Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Reply
Thread Tools
Old May 03, 2012, 11:34 AM
FPV FTW
h0tr0d's Avatar
United States, TX, Brenham
Joined Jul 2011
229 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syner01 View Post
@Hotrod thanks for editing the post. Like I said we weren't trying to offend or anything. I totally understand your reasons now that you explain them.
I'm sorry man, I didn't take offense, and didn't mean to offend you. In my mind, it seemed like the reasons would be pretty obvious, sorry. I read about someone talking about them on another forum that burned up his entire plane when he managed to land on the one sharp rock on their whole field and it punctured his battery and caught fire lol. We have quite a few rocks on our field and the ground turns to really sticky mud if it is wet. I don't want to get my battery and connectors all dirty either. It's also easier IMO to put a piece of plastic across the bottom than on top since the bottom is relatively flat.

I haven't really tested rolls with it yet, but I have noticed that these things really likes larger throws than my 61" deep reaper xl. Much larger throws than I was expecting to use anyway. With the 2200 battery and my cg right at the back edge of the esc bay ~200mm, I'm setting my reflex right around .7" wide when I measured underneath the servo horn. It seems to only take a couple clicks of trim from that point. I'm not really sure if that's how you're supposed to measure reflex, but I don't have an angle finder or anything.
h0tr0d is offline Find More Posts by h0tr0d
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old May 03, 2012, 01:12 PM
Registered User
United States, NJ, Lodi
Joined Jan 2012
968 Posts
Just hit 97.4mph on popwing with 1300mah 4s on rcspeedo!
Syner01 is offline Find More Posts by Syner01
Reply With Quote
Old May 03, 2012, 01:14 PM
JOHN 3:16
Sammy70's Avatar
Central Ohio
Joined Feb 2008
6,204 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syner01 View Post
Just hit 97.4mph on popwing with 1300mah 4s on rcspeedo!


WOW that's fast for this thing!@!


What motor/prop was that again?
Sammy70 is online now Find More Posts by Sammy70
Reply With Quote
Old May 03, 2012, 03:00 PM
ICrashRCs
United States, TN, Memphis
Joined Jun 2011
1,196 Posts
Hi Folks,
I have the Teksumo and Bonsai. Bonsai not completed yet but the Teksumo was love at first toss.
An instant favorite for me.
I got the setup off another thread and wanted to share it here. Really happy with it.
Powerful yet quiet.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...36&postcount=9
IFlyRCs is offline Find More Posts by IFlyRCs
Reply With Quote
Old May 03, 2012, 05:30 PM
Registered User
United States, NJ, Lodi
Joined Jan 2012
968 Posts
i have this motor/esc combo
http://www.graysonhobby.com/catalog/...mbo-p-414.html

keep in mind i was running 4s and this combo is not rated for 4s. i don't recommend it on a regular basis. i am going to switch out the esc for a 4s supported one however i may wind up burning out the motor at some point even still.

disclaimer being said that thing ripped! and i only had 1/2 - 3/4 throttle. the esc gets hot on that alone from this combo that i don't chance it other than for initial testing.

this might be a better motor since it is rated for 3-4s.
http://www.graysonhobby.com/catalog/...et-p-1575.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy70 View Post
WOW that's fast for this thing!@!


What motor/prop was that again?
Syner01 is offline Find More Posts by Syner01
Reply With Quote
Old May 03, 2012, 06:13 PM
FPV FTW
h0tr0d's Avatar
United States, TX, Brenham
Joined Jul 2011
229 Posts
Nice speed Syner01! I only hit 65 with mine today. Thinking I need to change props...seems to be lacking thrust to go faster. I have a couple other motors I might throw on her too. Minimum cruise amps is around 4.5A...just noticed I didn't include that pass in the video..oh well. Anyway, here's the maiden video:

PopWing FPV Maiden (2 min 46 sec)
h0tr0d is offline Find More Posts by h0tr0d
Reply With Quote
Old May 03, 2012, 06:31 PM
Registered User
United States, NJ, Lodi
Joined Jan 2012
968 Posts
i average about 65 on mine also on 3s. i hit that speed only on 4s.

what's your fpv setup if you don't mind my asking. are you using goggles?

Quote:
Originally Posted by h0tr0d View Post
Nice speed Syner01! I only hit 65 with mine today. Thinking I need to change props...seems to be lacking thrust to go faster. I have a couple other motors I might throw on her too. Minimum cruise amps is around 4.5A...just noticed I didn't include that pass in the video..oh well. Anyway, here's the maiden video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkqQVN0TeDA
Syner01 is offline Find More Posts by Syner01
Last edited by Syner01; May 04, 2012 at 07:30 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old May 03, 2012, 06:48 PM
FPV FTW
h0tr0d's Avatar
United States, TX, Brenham
Joined Jul 2011
229 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syner01 View Post
i average about 65 on mine also on 3s. i hit that speed only on 4s.

what's your fpv setup if you don't mind my asking. area you using goggles?
I just took a couple things to the field, a pair of fatsharks, a video rx, and my recorder...didn't take my whole GS. That was pretty much the whole idea for this plane...something simple to take to different places.

Camera is a pz0420 from securitycamera2000
OSD is a Skylark Tiny III
VTX is a foxtech 2.4ghz 500mW
VRX is a Lawmate

I didn't much care for 2.4 video, and will be throwing on a 200mW 1258/1280 unit from ReadyMadeRC that I have been beta testing for the last couple of months.
h0tr0d is offline Find More Posts by h0tr0d
Reply With Quote
Old May 03, 2012, 07:18 PM
Registered User
Grand Rapids MI.
Joined Feb 2011
404 Posts
Syner hey man nice speeds....what is this rcspeedo your talking bout? I have been lurking in around the dopler thread a bit and I think I'm going to try using that. Its a free downloadable program but its all in dutch language
They claim its self explainitory but if you have something better (ie easier) let me know
scratch that is it this?http://www.rcspeedo.info/
OTTOFLYS is offline Find More Posts by OTTOFLYS
Reply With Quote
Old May 03, 2012, 10:08 PM
Registered User
United States, NJ, Lodi
Joined Jan 2012
968 Posts
Yes that's it. I use it on my iPhone at the field. Just put your iPhone in the path of the plane/wing while it is listening. The louder your motor the better it registers since I beleive it uses acoustics to calculate the speed. On the wings they are loud so it is no issue. I have other planes that have to pass within about 5 feet over the phone for it to register. Then on my parkzone planes the motors are so quiet I can't seem to get them to register.


Quote:
Originally Posted by OTTOFLYS View Post
Syner hey man nice speeds....what is this rcspeedo your talking bout? I have been lurking in around the dopler thread a bit and I think I'm going to try using that. Its a free downloadable program but its all in dutch language
They claim its self explainitory but if you have something better (ie easier) let me know
scratch that is it this?http://www.rcspeedo.info/
Syner01 is offline Find More Posts by Syner01
Last edited by Syner01; May 04, 2012 at 11:45 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old May 04, 2012, 11:11 AM
Pro Bro #1963
Joined Mar 2004
638 Posts
Flew a few times yesterday with my Mini and had fun coming in for landing and catching her right out of the air-it comes in that slow and gentle. I also noticed that if you take it up high and get it in a flat spin that after 3-4 rotations she will not come out of the spin! Upon testing this, I flat spun mine straight to the ground 3 times and no matter what i did, could not get it to come out. Seems like if you keep the spins to 2-3 it is ok, guess it builds up momentum and stalls completely and that is why it continues straight to the ground. Didn't even put a scratch on her though!! I ordered a couple more batts. of same capacity and weight earlier from Value Hobby so now I can fly much longer.
flygilmore is offline Find More Posts by flygilmore
Reply With Quote
Old May 04, 2012, 07:33 PM
Registered User
United States, NJ, Lodi
Joined Jan 2012
968 Posts
Not quite sure what you mean. Do you have a video by chance?
I can roll plenty of times in a row and I can spin around in circles repeatedly no problem. I do this a lot when I am coasting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by flygilmore View Post
Flew a few times yesterday with my Mini and had fun coming in for landing and catching her right out of the air-it comes in that slow and gentle. I also noticed that if you take it up high and get it in a flat spin that after 3-4 rotations she will not come out of the spin! Upon testing this, I flat spun mine straight to the ground 3 times and no matter what i did, could not get it to come out. Seems like if you keep the spins to 2-3 it is ok, guess it builds up momentum and stalls completely and that is why it continues straight to the ground. Didn't even put a scratch on her though!! I ordered a couple more batts. of same capacity and weight earlier from Value Hobby so now I can fly much longer.
Syner01 is offline Find More Posts by Syner01
Reply With Quote
Old May 04, 2012, 10:53 PM
ICrashRCs
United States, TN, Memphis
Joined Jun 2011
1,196 Posts
How do you perform spins?
IFlyRCs is offline Find More Posts by IFlyRCs
Reply With Quote
Old May 04, 2012, 11:47 PM
Registered User
United States, NJ, Lodi
Joined Jan 2012
968 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IFlyRCs View Post
How do you perform spins?
That's what I am trying to clarify. If rolls are meant then left or right at high speeds. If you just want to go in circles (if that is meant by spins) just left or right when going slow like coasting but only enough to turn not roll.
Syner01 is offline Find More Posts by Syner01
Reply With Quote
Old May 05, 2012, 12:06 AM
ICrashRCs
United States, TN, Memphis
Joined Jun 2011
1,196 Posts
I assumed spinning on it's own axis like a top.
Flat spins are common terminology.
Was just hoping for a quick lesson on a wing.
IFlyRCs is offline Find More Posts by IFlyRCs
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Question Techone models?? lectroglide Scratchbuilt Indoor and Micro Models 5 Aug 07, 2011 01:54 PM
Sold Techone Energy EPP Foamy Wattsup23 Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 9 Mar 31, 2011 03:28 AM
Sold Techone Piaget 3D EPP New in box $45 shipped! Lindy757 Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 2 Mar 17, 2011 11:01 PM
Discussion TechOne F3P??? cglynn Indoor Pattern/F3P 6 Mar 11, 2011 01:24 PM
Question techone malibu 2 or techone aeolus? genesis96 Indoor Pattern/F3P 16 Jan 19, 2011 01:02 PM