HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by WWIIPLANEBUFF, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Apr 21, 2011, 05:18 PM
United States, TN, Chattanooga
Joined Mar 2011
37 Posts
Trader Rating: 0
For Sale
Hanger 9 Cap 232 1/3 Scale 3D ZDZ Twin 80cc

Hanger 9 Cap 232 1/3 Scale 3D ZDZ Twin 80cc

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

First off, this plane is NOT for everybody. It will be someone who knows the value of the plane and is looking for one like it. It is a Hanger 9 Cap 232 in red, white and blue star stripes. It is completely ready to fly. All that is required is an eight channel TX and a charger to charge the two onboard batteries. If anyone has an interest in this plane or more information, I will get it to you. The plane has the following setup and is full 3D. I am selling the plane bacause of back trouble and can no longer handle this large plane and also to free up room. The plane has no more than two hours running time on the engine and airframe. I purchased all parts new for this unit. The listing below is the main features in the plane:

1..ZDZ Twin 80cc Gas Engine with rotory value
2..Tru-Turn Spinner
3..JZ Zinger Wood Prop 26 x 8
4..JR PCM or FM, Selectable 10 Channel Reciever, Channel 22, can be changed with new crystel
5..JR Digital Hi Output Hi Speed Servos DS 8231, x2 for each control surface
6..5000mah Ni-Mh Flight Pack Battery
7..3500mach Ni-Mh Ingnition Battery
8..32oz Du-Bro gas tank with the Quick Fill Inlet
9..Twin tunned can mufflers made for ZDZ 80 Twin
10.JR switches and sealed charging jack plugs for both batteries
11.Hanger 9 titanium linkage set and all titanium output control horns
12.Pull-Pull Rudder Setup
13.Extra wing kit (NIB)
14.Extra cowl (NIB)
15.Gasolene Filler Pump with oil/gas ratio mixer bottle

Key Features
90% custom built
Designed by 9-time TOC competitor Mike McConville
Specifically designed to be lightweight and excel in precision and 3D aerobatics
Prepainted fiberglass cowl and wheel pants
Plug-in wing and stabilizer
Covered with genuine Hangar 9 UltraCote®
IMAC and Giant-Scale legal
Instructions include 3D flying tips

Overview
A perfect blend of form and function, Hangar 9’s Cap 232 1/3 Scale ARF utilizes world-class aerobatics competitor Mike McConville’s engineering design to create an IMAC and Giant-Scale legal masterpiece perfectly suited for unlimited aerobatic action. It’s made from very lightweight balsa and plywood and covered in genuine Hangar 9® UltraCote®. Adding to the Cap’s great looks is the aluminum main landing gear and tail wheel, which is specially hand-polished for added sophistication. A removable top fuselage hatch provides easy access while the pre-tinted canopy adds an extra touch of class.

All wood parts for the Cap 232 are carefully selected to provide lightweight, sturdy construction. All structures are precision jig built. The Cap’s two-piece plug-in wing utilizes an anodized 1 1/2” T-6 aluminum wing tube with two anti-rotation pins. The horizontal stabilizer plugs onto anodized 5/8” aluminum tubes. Critical wing alignment and incidences are already done. The Cap's fiberglass cowling, wheel pants, and durable aluminum landing gear come out of the box prepainted and ready to mount to the airframe. A graphic sheet is also included to apply to the Cap 232.

Hangar 9’s optional accessory packs (HAN1220 for JR, or HAN1221 for Futaba)include pro level hardware that’s been specially selected from the top manufacturers of giant-scale accessories. Products include tail wheel assembly, ball links, hinges, Hangar 9 titanium pro-links, Hangar 9 aluminum servo arms, 32 oz tank, gas compatible fuel tank stopper, axles, wheels, and collars.

I have over $3,600.00 dollars just in parts, (not including shipping or taxes), plus over 80 hours for building and Setup in this plane. I will sell the plane less TX for $2,500.00 for the complete system. Save over $1,100.00 dollars and many hours of build. Please contact me if you are interested, have other questions or would like other photos of the air plane. Location is Chattanooga, TN 37421.

ASKING $2,500.00
WWIIPLANEBUFF is offline Find More Posts by WWIIPLANEBUFF
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 22, 2011, 07:52 AM
Sigh...Really?
Lansing, MI
Joined Jun 2009
221 Posts
Trader Rating: 11
I was wrong to pick your plane apart...

still would like to know why you needed 9 - 36" extensions though?
boggintuff is offline Find More Posts by boggintuff
Last edited by boggintuff; Apr 22, 2011 at 07:57 PM.
Old Apr 22, 2011, 08:56 AM
United States, TN, Chattanooga
Joined Mar 2011
37 Posts
Trader Rating: 0
Pcm

Quote:
still would like to know why you needed 9 - 36" extensions though?
Hanger 9 designed the plane so that all the servos are mounted at the control surfaces. They did this to have the most control over the surfaces. This way you don't have to worry about flex in the control cables, etc. The rudder servos and elevator servos are mounted back in the tail at these controls. This puts them over three feet away from the canopy area. The extensions have to be there for the servos to be connected to the RX. There are four servos in the tail. It's the same with the wing, again four servos. The last one is for throttle. The RX is mounted just under the canopy and it ends up that each of the nine servos in the plane is right at three feet away from the RX. The extensions are used to make the servo wire long enough to reach the RX, the ends were cut off, they were soldered to the servo wires and the connections were sealed with heat shrink tube. You can see the rudder servos in the last picture. They are all the way at the back of the plane, one on each side, in a pull-pull configuration with a very short control rod.
WWIIPLANEBUFF is offline Find More Posts by WWIIPLANEBUFF
Last edited by WWIIPLANEBUFF; Apr 23, 2011 at 07:04 AM. Reason: Updated the Text
Old Apr 22, 2011, 04:45 PM
United States, FL, Melbourne
Joined Mar 2011
8 Posts
Trader Rating: 2
I 've purchased my share of used airplanes, and to date it has always been you get what you pay for. True this isn't the cheapest 232 out there, but a quick glance at the photos and the description shows the level of quality in this build. You get what you pay for, and in this case that's certainly a good thing.
spacecoastmike is offline Find More Posts by spacecoastmike