HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 13, 2012, 01:55 PM
United States, NJ, Lodi
Joined Jan 2012
968 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemeane View Post
I asked once but never really got much of an answer...

How well do these slow down? Can they be floaty??

I am torn between this (the mini popwing) and the hacker Skyfighter (basically a re-branded mini Swift II)

Any help making the decision???
my minipopwing from lazertoyz is definitely floaty. i may have some video up later today or tomorrow on it. my buddy recorded me so hopefully he will have it up today. this wing rocks for some sport parkflying. nothing crazy like some other wings i have seen but definitely enjoyable fast or slow.
Syner01 is offline Find More Posts by Syner01
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 13, 2012, 04:14 PM
Where did that tree come from
United States, SC, Lancaster
Joined Nov 2010
1,384 Posts
Quote:
I asked once but never really got much of an answer...

Can't help you with your question. Haven't maiden my Popwing yet ( not the mini Popwing) , but maybe this video will help.
New Tech One RC Mini Pop Wing (7 min 2 sec)
kid at 55 is online now Find More Posts by kid at 55
Old Apr 13, 2012, 08:45 PM
JOHN 3:16
Central Ohio
Joined Feb 2008
6,204 Posts
Quote:

If you mean slow down for landing, don't worry, it slows down and lands with about zero airspeed--very easy...
Sammy70 is online now Find More Posts by Sammy70
Old Apr 13, 2012, 10:47 PM
United States, NJ, Lodi
Joined Jan 2012
968 Posts
Need a better camera next time but start a 3:30 here and you will see me cut the power and float on and off throughout video.
Wildcat and Mini Wing (9 min 13 sec)
Old Apr 13, 2012, 11:00 PM
Grand Rapids MI.
Joined Feb 2011
404 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonny Cheeba View Post
Got mine just about built..... Running a Graysons Hobbies V2 Super Jet motor, with a Turnigy Plush 40a ESC, good ole Orange Rx, Tower pro metal gear servos, and Nano Techs 3s 2200mah with a 6/5 Prop...... I'm pretty sure this setup will get this thing moving pretty fast..... Any suggestions out there on how to configure the CG since its a much heavier setup then the "recommended"???

Thanks all,
Sonny
please let us know what happens with that setup, video if you can. I have been kickin around the idea of doin that same setup but you beat me to it. LOL just please keep us posted as too your findings/results. I may try and hunt down another setup for the go fast wing.
I know a lot of people want and have posted questions about how light and floaty they are but personaly I want to find the limit speed to weight wise and airfoil desighn wise aswell

OTTO
OTTOFLYS is offline Find More Posts by OTTOFLYS
Old Apr 13, 2012, 11:13 PM
Grand Rapids MI.
Joined Feb 2011
404 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syner01 View Post
Need a better camera next time but start a 3:30 here and you will see me cut the power and float on and off throughout video.
http://youtu.be/F9gm-KwU4FI
I think you have a great camera and your a great flyer, looks sweet. It may be the camera person that needs a lesson lol. It takes a person that has flown or been around rc planes for a while to know how follow and film a plane, especialy a fast, agile plane/wing

otto
Old Apr 13, 2012, 11:35 PM
United States, NJ, Lodi
Joined Jan 2012
968 Posts
Thanks! I have only been flying since this past christmas and man did I wish I took up this hobby as a kid smile. I have only had this wing for a week or two and right now it is one of my favorites since it is my first wing. Moves pretty decent on this setup although I see myself getting the larger one with a beefy setup also.
If you want some small speed planes these are not wings but lately I have been flying them and they can move on 4s. I have more videos and cheat sheet on my blog here. Some people have had them up to 140+mph. Not bad for 30" foamie prop planes.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/member.php?u=393059

Rob Flying his T-28 Trojans (7 min 42 sec)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OTTOFLYS View Post
I think you have a great camera and your a great flyer, looks sweet. It may be the camera person that needs a lesson lol. It takes a person that has flown or been around rc planes for a while to know how follow and film a plane, especialy a fast, agile plane/wing

otto
Old Apr 15, 2012, 11:45 AM
United States, NJ, Lodi
Joined Jan 2012
968 Posts
Popped up another wing vid from yesterday
Lazertoyz MiniPopWing (2 min 49 sec)
Old Apr 15, 2012, 06:47 PM
Joined Nov 2010
1,384 Posts
Well my popwing came in tail heavy with a 1300 mAh battery. Need to add about 2.2 oz to the battery tray. Hook up my watts meter. She run 152 watts and 13 amps with a 7X5 prop.
Old Apr 15, 2012, 07:33 PM
Joined Apr 2012
57 Posts
Crap!!! I Want one now!!! Are they in stock anywhere with motor, prop and gear?
Been looking inr a few places but they say out of stock.
FlyingRCFanatic is offline Find More Posts by FlyingRCFanatic
Old Apr 15, 2012, 07:41 PM
Joined Nov 2010
1,384 Posts
Got mine here, but they are out of stock also at the moment . http://www.rcplanebuilder.com/index....roducts_id=155
Old Apr 15, 2012, 07:45 PM
United States, NJ, Lodi
Joined Jan 2012
968 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingRCFanatic View Post
Crap!!! I Want one now!!! Are they in stock anywhere with motor, prop and gear?
Been looking inr a few places but they say out of stock.
Got mine here. Get fast setup kit
http://www.lazertoyz.com/shop/Planes/minipopwing.htm

I use this rx and it works great. Just cut a little extra foam out on bottom where to strap in RX so the leads aren't cramped/pinched.
http://www.targethobby.com/spectrum-...p-4161774.html

It's the one I show in my video posts above
Old Apr 15, 2012, 10:00 PM
Central Ohio
Joined Feb 2008
6,204 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kid at 55 View Post
Well my popwing came in tail heavy with a 1300 mAh battery. Need to add about 2.2 oz to the battery tray. Hook up my watts meter. She run 152 watts and 13 amps with a 7X5 prop.

Tail heavy using what CG location?

As mentioned a few times before, I fly mine with anything from a 1300mah to 2200mah lipo and she flys great regardless. With the 1300mah my CG is quite a bit back from "stock" and I have to change the elev. trim maybe 3 clicks and she still flys just great....
Old Apr 15, 2012, 10:20 PM
Grand Rapids MI.
Joined Feb 2011
404 Posts
Cg

I finished mine up today
Moved the servos ahead of the forward spar in hopes of getting the Cg issue handled. I moved them to the bottom side and layed them flat, I had some parts (long wire servos and covers) off a PZ Habu V1 so I put them to good use on this thing. The added weight of the covers were also in hopes of Cg correction but protection on the bottom aswell, and keeping the top side clean looking. I also cut a bit on the bottom (for the CLEAN look) and moved the rx forward behind the battery.

CG? Uh, not too bad with a 1150mah, it cg's at 225mm so I think its going to work decent. Maiden tomorrow if the weather holds off.
Pulled some #'s on the meter but forgot to write em down. Well bellow the motor limits but I'll do a few pulls again tomorrow

Cheers Otto
Old Apr 15, 2012, 10:23 PM
Central Ohio
Joined Feb 2008
6,204 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by OTTOFLYS View Post
CG? Uh, not too bad with a 1150mah, it cg's at 225mm so I think its going to work decent. Maiden tomorrow if the weather holds off.
Why such the small battery?

With my 1300mah lipos I believe mine is at 220mm and flys great.

Good luck!