HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by 13brv3, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Apr 25, 2011, 09:53 AM
Navarre, FL
Joined Mar 2002
3,845 Posts
Trader Rating: 7
Sold
Probotix V90 CNC router

Greetings,

I've used this Probotix V90 for almost 3 years, and it's been a real work horse. I've outgrown it now, and need the space on the table for a larger machine, so this one is going to a new home.

It's pretty much the same machine they sell today for about $1200 with electronics and motors. They didn't offer the ready made control boxes back then, so my is the Office Depot version

The machine is in good shape for X and Y, with new lead screws and anti-backlash nuts, but the Z axis is getting a bit loose, and would need some overhaul for more precise operation. It still works of course, but it does need some maintenance, which is why it's cheap.

There is no computer or software included, just the motor control electronics and the machine.

Since no one was able to come get it fully assembled, I've taken it apart for packing and shipping. Note that there is no table top included, since the original is big, heavy, and too warped to be worth using. The worn out Dewalt router is in the trash as well, but there's a new one in the box.

The price is $500, plus UPS ground shipping (US only). The box is 17x17x36, and weighs 61 lbs, so you can figure the UPS postage from Navarre, FL 32566.

If you're interested, drop me an email, and I can send better pictures. Note that PMs are turned off.

Cheers,
Rusty
rusty@radrotary.com
13brv3 is offline Find More Posts by 13brv3
Site Sponsor
Last edited by 13brv3; May 16, 2011 at 02:22 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 30, 2011, 05:27 PM
Moore, Oklahoma
Joined Oct 2004
4,322 Posts
Trader Rating: 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13brv3 View Post
Greetings,

I've used this Probotix V90 for almost 3 years, and it's been a real work horse. I've outgrown it now, and need the space on the table for a larger machine, so this one is going to a new home.

It's pretty much the same machine they sell today for about $1200 with electronics and motors. They didn't offer the ready made control boxes back then, so my is the Office Depot version

The machine is in good shape for X and Y, with new lead screws and anti-backlash nuts, but the Z axis is getting a bit loose, and would need some overhaul for more precise operation. It still works of course, but it does need some maintenance, which is why it's cheap.

There is no computer or software included, just the motor control electronics and the machine.

The price is $500, and for now I'd like to sell it to someone who can come to the Pensacola FL area to pick it up. It's heavier than it looks, and crating/shipping will take too much time and money. It's also very well aligned, so keeping it together will save the new owner a lot of alignment hassle.

If you're interested, drop me an email, and I can send better pictures. Note that PMs are turned off.

Cheers,
Rusty
rusty@radrotary.com

I would buy it and spend up to $100 on shipping. Any chance you could put it on Greyhound? They will get it here in two days and cost less than $75.00

I am open to a PM. OR you can e-mail me at chris@attopilotinternational.com

Thank you
airmcn_3 is offline Find More Posts by airmcn_3
Old May 01, 2011, 05:57 PM
Navarre, FL
Joined Mar 2002
3,845 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by airmcn_3 View Post
I would buy it and spend up to $100 on shipping. Any chance you could put it on Greyhound? They will get it here in two days and cost less than $75.00

I am open to a PM. OR you can e-mail me at chris@attopilotinternational.com

Thank you
I'll keep the offer in mind, but shipping it will be a last resort option.

Cheers,
Rusty
Site Sponsor
Old May 03, 2011, 11:25 AM
memphis
Joined Jan 2003
434 Posts
Trader Rating: 52
what kind of software would you use on something like this and where do you get it?
TERMAGATOR is offline Find More Posts by TERMAGATOR
Old May 03, 2011, 04:44 PM
Navarre, FL
Joined Mar 2002
3,845 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TERMAGATOR View Post
what kind of software would you use on something like this and where do you get it?
This is a very broad question. You will need CAD software to draw parts, CAM software to convert the drawing to g-code, and CNC software to drive the machine using the g-code.

The software is available in many versions, from many sources.

You will also need a computer with a parallel port, which is capable of running a CNC machine. Mostly that means that it has a very stable parallel port. This is not nearly as easy as it sounds. There's also the option of using one of the few USB adapters, but that will require you to buy and learn how to use the adapter. I've run the machine with a SmoothStepper, which is NOT included.

Rusty
Site Sponsor
Old May 11, 2011, 10:45 PM
it's for sale
Glasgow, KY
Joined Sep 2010
133 Posts
Trader Rating: 10
Man if you were closer, ever come to KY much?
Full Spool is offline Find More Posts by Full Spool
Old May 13, 2011, 08:30 PM
Navarre, FL
Joined Mar 2002
3,845 Posts
Not passing by KY anytime soon, and time is running out. The new machine is shipping next week, so the V90 has to go. I'll start taking it apart in a couple days, and go from there.

Rusty
Site Sponsor
Old May 13, 2011, 08:44 PM
United States, FL, North Port
Joined Mar 2004
3,420 Posts
Trader Rating: 24
if it was only about 3 times larger..
invertmast is online now Find More Posts by invertmast
Old May 14, 2011, 11:21 AM
United States, FL, North Port
Joined Mar 2004
3,420 Posts
Trader Rating: 24
Ok,
so i'm getting tired of cutting small parts by hand when i can draw them in cad in less than 1/10 the time. If and when you decide to ship, send me a PM, as i'm very interested.
invertmast is online now Find More Posts by invertmast
Old May 15, 2011, 06:59 PM
Navarre, FL
Joined Mar 2002
3,845 Posts
The router is now disassembled, and can be shipped. The original post was updates with the details.

Rusty
Site Sponsor
Last edited by 13brv3; May 15, 2011 at 07:10 PM.
Closed Thread