HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 25, 2012, 07:59 PM
Joined Feb 2012
352 Posts
Back to Seaky's sandbox. Sometimes you don't see how much work it is to create some of the sceneries before you test them out. This one's totally amazing! You've got an old shipwreck left to rust on a beach. Virtually all the small parts are touch sensitive, it must have been a real nightmare to get it right. Hull, ropes, nets, mast, anchor windlass, flag, banners... If you don't land on level ground the angle seems to be right. I wonder how many hours Seaky spent on this one. Many!!! (What patience...) Simply brilliant.

Norderney Shipwreck: (link removed)
Fatgadget is offline Find More Posts by Fatgadget
Last edited by Fatgadget; Aug 08, 2012 at 02:29 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 26, 2012, 02:27 AM
Hamburg
Joined Mar 2004
102 Posts
Hi Fatgadget,

thank you for your postings and your very nice screenshots!

Several years ago Seaky asked me as the author of the sceneries which were published before as HELI-X-sceneries on my site www.szenerien.de if he could convert them to Phoenix. I sent him the cubefaces which I created from the often very difficult stitchable spherical panoramas and he constructed the 3D-modelling of the objects and the landscape very well.

"Südafrikanische Wüste" (Southafrican Desert) was one of the very rare cooperations which came up with other photographers. The author of the original-images is "Pacome". He did'nt want to be named by his real name. Some weeks ago I found the graphical material on one of my external HDDs and converted the restitched and improved scenery in high quality with a resolution of 4096x4096 pixel (cubefaces) for Phoenix RC.

Now here is the result:

http://szenerien.de/index.php?option...d=62&Itemid=63

Have fun with this scenery and feel free for sending a feedback!

If you like to donate some money, I will be able to buy soft- and hardware for further sceneries!
Then go to www.szenerien.de and click the PayPal-Button.

Video:
http://content.bitsontherun.com/play...-ouuBN7ai.html

Harald
EPPforFUN is offline Find More Posts by EPPforFUN
Last edited by EPPforFUN; Jun 26, 2012 at 05:29 AM. Reason: Edited link
Old Jun 26, 2012, 07:22 AM
Joined Feb 2012
352 Posts
We love your work here, Harald. Sorry, sometimes we forget to credit the work of the photographer. I see it's your groundwork most of them. Without a selection of great photos, no scenery could be made. For all you out there, Harald Bendschneider is the photographer behind most of the German gems. I've been playing around with the rusty boatwreck, sent it through the crashtest to reveal the qualities in it, it's Seaky's wildest project, turning the site into a functional 3D scenery. You can even reach into the loop of the thick rope! There's a good screenshot below of a small red helicopter inside the loop, with the blades outside of it! (It took some crashes to get it right).

If you land too close to the starboard side, you will disappear into the hull through a long opening...

Norderney Shipwreck: (link removed)
Last edited by Fatgadget; Aug 08, 2012 at 02:30 PM.
Old Jun 26, 2012, 10:54 AM
Joined Feb 2012
352 Posts
South Africa looks even drier in HQ. This one's served hot & dry!
You want a cold Coke or Pepsi after half an hour here.

Südafrikanische Wüste HQ: (link above, post #122)
Last edited by Fatgadget; Jun 26, 2012 at 01:00 PM.
Old Jun 26, 2012, 12:24 PM
Hamburg
Joined Mar 2004
102 Posts
Very beautiful screenshots!! I must admit that I haven't yet created all possible crashobjects..
If someone likes constructing - just e-mail me - and I'll send you the project file!
EPPforFUN is offline Find More Posts by EPPforFUN
Old Jun 26, 2012, 07:15 PM
Joined Feb 2012
352 Posts
Searched through my library of flying sites and found this promising one, Ishikari Sea Front, partly unfinished. It's one of Scraggy's many projects. It would be a really cool one with updated water textures and some shadows in. Scraggy, here's one for you!

Ishikari Sea Front: (unfinished)
Last edited by Fatgadget; Jul 04, 2012 at 09:21 PM.
Old Jun 27, 2012, 04:40 AM
Joined Jul 2011
215 Posts
Fg: awesome!! That one deserves to be completed! Looks really nice

south africa HQ is cool, liked the old one but this one adds more real feeling, almost like you wanna run to the water tap after flying there for some time
Danny_Swe is offline Find More Posts by Danny_Swe
Old Jun 27, 2012, 05:36 AM
Joined Feb 2012
352 Posts
I agree with you Danny. Ishikari Sea Front, Japan, is totally different from all the other water sceneries. Just add the new Phoenix water textures and some shadows on the jetty and it would be wonderful. The concrete jetty is useful for take offs with landbased aircraft. It would be great if you took time to finish that one Scraggy. (It's hot on our fish list).

South Africa is impressive in HQ, it's real good when you start looking for poisonous snakes..

Ishikari Sea Front: (unfinished)
Last edited by Fatgadget; Jun 28, 2012 at 04:50 PM.
Old Jun 27, 2012, 08:15 AM
Joined Jul 2011
215 Posts
Kungälv MFK

Yesterday i photo'ed my local field outside Gothenburg. Kungälv MFK. Took three exposures and made HDR. First one of that kind.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/41264390/pho...te_kungalv.zip

Could someone please try it before I continue working on it?

Just to make sure it works ok, if there are something it improve before I make all objects and stuff. Don't wanna do things in the wrong order this time
(my camera is not the best so no HQ here, just doesn't have enough pixels)
Old Jun 27, 2012, 10:23 AM
Joined Feb 2012
352 Posts
Bever, Switzerland, is another summer favorite. The landing ground is a small piece of cut grass next to a narrow road, below a very steep mountainside. High drama this one. It makes you dizzy...

Bever: (download link: bottom of this page, #135, Puzom's split it into four small packages)
Last edited by Fatgadget; Jun 28, 2012 at 09:10 PM.
Old Jun 27, 2012, 11:26 AM
Joined Oct 2007
710 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatgadget View Post
Bever, Belgium, is another favorite. The landing ground is a small piece of cut grass next to a narrow road below a very steep mountainside. Quite dramatic this one! It's makes you dizzy looking up from it.

Bever: (my old link is dead, we're looking for a new)
Nice to hear you like it.
Created & posted it about 3 years ago http://www.helifreak.com/showpost.ph...6&postcount=42

Done it real quick, meaning no collision objects added or anything.
Belgium however is not correct, it's Switzerland

The zip link I posted is dead now, so if you could upload it, it would be cool? If not I'll see what I can do.

Cheers!
Puzom is offline Find More Posts by Puzom
Last edited by Puzom; Jun 27, 2012 at 11:35 AM.
Old Jun 27, 2012, 02:22 PM
Joined Feb 2012
352 Posts
Puzom: Bever file is too big to upload, the limit is 10Mb, this one's 12.2Mb compressed. It's WinRar, not WinZip.

PS - repacked it to WinZip, now it's 12.74 Mb!
Last edited by Fatgadget; Jun 27, 2012 at 03:04 PM.
Old Jun 27, 2012, 07:39 PM
Joined Feb 2012
352 Posts
Danny, tested your brand new Swedish field, it looks promising, but you will run into some problems. The challenge here is the transition between lawn and high grass. The high grass is a bit too high, don't forget you'll always stay on top of the textures, it's going to look strange. Long grass will also slow down the plane, you must add some drag to the planes to make it look realistic. Csaba struggled with the same problem, try out his Budaörs-scenery, he did not solve it, when you reach higher grass there, you hit it like a brick wall and tumble over. I would have left it as it is if I were him, no change between low and higher grass. But the field looked fun and interesting, it's the only X-shaped one around, plus the bonus of three curious clubmembers watching you perform. Some people like Sweden, others love it. I belong to the latter. BUT you must replace the sun with something better, don't use special filters and shockeffects, it's fun the first time around, then it becomes annoying. It's like Jesus has returned to Gøteborg or something... He has not! Get rid of it, paste over something less spectacular. Make the best of it, nice place you live in! (It works better with helicopters than airplanes).

Kungälv MFK: (just testing)
Last edited by Fatgadget; Jun 27, 2012 at 10:51 PM.
Old Jun 27, 2012, 08:18 PM
Joined Jul 2011
215 Posts
many thanks fg! yes I don't know how to solve the high grass thing, will have a look in Haralds tutorial for info. More drag there was a good one also! Will have that as last resort if I don't make another solution (only god knows how I should btw). The sun, yes it was shining really well that day, but I have not used some effects on the sun. It's all 100% pure natural Samyang fisheye-lensflare I actually thought it looked cool! But I must admit I also hate flashy filters/effects and stuff, so I hope not everybody thinks I have used that there let's see what I do about the sun. Maybe it feels safer flying if Jesus is looking over your shoulder

/edit: check out one of the single photos
Last edited by Danny_Swe; Jun 28, 2012 at 03:14 AM.
Old Jun 28, 2012, 06:07 AM
Joined Oct 2007
710 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatgadget View Post
Puzom: Bever file is too big to upload, the limit is 10Mb, this one's 12.2Mb compressed. It's WinRar, not WinZip.

PS - repacked it to WinZip, now it's 12.74 Mb!
Edit: Files deleted, new updated Bever will follow soon.
Puzom is offline Find More Posts by Puzom
Last edited by Puzom; Jul 16, 2012 at 07:50 AM.