HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 24, 2003, 11:41 PM
Burnin' holes in the sky!
Gilbert, AZ
Joined May 2003
2,848 Posts
Thanks! I wanted to put some background music on, and that was pretty much the best thing I could think of. I don't think our Mac friends will be able to appreciate it though, since it is in MP3 format

Dave- man, that is the worst. Hopefully you can get it all fixed, or send it in and get it fixed. Hopefully the shaft will be easy to replace if you can't straighten it out, since it should just have magnets on it. Who knows, that stuff is too complicated for me

I think we all need some luck

Dan
SkyPyro is offline Find More Posts by SkyPyro
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 25, 2003, 12:13 AM
M0unt@in M0del$ minion
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Jul 2002
7,319 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Drivie
Thanks for the compliments guys. I really worked hard on this plane and I can tell you I won't be doing it again anytime soon. Joe, don't try to fool me. My covering schemes don't hold a candle to yours....cover your own darned Cessna

Drivie
You've got to be kidding. The Meridian is gorgeous! Get ready for 50 questions on how you did it. I'll need to do a lot of layering on the Cessna so I'm going to drive you nuts with questions.

Joe
turbojoe is offline Find More Posts by turbojoe
Old Aug 25, 2003, 12:23 AM
Silent Flight
Tucson, AZ USA
Joined Oct 2002
3,948 Posts
Kenny:

I don't even want to know what's inside of the Magic Can! If I did manage to get it open, repair costs would double ("Hmm...I can fix that prob with these here plyers and a screwdriver....")!

I just hid the motor from myself so I'm unable to look at it anymore until tomorrow. I'll post a follow-up on how it was repaired (toes crossed).

Cool scratch wing, BTW! Looking forward to the flight report!

daveWCO
daveWCO is offline Find More Posts by daveWCO
Old Aug 25, 2003, 01:16 AM
Gilbert, AZ
Joined May 2003
2,848 Posts
No biggie, just grab your Dremel and a spot of duct tape and open her up Maybe you should drill some lightening holes while you are in there I got my fingers crossed for ya too. You should start a new thread on that, you are probably not the first and won't be the last to do that.

Here are the stats: 4 shots of cough medicine, 4 inhaler puffs, 2 Advils, 2 cans of chicken soup, a couple of hours on the computer, all of the Simpsons Season 2 DVD while laying on the couch, and enough water to fill a pool. I still feel the same, except lazier. Doh!

Dan
Old Aug 25, 2003, 07:08 AM
Chandler Williams, Arizona, United States
Joined Nov 2002
1,239 Posts
Quote:
I just hid the motor from myself so I'm unable to look at it anymore until tomorrow. I'll post a follow-up on how it was repaired (toes crossed).
That sounds like a good idea to hide it for a day or so. The wing is one of Justins designs. Itís a Pocket Combat Twin. Iím really not into wing type planes but this one really does something to me. Justinís got a cool video on his site. http://www.edgerc.com/pct.htm
There was a plane at the bowl yesterday that is said to have been clocked at 160 MPH!!!!
I believe it. It was the fastest plane Iíve ever seen. I think it was a mega 6 turn with what looked like, 8-10 high current lipoís for power. I tried getting a picture by just clicking the button in the area I thought the plane was going to be. This is the closest one captured. I think.
Rip-N-Burn is offline Find More Posts by Rip-N-Burn
Old Aug 25, 2003, 08:45 AM
DLG Fan
Tempe, AZ
Joined Nov 2002
1,966 Posts
It was a VIP Racer using a Mega 16/15/3 3-turn brushless. It roared, covering the entire length of the CB in about 2 seconds.

Big John, the owner/flyer, had a 3s6p Kokam high-amp rated LiPo battery in it.
AZ_Astro is offline Find More Posts by AZ_Astro
Last edited by AZ_Astro; Aug 25, 2003 at 12:11 PM.
Old Aug 25, 2003, 11:39 AM
Gilbert, AZ
Joined May 2003
2,848 Posts
Does anyone know the glow equivalent of a B20 15L with 4:1 gearing? I am thinking of buying something stupid just to fool around with, or just scratch building one from pictures and videos. It would certainly get some attention!

http://www.flyingthingz.com/flying_t...cutter__20.htm

Dan
Old Aug 25, 2003, 01:38 PM
Too lazy to repair!
Round Rock, Tx
Joined Oct 2002
3,396 Posts
Dan,

I think you would be better off building it from scratch. That thing is supposed to weigh 3-4 pounds with a .20 in it?! I don't think you could get it in the air at that weight hauling around a bunch of batteries.

Build an experiemental version from F3 or something like that and make it a lot lighter.

Joe
jperch is offline Find More Posts by jperch
Old Aug 25, 2003, 02:24 PM
Gilbert, AZ
Joined May 2003
2,848 Posts
That is what I was thinking. So far, the biggest problem I can see is how to get/make some lightweight wheels/axles that look the right size without weighing a ton. I am thinking bluecor wheels with foam rubber tires and thin music wire axles. I gotta figure out how to make the motor easily removable too, since I strongly doubt that "thing" will fulfill my 3D desire

Dan

PS- I thought that looked weird as well. It says it has unlimited vertical with a 20, but I had an Eagle 2 that weighed 5 pounds and just barely could hover with no punchout with an OS 46 FX and a 10x7. They must have one darned good 20 and one darned big diameter prop!
Old Aug 25, 2003, 04:50 PM
Gilbert, AZ
Joined May 2003
2,848 Posts
MWA HA HA HA HA!!!

Yesterday, I asked Jason Nowell (who is not in charge of the web site stuff any more FYI, direct your questions to Joe Reed instead) to make my quota 200-300 mb since I went way above the tiny 30 mb I asked for originally. So, today I checked back, and he gave me 500 mb of space to fill up! What an awesome guy! So, I will host any CB or AZ related videos or pictures (that aren't huge) for people here that don't have a website, since I doubt I'll be able to fill it up by myself. Unfortunately, the freeware program I downloaded yesterday said my 30 day trial expired today, GRR! I will email the webmaster guy there to see what the deal is, or use another computer or something. Well, I am still happy though, at least I will be able to post stuff without depending on the unreliable silentflightonline.

Dan
Old Aug 25, 2003, 06:41 PM
Silent Flight
Tucson, AZ USA
Joined Oct 2002
3,948 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by ripnburn
The wing is one of Justins designs. It's a Pocket Combat Twin.
Ahh. Ok. I can be a little slow at times!

160mph? Holy beans. Not much room for error going that fast. Nice image of the CB

Check this thing out - I'm not sure what it is, but it sure does straighten bent shafts nicely!

daveWCO
daveWCO is offline Find More Posts by daveWCO
Last edited by daveWCO; Aug 25, 2003 at 08:46 PM.
Old Aug 25, 2003, 07:00 PM
M0unt@in M0del$ minion
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Jul 2002
7,319 Posts
Dave,

It looks like a drill chuck of some sort. Probably quite expensive. It looks to be a pretty high precision piece. I'm guessing it's from your machinist buddy.

Joe
turbojoe is offline Find More Posts by turbojoe
Old Aug 25, 2003, 07:34 PM
Gilbert, AZ
Joined May 2003
2,848 Posts
Yay, glad to hear the news. I agree with Joe, that looks like a precise hand drill for very small bits.

Dan
Old Aug 25, 2003, 08:06 PM
Joined Nov 2002
1,239 Posts
Dave, now that is most definitely one to remember. Although I hope I never need one.

Sky, I have that software here with your name on it. Itís a clean version of 4.0 with serial number. I got it from signing up with a web hosting company about a year ago. Let me know if you still want it. I think I also have a clean version of FrontPage 97 somewhere too.

Kenny..
Old Aug 25, 2003, 08:10 PM
Joined Nov 2002
1,239 Posts
Quote:
The wing is one of Justins designs. It?s a Pocket Combat Twin.
Dave, now I know I did not have that question mark there!!!!!