SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Aug 10, 2012, 07:06 PM
Hamburg
Joined Mar 2004
102 Posts
It's summertime - but we have very rare warm sunny days. On these days I'm riding my bike or I'm spending my time flying at my club airfield. Believe me, it's a lot more funny than sitting hours and hours in my narrow computer-room struggling with these unsatisfactory tools of Creator trying to construct virtual realities.

I would like to start a non-copyrighted creative commons non-commercial team-work-scenery. I would give the scenery-photography and all the interested many thousands (!??!) of Creator-fans would contribute their parts of work on it. The actual version and all documentation would be published for free download on my server.

(Just a daydream...)
EPPforFUN is offline Find More Posts by EPPforFUN
Last edited by EPPforFUN; Aug 11, 2012 at 03:29 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 18, 2012, 07:25 PM
Joined Jul 2011
222 Posts
Lunar

Download
Danny_Swe is offline Find More Posts by Danny_Swe
Old Aug 19, 2012, 11:26 AM
Joined Feb 2012
354 Posts
Danny has made a cool little experiment, creating a Flash Gordon-like moonscape with strange inhabitable structures and a nasty planet threatening to devour your little flying machine. It's difficult to judge distances on other planets, (remember the Hasselblad photos from the moon? All the small crosses were there to help scientists measure distances). You can fly behind the buildings and some of the landscape structures, but I'd love to fly around the big communication dish in the foreground. You'll fix that in the next version. Personally I'd prefer the red boredom of Mars than the populated blue moon.

Danny's Moonbase: (Link above)
Fatgadget is offline Find More Posts by Fatgadget
Old Aug 19, 2012, 04:11 PM
Joined Feb 2012
354 Posts
Csaba has made a postcard scenery from Budapest. If you like cramped space outdoors, then this is the one for you. There must be a hundred different things to hit here, on a hill, by an old castle, overlooking Budapest. It's very challenging/annoying/irritating/impressive! Cars in the parking lot, tourists, tall massive streetlamps, detailed trees, stairs, stairwell, fences, castle walls, kiosk. Most of it is done 3D. I never liked postcard views before, but this one is good thanks to all the details in it. It's like Seaky's woken up again from his grave.

Citadella: http://members.iif.hu/laszlo.csaba/Citadella.zip
Old Aug 20, 2012, 02:21 PM
Joined Feb 2012
354 Posts
Csaba has upgraded the old Bootssteg Docks with new moving water textures and it looks so much better after the makeover. The tall trees create some fantastic patterns on the water. Very nice remake this one. Yes, it's tricky to land and take off here, thanks to Seaky's odd idea of modelling all those shoes in detail. Is it possible to remove them?

- Sea King repaints by peeve1973, check his attachment folder for some really good ones. The Sea King model has been fixed in the latest version of Phoenix, now you don't sink with your tail first when you land on water. It's about time they worked it out.

Bootssteg Docks 2012: http://members.iif.hu/laszlo.csaba/Bootssteg.zip
Last edited by Fatgadget; Aug 27, 2012 at 09:19 PM.
Old Aug 20, 2012, 06:30 PM
Hamburg
Joined Mar 2004
102 Posts
Excellent work, Csaba! The only thing I don't like is the sky - too many ugly compression artifacts. Perhaps I can send you cubefaces of 4096x4096.
Last edited by EPPforFUN; Aug 21, 2012 at 04:19 AM.
Old Aug 21, 2012, 07:15 AM
Joined Jun 2007
100 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EPPforFUN View Post
Excellent work, Csaba! The only thing I don't like is the sky - too many ugly compression artifacts. Perhaps I can send you cubefaces of 4096x4096.
Thanks I am, and guess we are waiting for the 4096 JPG cubefaces.
The URI now is: http://members.iif.hu/laszlo.csaba/Bootssteg.zip
I have got a definition text and the Google earth image from Harald, the whole scenery should be checked, it looks completely different from the sky. I will work on this.
"Edges between water and wood" has been corrected.
Now there are tricky start positions. I guess if take off is possible you might land there.

The previous version (BootsstegN.zip) had a PXQ file. If You wish to see, check or modify the design, welcome. Please ask for the last version, modify and send back. The versions must follow each other.
lcsaba is offline Find More Posts by lcsaba
Old Aug 21, 2012, 11:25 AM
Joined Jun 2007
100 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EPPforFUN View Post
Perhaps I can send you cubefaces of 4096x4096.
We have got the 4096*4096 cubefaces.
The "high" folder holds those JPG images but the file extension has been changed to .dds.
It is enough for Phoenix sim, the video HW/SW is processing the JPG file header.
For weak videos it might be too much.

Please check again, there are some modifications, and if any new bugs can be inserted.
For me this is a drawback of Creator.
For AFPD I am using commercial 3D editor Metaseq (free) and all objects if ready can be locked. It is hardly impossible to damage which is ready.
At creator it is easy.

Would you like to have higher resolution cubemap, (better view behind objects)?
lcsaba is offline Find More Posts by lcsaba
Old Aug 23, 2012, 05:45 PM
Joined Jul 2011
222 Posts
Fantasy

I tried today with replacing the DDS cube files with my cube files converted to high quality JPG. Seemed to work. Maybe someone can verify if it works ok.

Fantasy

Download
Old Aug 23, 2012, 10:44 PM
Joined Nov 2007
152 Posts
I could not get it to work. Looks cool
mnovotny is offline Find More Posts by mnovotny
Old Aug 24, 2012, 04:50 AM
Joined Jul 2011
222 Posts
what!? It doesn't load or what happened? I'll be happy to fix it but strange since it works here, what Phoenix version do you run?
Old Aug 24, 2012, 05:29 AM
Joined Oct 2007
710 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny_Swe View Post
I tried today with replacing the DDS cube files with my cube files converted to high quality JPG. Seemed to work. Maybe someone can verify if it works ok.
Yes JPG works, so does BMP and PNG. As long as the extension is DDS the sim will read it OK.

I prefer to use JPG or BMP as it never gives you those ugly compression issues, specially in gradient blue skies.
Puzom is offline Find More Posts by Puzom
Old Aug 24, 2012, 05:53 AM
Joined Jul 2011
222 Posts
alright, thanks Puzom. Then my site should work for all.
Old Aug 30, 2012, 07:39 AM
Helis and Planes
Canada, ON, Owen Sound
Joined Mar 2012
248 Posts
Where did everyone go? Been really quiet!
peeve1973 is offline Find More Posts by peeve1973
Old Aug 30, 2012, 08:59 AM
Hamburg
Joined Mar 2004
102 Posts
Hi, I'm out at the airfield of Aero-Club Bad Oldesloe, where I'm trying out my first areobatics flyer "Velox Revolution". And I'm still awaiting the feedback on my site...