Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Aug 22, 2003, 07:58 PM
Chandler Williams, Arizona, United States
Joined Nov 2002
1,239 Posts
Dave, The plane is looking GREAT!!!..

Hey guyís, Iíve been thinking about the frequency board problem at the bowl. The way its set up now with the dry marker is a good idea but thereís a little inconsistency in that not everyone remembers to erase there names all the time (including myself) or even enters there name (again including myself). It would seem a fixed board with pins is the best way to go. The only problem I can see with that is, there has to be a person or persons responsible for taking it back and forth, which would leave a good chance for it not to be available all the time. If we were able to leave it there all the time, thereís a good chance someone else using the park may walk away with it or damage it. My idea is this. We can make a business type card with a picture of either the pilot or the plane along with there frequency listed on it.. If the person has more than on channel, we can have several cards made up. We can then put the cards in a magnetic holder and just stick it to the back of the sign thatís already there now (as long as itís not aluminum). We can also have a dry marker there, for people who visit, to kind of sign in. This Id badge or card can also represent some sort of a membership privilege to fly at the Bowl. With the web space E-zone provides for us, we can have a chandler bowl website were people can upload there picture and plane channel along with there address and like 2 bucks to get there card made and mailed to them. We can also set up a little table and print them out with a laptop at the Bowl.

What do ya think? Any other ideas?

Kenny...
Rip-N-Burn is offline Find More Posts by Rip-N-Burn
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 22, 2003, 08:13 PM
M0unt@in M0del$ minion
USA, AZ, Mesa
Joined Jul 2002
7,215 Posts
Kenny,

Outstanding idea! Outstanding idea! Did I mention I think this is an outstanding idea? I was going to make a board but the same concern came to mind that it may not always be available. Problem is solved. You're idea just plain makes sense. I love it. We could probably get the "badges" printed on magnets at Kinko's.

Joe
turbojoe is offline Find More Posts by turbojoe
Old Aug 22, 2003, 08:19 PM
Burnin' holes in the sky!
Gilbert, AZ
Joined May 2003
2,848 Posts
Looking awesome, Dave!!!

Kenny- great idea! We will have to bring some magnets out there to see what the sign is made out of next Sunday. I am gung-ho for this idea, since we definately have too many people to just rely on the system we use now. I reserved us a free redirection, www.ChandlerBowl.cjb.net . I can make that take you to whatever you wizards make up. Sorry, I don't have any good programs to make web pages. I think that we should also have a list with everybody's name, channel and RCGroups name (If they have one) printed up and posted as well, as kind of a redundancy system. We could also print up a few blank magnetic card things, so that stragglers could write their name/channel/planes on it with a dry erase marker. Hopefully everyone can pitch in to this idea as well, so it only costs each person a couple bucks.

Dan
SkyPyro is offline Find More Posts by SkyPyro
Old Aug 22, 2003, 08:30 PM
M0unt@in M0del$ minion
USA, AZ, Mesa
Joined Jul 2002
7,215 Posts
Okay, here is the deal. I'm ready to kick this off. If we can get more than just the four or five of us together on this club thing I'll kick in $50.00 to get the ball rolling. If we get a good frequency signup then this $50 bucks will help keep the cost down. I'm NOT going to just give it away though. It's going to require the rest of the people that this will help out to also get involved. Not necessarily with cash but involvement in some way. To make it work FOR all it will take work BY all.

Joe
Old Aug 22, 2003, 08:33 PM
M0unt@in M0del$ minion
USA, AZ, Mesa
Joined Jul 2002
7,215 Posts
Dan, your idea of the signup page is genious as well. The wheels are rolling. We just need 'em to pick up some speed.

Joe
Old Aug 22, 2003, 08:40 PM
Gilbert, AZ
Joined May 2003
2,848 Posts
Definately. Good idea Joe, I'm sure everyone really appreciates the offer. One way we could split this up is to divide the huge amount of printing that it would take. We don't have a laptop, but whoever around there does could make files for everyone, then email a certain number of them to all the people who end up volunteering to overtake the task. For on-site card making, my sister has a printer for a computer she never uses, that I may be able to get from her. I think it has a full tank, too Now, where to get a bunch of magnetic business cards? Walmart, maybe? Before we go out and buy everything, we should make sure everyone else out there agrees with this idea, and will pitch in the couple of bucks.

Dan
Old Aug 22, 2003, 08:47 PM
The Magician.
Lucas, Kansas
Joined Nov 2002
1,849 Posts
I will offer up some Web space and emails for club use. It would be attached to the EdgeRC.com web site. I will create the basic web pages if the rest of you would be willing to help with content for the pages. All I would need is pictures and text and logos or whatever you want included. I can then add it to the site.

If this will help, great, if not, let me know what I can do to help.

Justin
birdofprey is offline Find More Posts by birdofprey
Old Aug 22, 2003, 08:48 PM
Silent Flight
Tucson, AZ USA
Joined Oct 2002
3,946 Posts
Has anyone ever contacted the city about flying at the CB? Or is that a can of worms best left closed?

It would be a bummer to put the board and website ideas into action only to have some bitterman with nothing better to do shut us down. Or perhaps I'm being a pesimist....

daveWCO
daveWCO is offline Find More Posts by daveWCO
Old Aug 22, 2003, 08:50 PM
M0unt@in M0del$ minion
USA, AZ, Mesa
Joined Jul 2002
7,215 Posts
Dan,

You're right. Everyone has to agree to it. That is where the club idea comes in. Without an agreement from all it just seems that a few are trying to cram something down everyone elses throat.

Joe
Old Aug 22, 2003, 08:53 PM
Joined Nov 2002
1,239 Posts
AAAAHHHH, Way to go guy's!! Keep the ideas going.. I have a laptop and enough stuff for a mobile office. I'll kick in a 50.00 too..
I think standard business card stock would work fine and I did a search on Google for some holders. Heres a few.

http://www.selectsecurity.net/badgin...ic_holders.htm

the bottom two products look good here.
http://www.laminatorwarehouse.com/badge_holders.html

http://www.ave-one.com/category_deta...?CategoryID=17

If the board is aluminum, we can just use those little round velcro thingies.

Great ideas guys.
Gilbert, AZ
Joined May 2003
2,848 Posts
Ooh, I'll make the logos. I like making stuff like that. Please send good pictures of the bowl or you anything CB related to SK8RDF@qwest.net , or post them here.

Thanks,

Dan
M0unt@in M0del$ minion
USA, AZ, Mesa
Joined Jul 2002
7,215 Posts
Dave,

Pessimism is fine. I'd rather not even think about approaching the city without the backing of all of the flyers. We'd have a much better chance of success in numbers greater than one or two.
We NEED to get the word out. Even if it only means we get shot down. At least we tried.

Joe
Old Aug 22, 2003, 08:55 PM
M0unt@in M0del$ minion
USA, AZ, Mesa
Joined Jul 2002
7,215 Posts
This is GREAT!!!!! Things are coming in faster than I can type.

Joe
Old Aug 22, 2003, 08:56 PM
Joined Nov 2002
1,239 Posts
Quote:
Has anyone ever contacted the city about flying at the CB? Or is that a can of worms best left closed?
Probably better left alone. I think we would be able to keep the same setup, just a little more organized.
Old Aug 22, 2003, 08:59 PM
Joined Nov 2002
1,239 Posts
Quote:
I will offer up some Web space and emails for club use. It would be attached to the EdgeRC.com web site. I will create the basic web pages if the rest of you would be willing to help with content for the pages. All I would need is pictures and text and logos or whatever you want included. I can then add it to the site.
Justin, thats a GREAT idea!! We can also have a page that shows all the members as they are printed on the cards. with channel numbers.