HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 17, 2012, 05:12 PM
Joined Feb 2012
352 Posts
And what's wrong with Telki_summer? It turns up as a white screen when you load it up. The dds-files are placed in the Medium folder, the rest outside. Still it's blank! Maybe it's an issue with the many strange Hungarian script characters?
Fatgadget is offline Find More Posts by Fatgadget
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 17, 2012, 05:38 PM
Joined Feb 2012
352 Posts
peeve1973: There's very little snow in Phoenix. But I'd love too see a SuperCub with skis on. I see you're from Canada. There must be lots of them up there. Along with floats and huge rubber tires. The Cub is a funny bird!
Old Jul 17, 2012, 06:36 PM
Helis and Planes
Canada, ON, Owen Sound
Joined Mar 2012
246 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatgadget View Post
peeve1973: There's very little snow in Phoenix. But I'd love too see a SuperCub with skis on. I see you're from Canada. There must be lots of them up there. Along with floats and huge rubber tires. The Cub is a funny bird!
Actually where I live there's not that many. The odd cub will land in our harbour but that is rare. If you go farther north into more remote areas you see a lot more. Not to sound rude but it is funny how Canada is always imaged as a cold, snowy place with not a lot to offer. But it is far from that. Don't let all the stereotypical notions of Canada fool you. Yes it has vast wilderness and amazing scenery but we are also civilized! LOL

Where are you from?
peeve1973 is offline Find More Posts by peeve1973
Old Jul 17, 2012, 06:53 PM
Joined Feb 2012
352 Posts
But I don't expect I'm dealing with a hungry brown bear either, you sound perfectly human to me. I live in Norway, so the landscape and climate share certain similarities. Norway is the pocket version of Canada.
Old Jul 17, 2012, 06:55 PM
Helis and Planes
Canada, ON, Owen Sound
Joined Mar 2012
246 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatgadget View Post
but i don't expect i'm dealing with a hungry brown bear either, you sound perfectly human to me. I live in norway, so the landscape and climate share certain similarities. Norway is the pocket version of canada.
lol True but where I am we are in a massive heat wave! mid 30s to 40s with humidity
peeve1973 is offline Find More Posts by peeve1973
Last edited by peeve1973; Jul 17, 2012 at 07:18 PM.
Old Jul 18, 2012, 02:11 AM
Joined Feb 2012
352 Posts
Does it ever rain in Hungary? Many of Csaba's fields are brown and dry. Maybe he was unlucky and photographed them during a heatwave. In England and Germany they're moist and green most of them. This field he had to add some fixes to, the transition between low and high grass being harsh to tiny RC models. Now it works better. The challenge here is to try to land on the small road by Csaba's car, behind the trees and the bushes. Not easy!

Buda÷rs/Budapest: http://members.iif.hu/laszlo.csaba/Buda÷rs.zip
Old Jul 18, 2012, 03:38 AM
Joined Feb 2012
352 Posts
Water is superiorly rendered in Phoenix. Only a few designers have managed to combine land and water and make it work as a whole. Land is as stunning as water here, and vice versa, what a beautiful combination. This is Csaba's only attempt at creating a lake waterscape.

Tata Old Lake: http://members.iif.hu/laszlo.csaba/Tata.zip
Last edited by Fatgadget; Jul 18, 2012 at 08:22 PM.
Old Jul 18, 2012, 06:02 AM
Joined Jun 2007
100 Posts
Quote:
Water is superiorly rendered in Phoenix. Only a few designers have managed to combine land and water and make it work as a whole. Land is as stunning as water here, and vice versa, what a beautiful combination. This is Csaba's only attempt at creating a waterscape.

Tata Old Lake: http://members.iif.hu/laszlo.csaba/Tata.zip
I have to add something.
1: The text is this "My only lake side "flying site" Tata, because Toruga is at the see.
2. It is true that some of my photos are "brown", the reson is that those were shot at late autumn. As I am flying at Buda÷rs, I was planning to go out and make a nicer pano. I know exactly the spot where my tripod was located, if I am out I am flying instead of making photos. I will make a summer Buda÷rs.
3. I will check what happend with Telki summer (my former home).
4. Telki was my first pano, to be used to construct a FMS landscape. I had a compact camera about 40 photo, no wonder, this is as I could make then.
Somebody seeing this asked if I could make a Phoenix heli practice course, this was the outcome.
lcsaba is offline Find More Posts by lcsaba
Old Jul 18, 2012, 08:07 AM
Joined Oct 2007
710 Posts
Hi,

Lßszlˇ Csaba and me (Mike Engel) have been working on a new version of Bever Engadin Switzerland

- Nice field with high Mountains. Slope soaring can be done here too.
- Distances etc. have been measured with Google Earth Pro.
- Multiple starting/landing points (press CTRL+P)
- Includes file "Bever_sound.wav" which is silent. You can replace it with your own ambient sound if you like, keep file name.
(Note: PhoenixRC v4.0k has the ambient sound disabled. Will get enabled in the next update)

Updated version of Bever and more info here.

Cheers!
Puzom is offline Find More Posts by Puzom
Old Jul 18, 2012, 11:07 AM
Joined Jun 2007
100 Posts
Quote:
And what's wrong with Telki_summer? It turns up as a white screen when you load it up. The dds-files are placed in the Medium folder, the rest outside. Still it's blank! Maybe it's an issue with the many strange Hungarian script characters?
You are right on one hand, the Hugarian "mező" which is grass field has got an accented "o". On the other hand the sound is Yours like in "h÷he".

Now the modified file can be downloaded.
AND this is a real summer scenery, after two days of rain.
Old Jul 18, 2012, 02:21 PM
Joined Feb 2012
352 Posts
Csaba: Where's the modified Telki summer? It's still the old one with the strange accents in the Hungarian download section. You must open the file and change each line with something the English Windows 7 can read. (example: Telki_mez´icon.dds > Telki_summer.dds).

I guess it works on your machine with the Hungarian edition of Windows 7. When you export it to our machines with the English version, the texture files refuse to load.

(By the way, we have the same vowel sound in Scandinavia, Norway & Denmark = ě, Sweden = Í).
Last edited by Fatgadget; Jul 22, 2012 at 08:54 PM.
Old Jul 18, 2012, 03:43 PM
Joined Jun 2007
100 Posts
Quote:
Csaba: Where's the modified Telki summer? It's still the old one with the strange accents in the Hungarian download section. You must open the file and change each line with something the English Windows 7 can read. (example: Telki_mez´icon.dds > Telki_summer.dds).

I guess it works on your machine with the Hungarian edition of Windows 7. When you export it to our machines with the English version, the texture files refuse to load!

(- By the way, we have the same vowel sound in Scandinavia, Norway & Denmark = ě, Sweden = Í).
It should work. http://members.iif.hu/laszlo.csaba/Telki_summer.zip
The problem was that the server is case sensitive, and name.zip and name.ZIP are two objects.
(The Hungarian download section has to work correctly.)

By the way: to change filenames at Phoenix, if you have the Creator name.pxq
file is easy. The Creator project should be saved stating the new name, exporting you wiil have a new "flying site" folder and the required filenames.
Last edited by lcsaba; Jul 18, 2012 at 04:26 PM.
Old Jul 18, 2012, 06:35 PM
Joined Feb 2012
352 Posts
Great! Now it works. We must remember to use standard English characters when we upload files, or we're likely to get stuck in translation. Nice place you grew up in, this one was green as well. It looks totally different from the snowy version. It's another place in the warm summer. Telki is a small village with a population of just 3000, ten kilometres from Budapest.

Telki Summer: http://members.iif.hu/laszlo.csaba/Telki_summer.zip
Last edited by Fatgadget; Jul 22, 2012 at 09:02 PM.
Old Jul 18, 2012, 08:18 PM
Joined Feb 2012
352 Posts
Puzom & Csaba have added some collision objects to Pz's Swiss Bever field (#279). It's the closest trees and bushes which have received an upgrade plus the rough area around the small landing field has been elevated slightly. When you hit the big tree leaves will fly. Well done!

Bever Field (Tail SmokeTest):
Old Jul 19, 2012, 02:04 AM
Joined Jun 2007
100 Posts
Quote:
Puzom & Csaba have added some collision objects to Pz's Swiss Bever field (#279). It's the closest trees and bushes which have received an upgrade plus the rough area around the small landing field has been elevated slightly. When you hit the big tree leaves will fly. Well done!

Bever Field (Tail SmokeTest):
Thanks for this test.

1. It is proving something important, and interesting, which was not considered in advance.

2. As I am using now, Creator 2.5.b
(Puzom drew my attention to this, and even now I don't know when it was introduced,) which makes possible to utilize the double skyline concept, because two attributes can be set "draw" and "collide" .
3. There are two possibilities, to have a skyline one in front which "draw" and not "colliding", and other at back which not "draw" and "colliding", or vica versa.
4. Interesting effects can be produced using this method.
5. If the colliding skyline is at back, as at Bever, the model can hit the object, tree first of all, and get into it.
((By the way the "brick wall" effect is much more disturbing for me at trees as at cut grass edges.))
In this case the front skyline is set to "draw" instruction of which for the simulator
is to draw the panorama image instead of the model, if the model is behind the skyline object.
For this object alpha information is computed. Result, that the silhouette of the object (row of trees) can be perfect if alpha is properly set.
6. The new info is that for smoke the same effect can be achieved, as for models.
7. See the CAP232 hitting the tree, the screen shot was made by my eight years old grandson.
If the model hits the object, where alpha is set, because of a hole in the object, those parts of the model should be seen, which are "in the tree".
This still should be proved.