HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 20, 2003, 12:33 AM
M0unt@in M0del$ minion
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Jul 2002
7,250 Posts
Hey Kenny. Can you set up to accept files from outside? I'd rather send you raw video to work your magic on it. I've been busy with everything else and still haven't even transfered any video from the camera to the hard drive, much less edit it.

Joe
turbojoe is offline Find More Posts by turbojoe
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 20, 2003, 12:53 AM
Silent Flight
Tucson, AZ USA
Joined Oct 2002
3,946 Posts
So far, so OK, guys. Covering is a pain, but I can see how some folks really get into it. My favorite aspect of covering thus far is saying, "Wrinkles?! Be Gone!" while waving the magic heat wand around. My wife thinks I'm nuts, and she's right, of course.

I've gone through 3/4 roll of yellow Solite just to get the wing tops done "properly," but I'm getting better (lol!). In honor of my dad (a Michigan Man), I'll roll that royal blue covering in the image down the mid-section of the wing. I always have liked Big-Ten Conference colors.

I think I'll work on the gearbox mount and landing gear for a while. Too much art stuff at once can be detrimental to one's mind!

daveWCO

PS - Justin: Is that an avian creature taped to a board in your avitar? Lol!
daveWCO is offline Find More Posts by daveWCO
Old Aug 20, 2003, 01:01 AM
The Magician.
Lucas, Kansas
Joined Nov 2002
1,849 Posts
Dave,

It is just my way of letting everyone know that I am prepaired for the worst.

I have my duck taped....Do you?

Justin

P.S. The covering looks great, and you only get better each time.
birdofprey is offline Find More Posts by birdofprey
Old Aug 20, 2003, 04:20 PM
M0unt@in M0del$ minion
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Jul 2002
7,250 Posts
Nice job Dave. That blue is really gonna stand out on there. Nice choice of colors.

Joe
turbojoe is offline Find More Posts by turbojoe
Old Aug 20, 2003, 06:33 PM
Silent Flight
Tucson, AZ USA
Joined Oct 2002
3,946 Posts
Thanks guys - fun, fun, fun....

Justin: Yep, all my ducks are taped, stapled, hog tied or glued.

daveWCO
Old Aug 20, 2003, 07:13 PM
Burnin' holes in the sky!
Gilbert, AZ
Joined May 2003
2,848 Posts
The big 1000

Wow, I never thought I would get here

Looking great Dave! I love covering, but especially on my big glow planes, I have to take a break as well. It just gets too tedious, you get careless, and screw up.

Dan
SkyPyro is offline Find More Posts by SkyPyro
Old Aug 20, 2003, 07:32 PM
Silent Flight
Tucson, AZ USA
Joined Oct 2002
3,946 Posts
Dan:

Welcome to the 1K club! You buy us all a round of sodas! Is that not how it works? I'll have one of those new orange Mountain Dews. Twice the sugar all the caffine (or was that "Jolt?").

daveWCO
Old Aug 20, 2003, 09:16 PM
Gilbert, AZ
Joined May 2003
2,848 Posts
Sure thing Dave! Just give me a $2 processing fee

Wow, I had problems with knife edge on the test flight (I launched vertically into a hover, climbed out, then did the usual routine like it was the old Tribby ) so on this flight, I tried to figure out what it could be. I added 80% expo, and it worked! I think I was tipstalling the fuse Now I am up to 100% expo, and it flies great! You would be so surprised at how touchy that sucker is! It enters flatspins from level flight with 1/4 throttle. Can't wait to show you guys!

Dan
Old Aug 21, 2003, 09:02 AM
Gilbert, AZ
Joined May 2003
2,848 Posts
Got a new manuever!!! I have been trying to do it for a while with Tribby #1, but haven't quite nailed it yet. Last night, I met up with some guy on Realflight that was able to walk me through it on there, and I just tried it a few seconds ago, and nailed it 3 out of 4 tries, the missed one was because I got too low and pulled out before it could develop. It is called a knife edge spin. You go into a vertical power off stall with tons of altitude, and give it left aileron, down elevator, left rudder, and just a tad of power right when it flops down. It will start a weird looking spin, then add power and take some aileron away, and it flips around the CG, descending straight down in a knife edge position. This one will really wow you guys. The motor makes a really cool sound while it is flipping as well. I like this one!

Dan
Old Aug 21, 2003, 09:20 AM
Chandler Williams, Arizona, United States
Joined Nov 2002
1,239 Posts
Sounds cool Dan. I cant wait to see it. Your starting to motivate me into practicing more controled flying instead of the freestyle stuff.

Kenny..
Rip-N-Burn is offline Find More Posts by Rip-N-Burn
Old Aug 21, 2003, 09:25 AM
Too lazy to repair!
Round Rock, Tx
Joined Oct 2002
3,396 Posts
Skypyro,

Congrats on the spin. I have actually heard of it but could not remember how to enter it. Of course I have also never had a plane that had a pilot worth a darn to be able to do it anyway.

You also said something about a web editor on the Cpanel site didn't you? Can you point me to that, I couldn't find it. I need something to get me started.

thanks,
Joe
jperch is offline Find More Posts by jperch
Old Aug 21, 2003, 05:18 PM
Gilbert, AZ
Joined May 2003
2,848 Posts
Joe- go to the File Manager, then click on the FOLDER with www to the right of it. Don't click on www. Then, click create new file, make it an HTML file. Name it whatever you want. Then, it will show up on the list, and click on the file to have it's info show up on the right side. Click the WYSWYIG or something close to that editor, and it will pop up on your screen. You should be able to figure it out from there, it is painfully simple. That is why I am looking for a new editor.

Dan
Old Aug 22, 2003, 01:33 AM
Silent Flight
Tucson, AZ USA
Joined Oct 2002
3,946 Posts
DS update

Just a quick DS update here.

Covering planes is a pain in the buns, but I'm learning a ton and I'm just about done. She's got a few wrinkles, a crease and some stains, but she should fly just fine being one of Doug's planes. Yeah, I've been reading too much Dr. Suess recently....

I'll finish the fuse sides and bottom in Solite yellow as soon as my back-up covering rolls arrive. The wing bottoms are yellow and blue and have come out ok thus far.

Whenever I look at this plane, it seems to be screaming out for some Navy decals....

Did you guys use tape or something else for hinges? I can't seem to bring myself to put sticky stuff on the covering.

Back to work.

daveWCO

PS - I just set the ailerons, rudder and elevator near the plane for the photo - it's not a carnage shot!
Old Aug 22, 2003, 05:00 AM
Non Practicing A&P Tech
Tampa, Florida, United States
Joined Aug 2003
2,330 Posts
Nice plane DaveWCO, I can wait to get mine on Monday.

Hey I just wanted to clarify something on the Domain name issue. Domain names do not have a monthly cost. They have a yearly cost and the lowest is 8.95 for the year at Godaddy.com

Hosting is what has a monthly cost component and is what is being offered free at the zone.

Just a heads up.
dulcelife is offline Find More Posts by dulcelife
Old Aug 22, 2003, 08:09 AM
Too lazy to repair!
Round Rock, Tx
Joined Oct 2002
3,396 Posts
Dan,

Thanks for the info. I will give that a try and see what I can come up with.

Joe
jperch is offline Find More Posts by jperch