HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 28, 2012, 07:31 AM
Joined Feb 2012
352 Posts
Danny, it looked like a perfect summer day. It's your fisheye lens twisting and tearing the sun apart. I thought you had used some kind of special effects filter. But you must try and replace it! It looks otherworldly. (...three wise men traveled from afar on camels to visit the infant Jesus as he lay in a manger).

Otherwise your private field is real pleasant and a thrill to fly on/from.
Fatgadget is offline Find More Posts by Fatgadget
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 28, 2012, 07:46 AM
Registered Addict
United Kingdom, Stoke-on-Trent
Joined Jul 2010
5,247 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatgadget View Post
Danny, it looked like a perfect summer day. It's your fisheye lens twisting and tearing the sun apart. I thought you had used some kind of special effects filter. But you must try and replace it! It looks otherworldly. (...three wise men traveled from afar on camels to visit the infant Jesus as he lay in a manger).

Otherwise your private field is real pleasant and a thrill to fly on/from.
That will be the lens flare
Kris... is offline Find More Posts by Kris...
Old Jun 28, 2012, 11:05 AM
Joined Feb 2012
352 Posts
Here's another Csaba-rama. It looks like a farm field high up somewhere on the plains north in Hungary. The place is called Vértesszőlős in his tongue. It's the home of "Samu", the local hero, one of our forefathers, a Homo erectus seu sapiens paleohungaricushe, who lived and camped and dined up here 350.000 years ago, according to Csaba. Csaba loves strange stories.

Vértesszőlős: http://members.iif.hu/laszlo.csaba/Samu.zip
Last edited by Fatgadget; Jun 29, 2012 at 06:37 AM.
Old Jun 28, 2012, 09:05 PM
Joined Feb 2012
352 Posts
Puzom's Bever flying site is a pleasant/unpleasant scenery, depending on if you're scared of heights. Try it out, download the four parts and install them as he describes it in post #135.The mountainscape is stunning. Collision objects are not that important unless they are very close to you, it's quite absurd when they design some far away, as long as you don't sense the depth of the field on a flat tv or pc screen.

Bever: (second release, check post #135)
Last edited by Fatgadget; Jul 11, 2012 at 06:23 AM.
Old Jun 29, 2012, 10:02 AM
Joined Feb 2012
352 Posts
Csaba-rama; Mátyásföld, a square and neatly cut field for well behaved pilots. It must be Csaba's own car in the background. It turns up in many of his sceneries. He uses it as a collision object in his works!

Mátyásföld: http://members.iif.hu/laszlo.csaba/Matyasfold_HQ.ZIP
Last edited by Fatgadget; Jun 30, 2012 at 06:57 AM.
Old Jun 29, 2012, 12:08 PM
Joined Feb 2012
352 Posts
A rough field, close to the M3 motorway, Budapest. JHY-424 must be Csaba's. There's a policeman in everyone of us.This flying site is almost Nordic in style, we like our fields untidy up here.

M3 Scania: http://members.iif.hu/laszlo.csaba/M3_Scania.zip
Last edited by Fatgadget; Jul 16, 2012 at 08:43 AM.
Old Jul 01, 2012, 10:06 AM
Joined Feb 2012
352 Posts
Danny, I've tested your private Swedish flying field further. It has real potential, keep working on it. It will be a great one. You did some smart things here, photographing the place almost at high noon is one, the shadow from the aircraft is dead centre below it, with helicopters it obscures the landing gear/skids, you can't see if it's on the top of the high grass textures. Neat! Some suggestions: Make the large tree (screenshot #4) a collision object, it's important you can fly around it. Plus the club house, collision object #2, but NOT the garden shed. (If you fly behind the club house, you'll end up between the house and the shed. It will look impressive). If possible, add some drag to the high grass areas, so the airplanes will slow down faster when you cross over from the lawn. Ask Puzom for ambient light numbers, how the models reflect sunlight, he's a real pro with it, I think he helped Csaba with several of his sceneries. (Default seems to be set a little too dark, Puzom always brightens them up). Good luck, I loved this one.

Kungälv MFK: (more testing)
Last edited by Fatgadget; Jul 05, 2012 at 04:48 AM.
Old Jul 01, 2012, 04:07 PM
Joined Jul 2011
205 Posts
thanks Fg! I really appreciate your input.

Will see if I have the energy to fix it soon. I really don't like the creator but I guess I will have to eat the grass this time the things you wrote should be quite easy to fix I think.
Danny_Swe is online now Find More Posts by Danny_Swe
Old Jul 01, 2012, 08:58 PM
Joined Feb 2012
352 Posts
Along with Le Louvre, this is one of the eccentric ones, USS Hornet. You're on the flightdeck by one of the aircraft elevators. Not the most romantic place on earth, but the designer has done an impressive job creating collision objects, control tower, antennas, railing etc. This one did not work properly until I zoomed out, and then you could control the environment better. (design: Ezekiel/Freshmen IGN)

(There are some bugs in this version, it's difficult to install the whole file. If someone knows of a better version, please pass over a link).

USS Hornet (Day): http://www.mediafire.com/?69x6l4y0k2z0u97
Last edited by Fatgadget; Jul 02, 2012 at 10:51 AM.
Old Jul 02, 2012, 10:39 AM
Joined Feb 2012
352 Posts
A small German football field, designed by D.Jacobi, and quite different from the other sporting sites. There's enough space for bigger models here and several tall detailed trees to avoid when you try to land. The clouds and the sky in this one are just amazing.

Sportplatz - football field: http://phoenix-sim-szenerien.de/Szenerien-Downloads.htm
Last edited by Fatgadget; Jul 04, 2012 at 09:11 PM.
Old Jul 02, 2012, 04:29 PM
Joined Feb 2012
352 Posts
The ideal site for unpowered flight, HHH Vörös-kővár. You're on the top of a hill with a long deep valley below you. It's the first time the unpowered gliders have worked for me in the game, it's fun to play around with wind strength, directions, turbulence and gusts here. NB: Don't add too much wind, the gliders need hardly any. Another brilliant Csaba-rama. Thermal soaring is fun!

Hármashatár-hegy (HHH) Vörös-kővár:
http://members.iif.hu/laszlo.csaba/Phoenix_HHH_V_HQ.ZIP
Last edited by Fatgadget; Jul 03, 2012 at 03:38 PM.
Old Jul 03, 2012, 06:51 AM
Joined Feb 2012
352 Posts
Sports Halls are neutral grounds to me. Whether it's China, Greenland or Australia, they all look the same. They're as inventive as chessboards. We're playing the same games all over the world. Litermonthalle Nalbach looks brand new. The floors used to be dark green when I grew up and played on them, now they're a much more appealing light blue. I love the mishmash of colored lines. You can enter the upper floor here if you're reasonably sober, the details of the interior are razor sharp. The ceiling could be a little higher, but it's designed for futsal, basket, volley- and handball, and not tiny aeroplanes. Nice one. Works best with micros and small 3D planes.

Litermonthalle Nalbach V2: www.szenerien.de (subfolder Phoenix RC)
Last edited by Fatgadget; Aug 21, 2012 at 06:41 PM.
Old Jul 03, 2012, 06:39 PM
Joined Feb 2012
352 Posts
Bendschneider & Jacobi are responsible for many of the best German sceneries, also this one, Die Ahrensburger Stormarnhalle, with their elaborate attention to all details, small and great. You can fly into door openings, windows, construction beams, people, land on the balcony above, even make your way behind the basket goalboard on the wall! (check screenshot #5). It's fun to fly with the rather strange flying object, the Quad-copter, inside here, follow the colored lines and circles, to practice steering the odd device. The Quad's disarmingly ugly/charming like the classic VW Beetle, people are making funny and outrageous and colorful designs for it. Check the New Schemes folder for some good ones (page 134).

Stormarnhalle_in_Ahrensburg_v3 HQ: www.szenerien.de (subfolder Phoenix RC)
Last edited by Fatgadget; Jul 05, 2012 at 10:44 AM.
Old Jul 04, 2012, 06:28 AM
Joined Feb 2012
352 Posts
Third variation of a German Sports Hall. There's more space above your head, you can land on or fly over the beams and girders.
Bendschneider & Jacobi are one of a kind when it comes to designing small 3D spaces. You can land almost anywhere with a small helicopter in here.

(Tip: when flying indoors in tight spaces, change the View > Camera options to Autozoom & Keep ground in view, and it's easier and much more entertaining to fly, it's the perfect setting with the Quad-copter).

Sporthalle von Nahe: www.szenerien.de (subfolder Phoenix RC)
Last edited by Fatgadget; Jul 05, 2012 at 05:58 PM.
Old Jul 05, 2012, 07:09 AM
Joined Feb 2012
352 Posts
More great German flying sites, here's MFC Ettringen, designed by D. Jacobi, a luxurious RC club somewhere in quiet, rural Germany. Lovely piece of land, nice surroundings, neat lawn, perfect weather. This one's almost too perfect... If your cat takes a stroll in the sunshine here, it will be instantly airbrushed into another less perfect world. There's an enormous amount of work in creating good and believable 3D structures, like the club house of MFC Ettringen. Watch the You Tube video below!

MFC Ettringen: http://phoenix-sim-szenerien.de/Szenerien-Downloads.htm