HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by Kenpilot, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Apr 22, 2011, 05:14 PM
Joined May 2006
822 Posts
Discussion
RCGF 15CC Gasser on a .60 size Cub

These are pictures of my new "Lanyu" .60 size Cub 82 inch wingspan with the RCGF 15cc version 2 engine and an "Aerovate" pitts muffler. Had first run a couple of days ago. She's a bit heavy but I'm sure it will fly fine...it's a Cub. Looks and sounds really good, runs good too.

I modified this Cub with tail wires, articulating main gear and windows. The ARF comes with just clear monokote type covering over the side windows. Took that off and replaced with some plastic windows from World Models. Also used a Dubro .60 size tailwheel and ROBART hinges on all surfaces.

This is my first venture into gasoline engine power. Hopefully all will go well. With the extra battery for ignition system, etc, and a bigger nimh battery for the receiver, the models comes in at 9.5 pounds. She's a big girl...

I also had to reinforce some areas, like the hardwood blocks that the wing struts mount to in the wings. One elevator was bigger then the other but easily fixed. For an ARF I put a lot of time into this one, but I think it came out ok.

Bought the Cub and the engine from BPhobbies.com and found the muffler on the internet somewhere...can't remember where, but it is a beautiful piece of work.

Cannot wait for the maiden!
Kenpilot is offline Find More Posts by Kenpilot
Last edited by Kenpilot; Apr 28, 2011 at 06:08 PM. Reason: robart hinges
to remove ads between posts