HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by impostor, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Apr 22, 2011, 10:23 PM
Renegade Eggroll
USA, IL, Chicago
Joined Jan 2011
788 Posts
Discussion
Not so light Stryker build

Today was a cold, rainy, crappy Chicago day. I spent most of it building my Stryker. Being a new pilot, I decided to build a Light Stryker bc a fast one, even stock, is probably too fast for me to handle right now.

I used a 2712-17 BL motor, a stick mount, 25A BL ESC, a 8x4 prop, and powering it are 2S 20C 1000mah Sky Lipo batteries. Peak amp from my Turnigy Watt Meter is 9.44Ah. I had to mess with the servo connection and reversing one of the servo to make the Elevon mix work properly with my Dx6i Tx. In the end, the Stryker ended up to be 372 grams. Not so light weight...

Hopefully, the power system is able to keep this puppy in the air. If not, I have some 3S 30C 1000mah batteries and a 7x3.5 prop to power it. We'll see when I go maiden it tomorrow (if the weather improves).

Here are some pics of my build.

Test fiting the electronics

Testing out the system with the 3S battery

Starting to come together.

Bottom with invasion stripes

Final product. I went with a black 'n white theme. I need to find some Police stickers or something like that.
impostor is offline Find More Posts by impostor
to remove ads between posts