HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Apr 21, 2011, 10:30 AM
electric power,what else!
eJets's Avatar
Joined Dec 2005
268 Posts
Discussion
Gold Wing RC SBACH-342 V3 30CC / 73" / 26%

Hi guys,

just received my new Gold Wing RC Sbach 342 V3. here forhand the weights of the different parts:

Fuselage (incl. canopy): 1058g
Wing l/r: 398g/380g
Carbon Wing Tube: 54g
Rudder: 75g
Elevator: 160g
Wheel Pants: 84g (both)
Carbon Gear: 88g
Tire: 58g (both)
Spinner: 55g
small pats: 170g

TOTAL 2728g = 6.02lbs

my goal: Weight-Thrust Ratio of ~1.8...~2

...more information after my vacation

cheers eJets
eJets is offline Find More Posts by eJets
Last edited by eJets; Apr 21, 2011 at 10:46 AM.
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 21, 2011, 01:16 PM
Registered User
United States, RI, Providence
Joined Sep 2009
110 Posts
Very cool. I am going to convert the same plane. Deciding between Redwing rc,Goldwing,Slipstream,etc. Next month or so.
ant1 is offline Find More Posts by ant1
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 2011, 11:14 PM
Team Cobra!!! Ssssssss!
lmopar69's Avatar
United States, NE, Doniphan
Joined Feb 2005
7,843 Posts
If it helps, Im quite happy with my 30cc Redwing RC Sbach (73"). It has PLENTY of power, but I think I'll prop it up a bit more from the 20x10. Todays flight showed 50 amps and only 2200 watts with 6100 rpm. Flew great, but just seems like it needs a tad more "punch". Maybe the same prop on 12S instead of 10 would do it. Maybe Im just a power hungry fool!

Laine.
lmopar69 is offline Find More Posts by lmopar69
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27, 2011, 06:06 AM
Team Park Pilot - Airborne
OzparkPilot's Avatar
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Nov 2006
4,457 Posts
There all the same btw.... All ok planes. Have the MX2 57 / 73 and just about to take delivery of the 89'30%... all electric !!
OzparkPilot is offline Find More Posts by OzparkPilot
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27, 2011, 06:11 AM
Team Park Pilot - Airborne
OzparkPilot's Avatar
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Nov 2006
4,457 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmopar69 View Post
If it helps, Im quite happy with my 30cc Redwing RC Sbach (73"). It has PLENTY of power, but I think I'll prop it up a bit more from the 20x10. Todays flight showed 50 amps and only 2200 watts with 6100 rpm. Flew great, but just seems like it needs a tad more "punch". Maybe the same prop on 12S instead of 10 would do it. Maybe Im just a power hungry fool!

Laine.
Laine... I can understand if you feel its a little underpowered... I run a 5525 - 225 Scorpion on 8s 5000 40c on my 26% MX2 GW and get 69 Amps on a 22x10 Xoar prop giving over 200 WPP. Has`very good punch out ( not crazy ) from hovering on the deck. Next E project will be more... MUCH more..
OzparkPilot is offline Find More Posts by OzparkPilot
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27, 2011, 09:11 AM
Registered User
United States, RI, Providence
Joined Sep 2009
110 Posts
Yeah,I assumed they were all the pretty much the same plane.

Now I'm not sure if I want the MX-2,Sbach,or MSX-R or all of them.
ant1 is offline Find More Posts by ant1
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27, 2011, 09:25 AM
I Toast Planes
bakon's Avatar
Joined Jul 2010
945 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eJets View Post
Hi guys,

just received my new Gold Wing RC Sbach 342 V3. here forhand the weights of the different parts:

Fuselage (incl. canopy): 1058g
Wing l/r: 398g/380g
Carbon Wing Tube: 54g
Rudder: 75g
Elevator: 160g
Wheel Pants: 84g (both)
Carbon Gear: 88g
Tire: 58g (both)
Spinner: 55g
small pats: 170g

TOTAL 2728g = 6.02lbs

my goal: Weight-Thrust Ratio of ~1.8...~2

...more information after my vacation

cheers eJets
Thats a cool plane but I could not find any pricing on the Linked site. Also is it possible to convert it to Electric?
bakon is offline Find More Posts by bakon
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28, 2011, 05:59 AM
Team Park Pilot - Airborne
OzparkPilot's Avatar
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Nov 2006
4,457 Posts
Yes its perefect for electric. Go with a Scorpion 5525 motor / CC 1ce 100 amps ESC on 8s 5000 35c lipos and 22x12 Xoar prop...one more thing.... HANG ON !!!
OzparkPilot is offline Find More Posts by OzparkPilot
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28, 2011, 09:38 AM
Registered User
United States, RI, Providence
Joined Sep 2009
110 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BingWing View Post
Yes its perefect for electric. Go with a Scorpion 5525 motor / CC 1ce 100 amps ESC on 8s 5000 35c lipos and 22x12 Xoar prop...one more thing.... HANG ON !!!


What kind of flight time are you getting on that 8s 5000 setup ?

Also,does your 26% MX-2 have any bad habits?

Anthony
ant1 is offline Find More Posts by ant1
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28, 2011, 09:49 PM
Team Park Pilot - Airborne
OzparkPilot's Avatar
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Nov 2006
4,457 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ant1 View Post
What kind of flight time are you getting on that 8s 5000 setup ?

Also,does your 26% MX-2 have any bad habits?

Anthony
I get about 8 Minutes of 3D and lots of WOT up lines and fly buys etc. About 6-7 on the 4000 set up and its prefers the lighter setup. No bad habbits at all. Hardly any wingrock in harriers and very solid hovering plane. I am using Power HD servos and feel they let the plane down a bit as its not a great IMAC plane for the size.
OzparkPilot is offline Find More Posts by OzparkPilot
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29, 2011, 09:06 AM
I Toast Planes
bakon's Avatar
Joined Jul 2010
945 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BingWing View Post
Yes its perefect for electric. Go with a Scorpion 5525 motor / CC 1ce 100 amps ESC on 8s 5000 35c lipos and 22x12 Xoar prop...one more thing.... HANG ON !!!
Thanks
bakon is offline Find More Posts by bakon
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29, 2011, 10:19 AM
Team Cobra!!! Ssssssss!
lmopar69's Avatar
United States, NE, Doniphan
Joined Feb 2005
7,843 Posts
BingWing, did you have to add any weight to the nose of yours to balance it with your setup?

Laine.
lmopar69 is offline Find More Posts by lmopar69
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29, 2011, 02:24 PM
Registered User
United States, RI, Providence
Joined Sep 2009
110 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BingWing View Post
I get about 8 Minutes of 3D and lots of WOT up lines and fly buys etc. About 6-7 on the 4000 set up and its prefers the lighter setup. No bad habbits at all. Hardly any wingrock in harriers and very solid hovering plane. I am using Power HD servos and feel they let the plane down a bit as its not a great IMAC plane for the size.


Thanks for the info. i was also curious about the power hd servos,I'll go Hitec I think.
ant1 is offline Find More Posts by ant1
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2011, 12:19 AM
Team Park Pilot - Airborne
OzparkPilot's Avatar
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Nov 2006
4,457 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmopar69 View Post
BingWing, did you have to add any weight to the nose of yours to balance it with your setup?

Laine.
No mine ballaned perfectly. I refuse to add dead weight. Think its just a matter of planning what to use prior to bolting it all together but sometime its just needed. Im going Hitec for my 30% as had fine results with Power HD but going back to what I trust more now that my planes just get bigger n bigger ( and more $ )
OzparkPilot is offline Find More Posts by OzparkPilot
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2011, 04:26 PM
electric power,what else!
eJets's Avatar
Joined Dec 2005
268 Posts
...I really hate extra weight for balancing. I'll do everything to avoid it.
As I am planing on a Dualsky XM6355DA-11 Motor this should not be an issue...

Cheers markus
eJets is offline Find More Posts by eJets
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion 73" SBACH 342 (30cc) to Electric lmopar69 Giant Electric Planes 83 Apr 30, 2014 12:28 PM
Sold Pilot-RC 73" Sbach 342 CF 26% ARF - 4 Sale 3D*Flyer Aircraft - Fuel - Airplanes (FS/W) 9 May 12, 2011 08:56 AM
Sold PilotRC Sbach 342 73" 26% Thunderbolt Scheme (30cc version) 3D*Flyer Aircraft - Fuel - Airplanes (FS/W) 3 Jan 15, 2011 08:47 AM
Sold Pilot-RC 73" Sbach 342 CF 26% ARF - 4 Sale 3D*Flyer Aircraft - Fuel - Airplanes (FS/W) 3 Nov 03, 2010 01:14 PM