HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by rab, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Apr 23, 2011, 09:01 PM
rab
----***----
Arlington, Virginia
Joined Aug 2004
695 Posts
Discussion
Something small

I have an SE5a from PJMass plans that I liked. I have a 4site that I like but find rather fragile. I've seen the treads on ghost planes and like the look - so - I decided to bash PJMass's plans into a UM ghost type. That was January. I thought about using foam or balsa and this time decided to use balsa. It was never going to be a quick build but work has been totally nuts since some time in the fall. I'm hoping the 4site gear will fly it, we will see how much heavier it turns out.

After that - a simpler larger profile-ish Ambrossini ss4 to work around the torque role issue - an IAR80, and some glider rebuilds, and lots of maintenance on the planes that I fly now.

Here is an image of the skeleton/ghost SE5a in progress.

- Allen
rab is offline Find More Posts by rab
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 25, 2011, 08:42 AM
rab
----***----
Arlington, Virginia
Joined Aug 2004
695 Posts
Ready to fly

Yes after all these months this one is finally ready. As I went along and could see where the size and weight were going I decided to use some heavier equipment. The weight with battery is 5oz and the wing area is just over a square foot so it should fly slow enough for my local park. I think I should add flying wires. It should be ok as is if I fly it gently, but those control surfaces were meant for trashing. - Allen
Old Nov 14, 2011, 08:33 PM
rab
----***----
Arlington, Virginia
Joined Aug 2004
695 Posts
I've abandoned the little SE5a for now. At almost 5 oz it came out too heavy it wanted to be flown more rapidly than I wanted to fly it.