings in the correct camera mode, or else he will just put the camera on "chase mode" and zing around trying to hit obstacles. He loves the Simulator though.

We only had very minor damage in the last few rounds of storms. Both Kristys truck and my truck now each have a nice dent/scratch from some debris. Hers happend while driving through St Louis about 2 min before the airport got hit, mine happened here at our house. It is what it is I guess, we got off pretty lucky I would say.

You take care, and I look forward to seeing you guys again next year!

Laine.
Old May 03, 2011, 02:44 AM
Plowin Dirt
USA, WA, Benton City
Joined Oct 2007
1,605 Posts
I'm seeing a 'combat bird' and let the pieces and parts fly..no tape, no ribbons, just total de-construction...LOL

Dan
deckert is offline Find More Posts by deckert
Old May 03, 2011, 10:18 AM
Team Cobra!!! Ssssssss!
Joined Feb 2005
7,856 Posts
Oh absolutely Dan. If he gets to flying good enough, Im certain he will want to try to knock dad out of the sky.

If the stupid weather would improve, he might get a bit more flying done. Right now, maybe an RC boat would be the way to go. Stupid rain.

Laine.
Old May 03, 2011, 12:27 PM
Joined Feb 2001
3,698 Posts
Stupid rain is right...whats up with this? we need flying weather! There is another Stahr that needs to leave his mark in the sky!
Old May 03, 2011, 01:56 PM
Team Cobra!!! Ssssssss!
Joined Feb 2005
7,856 Posts
Yep yep. Think I'll take both my boys out and do a little flying real quick before I have to head into town.

Laine.