SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Apr 25, 2011, 11:24 PM
Suspended Account
United States, FL, Maitland
Joined Apr 2011
2,109 Posts
Discussion
Simple Hawk Sky mods + info thread

I've seen a few threads on RCpowers about the HS but nothing really popped up here on the search. How about we get a thread going that has a list of good motors & props to use? Also other things like aileron hinges, servo replacements etc.

Motors: What motors would be a good uprgade for the stock ESC and an upgraded ESC?
Props: Would a different prop perform better or would you only need to change the prop when you change the motor?

Control surface hinges: What hinges or makeshift hinges to replace the foam hinge?

Control surface extensions: What foam do you use and where do you get it?

Servos: ???

The coefficient of friction of the foam actually feels like a lot to me, I wonder if there is something that you can spray the foam with that isn't too heavy but will smooth the surface out and allow for faster and more effortless flight(paint or something).

_____
Useful info I have figured out:

Program the ESC-

Step 1: Plug in battery to power Rx+ESC+motor
Step 2: Turn on Tx. Switch down, throttle trim down, throttle down, other trims in the middle.
Step 3: Once the Tx+Rx have bound, unplug the battery to the plane.
Step 4: Move the throttle to the top, then plug the Rx back in. You will hear 3 beeps. If you wait after this, you will hear two beeps, then a "menu jingle". It sounds like "da da da da da" with increasing tones. Next is the menu of options:

1 beep
2 beeps
3 beeps -->move throttle down-->1 beep, 2 beep submenu-->throttle up-->initilized
4 beeps
high tone
high tone + beep
high tone + beep + beep
high + high
*menu jingle plays, starts from top*

To select, I think you move the throttle back down. I'm not sure again, but this is my interpretation of the beeps. Mine initializes if I move the throttle down when the 3 beeps sound. Then I move it back up after 1 beep and then you will hear 3 more short beeps, then one long one. This means it is ready to go. Just toggle the throttle switch and the throttle will work.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sw31jOrA7ZM
chatch15117 is offline Find More Posts by chatch15117
Last edited by chatch15117; May 02, 2011 at 02:00 AM.
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 25, 2011, 11:48 PM
United States, AK, Anchorage
Joined Feb 2009
1,287 Posts
If your looking for all out speed you should really buy a different airframe. Other wise do some minor upgrades and enjoy it for what it is a powered glider. If your looking for a little more speed I recommend a grayson hobby mega jet v2 motor on a 6x4 or 6x5.5 apc prop, a 40 amp esc, and any 2200 25c 3s battery.
yellowcolorado is offline Find More Posts by yellowcolorado
Last edited by yellowcolorado; Apr 25, 2011 at 11:55 PM.
Old Apr 25, 2011, 11:49 PM
Joined Feb 2011
21 Posts
The EMAX CF2812 is a great power house for the hawk sky.

For hinges i use packing tape

I prefer depron for all my foam needs

The 9gram hobbyking servos
rcthrasher is offline Find More Posts by rcthrasher