Old Jun 24, 2011, 09:41 AM
The balance is the answer
Walnut Creek CA
Joined Oct 2009
42 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by slopepilot View Post
^^ nice spinner
well I didnt finish the build but I tore out the elevator and rudder linkage sleeves and replaced them, they were curved to much and the movement was not smooth, used carbon fiber in new sleeves. Last night I fired up the motor, the Aeolian 3530 1100kv with its 40ampesc by Aeolian, ran 1/2 throttle for 2 minutes then up and down another minute while using a 10 x 4.7 SF and the ecs was cool and the motor was warm. Wish I had a meter(anybody got a link on a meter?)
After work Ill set up the aileron linkage, mount the battery and esc and I shall be flying if the wind permits,actually it was calm yesterday but it was 95 degrees and today is gonna be hotter.
Video report coming soon

Sorry about you motor. I never used Sf prop. So I couldn't tell about the Amps draw and prop size. I personally have the Metter from HK and it works perfect.

Best
Estoner is offline Find More Posts by Estoner
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 24, 2011, 09:57 AM
WINDEPENDENT
United States, CA, Beaumont
Joined Dec 2007
3,170 Posts
Estoner

^^ my motor is fine. it got warm, not hot
it calls for a 10x4.7 prop, so an E prop in a 10x4.7?
or what prop would you use for low and slow
slopepilot is offline Find More Posts by slopepilot
Old Jun 24, 2011, 10:12 AM
Walnut Creek CA
Joined Oct 2009
42 Posts
Sorry my English is not good enough yet I understud that your motor were burn up. Well I use APC E 12x6 and I can go really slow but I try also 13x4.5 and It is even slower and I got a lot of torque. I prefer 12X6 because I can go a bit faster keeping a really good torque for hovering. May be using a 11X5 SF you would have a very good torque. Just guessing.

Cheers.
Old Jun 24, 2011, 02:08 PM
WINDEPENDENT
Joined Dec 2007
3,170 Posts
Thanks, Ill get the APC 12x6 and a meter I guess
but again, my motor is OK
thanks, Dave
Old Jun 24, 2011, 06:29 PM
FLY HARD OR FLY HOME TO MUMMY
Joined Jan 2011
195 Posts
so my stock motor finally gave up on me, lucky i was plenty high enough when it did so the forced landing couldn't of turned out better. i'm now looking for a cheap replacement motor and was wondering what everyones thoughts are.. i'm running a 9x6 prop(not slow fly) and am into fast aerobatics not 3d. i would like to keep the stock esc. the stock motor made enough power to keep me happy, i just need something that won't crap itself when running flat out for long periods.
jb0005 is offline Find More Posts by jb0005
Old Jun 24, 2011, 08:58 PM
JOHN 3:16
Central Ohio
Joined Feb 2008
6,007 Posts
Here's what I used:

http://www.headsuprc.com/servlet/the...lectric/Detail

Just remove 1/4" of foam behind the firewall, reglue the firewall on and mount the motor. Fits perfectly and the stock spinner can be retained...
Sammy70 is offline Find More Posts by Sammy70
Old Jun 25, 2011, 02:23 AM
high flyer
Sydney, Australia
Joined May 2008
2,990 Posts
hobbyking extra 260 EPO very fast flight (4 min 8 sec)

ok so i got my turnigy 35-30 1700kv motor for my extra 260 and now its extremely fast. I put an APC 8x4 prop on it. I left the spinner off to keep the amps down on the motor.

Ive had two flights with it so far and its so fast now the cowling came off in flight. Both flights i broke the prop on a belly landing. It wont do very slow landings now. So i stole the landing gear from my hyperion sniper x II and put it on my extra 260. Ill post up pics later.

Very happy with it now. Its very fast. Sounds so nice in the air as well. Moves around like a little rocket.

I lost the foam peice that goes in the battery compartment as it flew out it was that fast so i made a plastic hatch and it clips on with a rare earth magnet. I will post pics later.

Im running turnigy 1600mah 3s lipos in her and she runs very light. I might try and get some higher C rating or nano tech lipos to see if i can get any more speed out of her.

Tell me what you think guys?
stalyoni is offline Find More Posts by stalyoni
Old Jun 25, 2011, 11:52 AM
WINDEPENDENT
Joined Dec 2007
3,170 Posts
looks godd stayloni, moving right out, how about some high speed passes at shoulder height for the camera next time? thats a fast lil bird. Does the motor get hot after that WOT run or just warm?
today I should have the maiden flight and video..yea yea, just like last weekend right, we will see
Old Jun 25, 2011, 11:55 AM
high flyer
Sydney, Australia
Joined May 2008
2,990 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by slopepilot View Post
looks godd stayloni, moving right out, how about some high speed passes at shoulder height for the camera next time? thats a fast lil bird. Does the motor get hot after that WOT run or just warm?
today I should have the maiden flight and video..yea yea, just like last weekend right, we will see
it was only warm mate. Im tempted to put an 8x6 prop on it but others say it will burn out this motor.

I set the esc timing to high as well and it seemed to help the motor run much better.

I will have to wait till i get some more apc props till i can fly her again. I want to test out the new landing gear i made for it.
Old Jun 26, 2011, 04:14 AM
Echt, Netherlands
Joined Aug 2003
3,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stalyoni View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFBvITEZ8Uw

ok so i got my turnigy 35-30 1700kv motor for my extra 260 and now its extremely fast. I put an APC 8x4 prop on it. I left the spinner off to keep the amps down on the motor.

Ive had two flights with it so far and its so fast now the cowling came off in flight. Both flights i broke the prop on a belly landing. It wont do very slow landings now. So i stole the landing gear from my hyperion sniper x II and put it on my extra 260. Ill post up pics later.

Very happy with it now. Its very fast. Sounds so nice in the air as well. Moves around like a little rocket.

I lost the foam peice that goes in the battery compartment as it flew out it was that fast so i made a plastic hatch and it clips on with a rare earth magnet. I will post pics later.

Im running turnigy 1600mah 3s lipos in her and she runs very light. I might try and get some higher C rating or nano tech lipos to see if i can get any more speed out of her.

Tell me what you think guys?
you focus allot on speed. Maybe the Funjet is something for you?
if you do not have such plane, I can advice you to check it out
on 4s 2200 this plane is fast and fun

about your packs. Check the 40C range of Turnigy and then 1800 or so.
TreeDiver is offline Find More Posts by TreeDiver
Old Jun 26, 2011, 04:57 AM
high flyer
Sydney, Australia
Joined May 2008
2,990 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeDiver View Post
you focus allot on speed. Maybe the Funjet is something for you?
if you do not have such plane, I can advice you to check it out
on 4s 2200 this plane is fast and fun

about your packs. Check the 40C range of Turnigy and then 1800 or so.
nah i dont want a jet i want a fast acrobatic plane and now with the 1700kv motor i have it.

Im only getting about a 3:30min flight though but thats ok. The noise this thing makes in the air and the exhilaration it gives me makes it all worth it.

Im more then happy with my extra 260 now so its all good. A jet gets boring you go back and forth do a spin roll and loop whoopie.

Im just keen to try out my new landing gear i made for my extra 260
Old Jun 26, 2011, 05:05 AM
high flyer
Sydney, Australia
Joined May 2008
2,990 Posts
i dont even think you can do true 3d moves with this plane anyways so whats it really good for apart from the sport flying i have been doing with it?
Old Jun 26, 2011, 07:57 AM
www.rctodayshow.com
Austin, TX
Joined Sep 2005
11,413 Posts
Quote:
A jet gets boring you go back and forth do a spin roll and loop whoopie.
My Parkzone Habu EDF does better knife edge than my Extra.

-Chris
JustPlaneChris is offline Find More Posts by JustPlaneChris
Old Jun 26, 2011, 08:52 AM
Echt, Netherlands
Joined Aug 2003
3,000 Posts
Quote:
nah i dont want a jet i want a fast acrobatic plane and now with the 1700kv motor i have it.

Im only getting about a 3:30min flight though but thats ok. The noise this thing makes in the air and the exhilaration it gives me makes it all worth it.

Im more then happy with my extra 260 now so its all good. A jet gets boring you go back and forth do a spin roll and loop whoopie.

Im just keen to try out my new landing gear i made for my extra 260
there is nothing boring about at Funjet with 4s and mega16/15/4 and 5.5x4.3 graupner speed prop
with this planes I had most flights and it is always a blast and the sound... its awesome and part of the fun.

It is just a tip...nothing more then that
TreeDiver is offline Find More Posts by TreeDiver
Old Jun 26, 2011, 11:03 AM
Walnut Creek CA
Joined Oct 2009
42 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeDiver View Post
there is nothing boring about at Funjet with 4s and mega16/15/4 and 5.5x4.3 graupner speed prop
with this planes I had most flights and it is always a blast and the sound... its awesome and part of the fun.

It is just a tip...nothing more then that
Agreed. I had it and I had tons of fun and I was only in 3s set up, was fairly fast. Great fun plane.