HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 23, 2011, 06:14 PM
Joined Apr 2011
1 Posts
Help!
traxxas slayer 3.3 engine probs.new to rc pleas help!

I am completely new to rc.I've had this slayer for 3 days.I bought it used.it worked good the first day I had it I drove it once and I rolled it and broke the throttle servo(wire came unhooked from bottom of servo)there's no body that's why the servo broke when I rolled it.after i fixed the servo it wouldn't start.I have the battery in.its a pull start.it seems like its harder to pull also.the only time i can get it to start it runs for a second then quits before I can even let the pull cord back.please help me out.I can give more details if you need.
tpapendick is offline Find More Posts by tpapendick
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 24, 2011, 11:05 AM
Sl33py sl33p
United States, FL, Lake Butler
Joined Apr 2011
88 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpapendick View Post
I am completely new to rc.I've had this slayer for 3 days.I bought it used.it worked good the first day I had it I drove it once and I rolled it and broke the throttle servo(wire came unhooked from bottom of servo)there's no body that's why the servo broke when I rolled it.after i fixed the servo it wouldn't start.I have the battery in.its a pull start.it seems like its harder to pull also.the only time i can get it to start it runs for a second then quits before I can even let the pull cord back.please help me out.I can give more details if you need.
Sounds like my firestorm. I put a rotostart on it and it started for a second and hoped on my tailgate.
Sl33p3r is offline Find More Posts by Sl33p3r
Old Apr 25, 2011, 11:21 AM
Joined Jan 2011
79 Posts
if you try to move the fly wheel and it moves a little rough then i would say it is probably the oneway bearing. i would check that anyway.
fescue101 is offline Find More Posts by fescue101
Old Apr 25, 2011, 09:30 PM
Kowalski !.....Options
USA, MI, Hastings
Joined Jan 2007
2,436 Posts
How dirty is the air filter? Clean it with break cleaner and re-oil it with air filter oil. Replace the glow plug Make sure all of the the bolts are tight. Not Superman tight, just tight.

You may be flooding the engine. You can get to much fuel in it and it will be real hard for the engine to turn over.

http://traxxas.com/ Read the engine manual it's a pretty good one.
mredzadventure is offline Find More Posts by mredzadventure