SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Apr 25, 2011, 05:07 PM
Joined Aug 2009
21 Posts
Discussion
The fy90Q controller

I have an issue with the controller. I can lift off and hover it perfectly almost hands off about 20 sec, but if i give left on the stick, it rolls left BUT when i release the stick and makes it hover again, it tends to go to left and i have to set the trims to right on the radio to compensate it,

Seems like that everytime i use the stick, the fy90q thinks that i actually use the trims instead. I turn it left, and when i get it in stable hovering again, it tries to go left!

Does anyone know why? Please help:confused
barrocco is offline Find More Posts by barrocco
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 25, 2011, 06:48 PM
Australia
Joined Sep 2009
168 Posts
This was a Buy and beta test Unit... R&D with your money. Best thing to do is Sell the unit and buy or make your own.. MK ( is best bet ) ... even try the Xcraft 450..

by the time you rip your hair out you could be flying sweet with a MK or ( Xcraft 450 = $450 for the lot ) with GPS .... lol

Sorry to say it but that is it.. BW, you will have a few pop in and say other wise do not listen to them.. FY90 is a bucket... It should not have been sold till it was R&D first.. Not sell the unit and then make a new on before the first one fly's stable.

I will get fried for posting this but I can not stay silent any more Iv tried the unit it is not very nice at all.. to make it fly... A lot of this and a bit of that move this, take that wire away, So on So on So on ...

You should not have to do that much to make it fly.. OMG !! Wrong..

Ok Im standing here with my blind fold on.. fire away..
timeman is offline Find More Posts by timeman
Old Apr 25, 2011, 07:04 PM
Tri-Quad-Hexa-Octo-copters!!
United States, TX, San Antonio
Joined Feb 2007
14,588 Posts
Hi,
The FY90Q thread is here: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1304595 Re-post there for help from experienced Gents who have had success with this $154 self-leveling quadrocopter flight controller Post some photos of your controller setup and state the Tx and Rx and ESCs that you are using along with the settings and setup you accomplished.
Cheers,
Jim
Vote for my Bro Joe here: Quadrocopter and Tricopter Mega Link Index
Quote:
Originally Posted by barrocco View Post
I have an issue with the controller. I can lift off and hover it perfectly almost hands off about 20 sec, but if i give left on the stick, it rolls left BUT when i release the stick and makes it hover again, it tends to go to left and i have to set the trims to right on the radio to compensate it,

Seems like that everytime i use the stick, the fy90q thinks that i actually use the trims instead. I turn it left, and when i get it in stable hovering again, it tries to go left!

Does anyone know why? Please help:confused
jesolins is offline Find More Posts by jesolins
Old Apr 25, 2011, 10:10 PM
Joined Jun 2010
766 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by timeman View Post
This was a Buy and beta test Unit... R&D with your money. Best thing to do is Sell the unit and buy or make your own.. MK ( is best bet ) ... even try the Xcraft 450..

by the time you rip your hair out you could be flying sweet with a MK or ( Xcraft 450 = $450 for the lot ) with GPS .... lol

Sorry to say it but that is it.. BW, you will have a few pop in and say other wise do not listen to them.. FY90 is a bucket... It should not have been sold till it was R&D first.. Not sell the unit and then make a new on before the first one fly's stable.

I will get fried for posting this but I can not stay silent any more Iv tried the unit it is not very nice at all.. to make it fly... A lot of this and a bit of that move this, take that wire away, So on So on So on ...

You should not have to do that much to make it fly.. OMG !! Wrong..

Ok Im standing here with my blind fold on.. fire away..

The FY90Q was started to sell half an year ago.
And thousands of pilots had got their own units.

Check the thread of FY90Q here:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1304595

To see if most pilots are dispointed with this product,or most of them are satisfied with this product.If most of them are unhappy,OK,you can ask Mr Wei,the boss of FY team to close his company and get out of the RC world.

Please note even the best product in world can not make every happy!

Yin
yiny0730 is offline Find More Posts by yiny0730
Old Apr 27, 2011, 04:57 PM
Joined Aug 2009
21 Posts
I see. Thank you. I agree with you. Where can I finde the one you mention. The MK and the Xcraft?
barrocco is offline Find More Posts by barrocco
Old Apr 27, 2011, 07:29 PM
Australia
Joined Sep 2009
168 Posts
Your Welcome barrocco

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrocco View Post
I see. Thank you. I agree with you. Where can I finde the one you mention. The MK and the Xcraft?
Cheers mate.. PM sent..

Don't get me started Yin you have not replied to any of my Emails from day one lol....

I know what the FY90 can do and it is not what they claim

Its ok every one has to try...your young and have a long way to go Yin good luck
timeman is offline Find More Posts by timeman
Old Apr 27, 2011, 08:39 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Feb 2004
7,056 Posts
Could it be that your subtrims are actually off a bit? I was running into that issue and found that I had not zeroed everything out on my tx. I had been running it on an airplane before I started flying the quad and hadn't reset everything back to zero.
I also had this same issue with my GU344. Another thing you want to do is to set the quad as level as you can get it before you plug in the battery, then let it sit for a few seconds before takeoff to let it align itself.
Neither one of my quads will fly trimless. They both need corrective trimming in small amounts from time to time. Neither one flies exactly the same through each and every flight.
Whether it's because the motors are heating up, esc's are heating up or just the nature of the beast I'm not certain. If you've purchased yours recently I would doubt it's a beta unit. Those were all sold months ago.
Also, are you experiencing this situation on one trim or all of them? If it's only on channel 2 it could very well be your transmitter. I've had a couple of transmitters over the years that would hold trim for the most part but would drift a very small amount. You don't notice it as much with a plane as you will a quad. When we fly a plane we basically will fly through any small changes in trim but they are much more noticeable on something that will sit stationary like a quad or helicopter.
Although I've had my share of issues with my FY90Q I've got it flying to the point that I actually prefer to fly it over my GU344. It's much more forgiving and although maybe not as precise, it will level itself out if you've got it set up properly.
My son has an Arduino quad and I can fly mine much more smoothly than he can his.
Believe me when I say that I too, was ready to drive a truck over my FY90Q but once I started to understand how to get it set up right and what motors and esc's to use and how to set up a frame properly, I found it to have more positives than negatives. I'm sure I drove more than one person in this forum nuts with my ranting and raving but eventually I got this thing going very well.
randall1959 is offline Find More Posts by randall1959
Last edited by randall1959; Apr 27, 2011 at 08:57 PM.
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)