HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 25, 2011, 12:07 AM
Joined Apr 2011
20 Posts
Question
nine eagle Solo Pro vs draco

Hi everybody,

I made some research on the web and I didn't really find an answer.
What is the difference between this two heli?

I was wondering too if it's possible to put the Cabin Set of the nine eagle Draco on the nine eagle solo pro?

Thank you,
cedddddd is offline Find More Posts by cedddddd
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 25, 2011, 02:58 AM
Raager Dat
United States, SC, Goose Creek
Joined Apr 2011
412 Posts
They are both great helicopters first of all.

Draco is a Coaxial helicopter - more docile, still pretty fast - indoor.

Solo Pro is a Fixed Pitch helicopter - more responsive, faster flying - indoor, outdoor with winds of ~2mph.

They both use the same controller, and are both 4 channel helicopters.

If you want an indoor super easy to fly heli, go for a draco.

If you want an indoor/outdoor with slight wind helicopter, get a solo pro.
Steve1991 is offline Find More Posts by Steve1991
Old Apr 25, 2011, 03:30 AM
Did you check the FAQ already?
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
13,641 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cedddddd View Post
Hi everybody,

I made some research on the web and I didn't really find an answer.
What is the difference between this two heli?

I was wondering too if it's possible to put the Cabin Set of the nine eagle Draco on the nine eagle solo pro?

Thank you,

I've heard the Solo canopy fits the Solo Pro, so the mounting poles are probably on the same place. So it might work.

As for the difference, the Solo Pro is single rotor so it's more agile, and faster, and the coaxial Draco more docile. The Solo Pro can even fly outside when it's not too windy, with the Draco you can forget it, unless it's perfectly calm. The Draco is more stable, although even the Solo Pro can hover without any stick input, when well trimmed.
SoloProFan is offline Find More Posts by SoloProFan
Old Apr 25, 2011, 08:19 AM
Joined Apr 2011
20 Posts
Thank you very much for your fast response.
So I think I made a mistake cause I thought the solo pro was a coaxial lollll.

Can you tell me the difference between the Solo ( coaxial red or green ) and the Draco please?

And where can I find the Draco? ( I live in the USA now )

Thank you
Old Apr 25, 2011, 12:42 PM
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
13,641 Posts
Quote:
Thank you very much for your fast response.
So I think I made a mistake cause I thought the solo pro was a coaxial lollll.

Can you tell me the difference between the Solo ( coaxial red or green ) and the Draco please?

And where can I find the Draco? ( I live in the USA now )

Thank you
The Solo is a coaxial, the Solo Pro a single rotor. As for the differences between the Draco and the Solo/Free Spirit (aka "the green one") they're almost identical, except for the canopy. Just study this partslist on Clubheli, and you'll seen most Draco parts also have the suffix /Solo/Free Spirit next to them: http://www.clubheli.com/Nine-Eagles-...ies_c_101.html
Old Apr 25, 2011, 02:24 PM
Joined Apr 2011
20 Posts
THANK YOU
I have to say that what I thought but better asking to people who really know the RC world .
At first my chose was the Solo/free Spirit but I don't really like the look of this heli, and for me it s look like very easy to broke ( maybe I'm wrong ... )
The Darco more "solid".
but If I understand well I'll be able to "dress" the Solo with the canopy of the Darco?

Last question, $80 shipped for a Darco it's a regular price ( I only find this heli on clubheli.com )

Thank you very much for your help
Old Apr 25, 2011, 02:30 PM
Vroooom putta putta putta
Joined Feb 2011
1,092 Posts
The Draco has a "scale look" dollybody on it. I doubt it would be much more durable than the same heli with a performance canopy on it.
SubtleT is offline Find More Posts by SubtleT
Old Apr 25, 2011, 04:40 PM
Raager Dat
Joined Apr 2011
412 Posts
If you cut the tail fin off the draco canopy set, the you can fit it on a solo pro most likely, but you'll need to make some adjustments to fit all the nubs.

It doesn't have a tail boom inside the canopy, so that's why it will not go on the solo pro as is.

Perhaps you can remove the solo pro tail fin and then cut a hole in the draco canopy fin for the tail rotor/engine to stick out of, haven't seen anyone try it - so good luck.
Old Apr 26, 2011, 08:27 AM
Joined Apr 2011
20 Posts
oki, but doing that for a solo ( coaxial ) may be easy no ? cause the Draco and the Solo are more or less the same heli ...
Old Apr 26, 2011, 01:02 PM
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
13,641 Posts
Quote:
oki, but doing that for a solo ( coaxial ) may be easy no ? cause the Draco and the Solo are more or less the same heli ...
The Solo uses the same frame as the Draco, so fitting a Draco canopy is simply a matter of removing the tail boom of the Solo, and fitting the Draco canopy.
Old Apr 26, 2011, 07:22 PM
Joined Apr 2011
20 Posts
yeah that what I thought...

Thank you for your help guys, I think I'll go whit the Nine Eagles Solo for my first heli
and if I want to move to FP heli I will be able to use the TX of the Solo to pilot the Solo Pro I think. ( but it's what I understood When I was reading the thread of nine eagles tips ... )
Old Apr 26, 2011, 08:04 PM
Raager Dat
Joined Apr 2011
412 Posts
Quote:
yeah that what I thought...

Thank you for your help guys, I think I'll go whit the Nine Eagles Solo for my first heli
and if I want to move to FP heli I will be able to use the TX of the Solo to pilot the Solo Pro I think. ( but it's what I understood When I was reading the thread of nine eagles tips ... )
Yep, you can use the same controller for the solo/solopro/bravo/freespirit(small one)/draco.
Old Apr 27, 2011, 09:05 AM
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
13,641 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve1991 View Post
Yep, you can use the same controller for the solo/solopro/bravo/freespirit(small one)/draco.
You can even fly the big Free Spirit with it. Only the Nine Eagles planes are not compatible with the heli tx. Same applies to the rebranded helis. The Revell Proto CX transmitter can fly the Solo Pro for instance.