SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Reply
Thread Tools
Old May 07, 2011, 03:18 PM
high flyer
stalyoni's Avatar
Sydney, Australia
Joined May 2008
3,143 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qtop View Post
Stock prop sucks. Try a 9x6 Master Airscrew (3 blade). Damn she will fly. Vertical unlimited no problem at all. Stock motor holds fine with that prop.
Used a 2200 3cell. After 9 minuts brought the plane down, with still 43 % left in the battery

My meter died, so if somebody has the same prop please please please I want to know how much amps it pulls.
Mate i had no prop on it and it was pull no load at all and the stock motor still let the smoke out. Mine was exactly the same as the guy that posted the video of his motor.

My new motor, esc and 2 x 10x6 props has cost me about $70 and im sure there going to be a hell of alot better the stock setup.

BTW i dont even this im going to put on the landing gear and ill take the rear wheel off. Most of the fields i goto dont have landing strips.

So i just plan to belly land her. She will get dirty but thats the price i will have to pay.
stalyoni is offline Find More Posts by stalyoni
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old May 07, 2011, 06:47 PM
PIC
Seattle
Joined Feb 2009
32 Posts
Can someone please tell me where the double threaded shaft and nut are supposed to go? Thanks

Austin
Holmquist is online now Find More Posts by Holmquist
Reply With Quote
Old May 07, 2011, 07:08 PM
high flyer
stalyoni's Avatar
Sydney, Australia
Joined May 2008
3,143 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holmquist View Post
Can someone please tell me where the double threaded shaft and nut are supposed to go? Thanks

Austin
it goes on the first hole at the back. The hole that is closest to the nose on the plane. It actually threads into the vertical stabliser. Just screw it in a couple of turns and also get your rudder wheel rod and feed it into the bottom hole on the rudder. The once you have the rudder wheel rod in you can push the vertical stabliser on and screw it down with the nut on the end.
stalyoni is offline Find More Posts by stalyoni
Reply With Quote
Old May 07, 2011, 07:37 PM
Registered User
tallflyer's Avatar
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Jul 2002
6,364 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stalyoni View Post
it goes on the first hole at the back. The hole that is closest to the nose on the plane. It actually threads into the vertical stabliser. Just screw it in a couple of turns and also get your rudder wheel rod and feed it into the bottom hole on the rudder. The once you have the rudder wheel rod in you can push the vertical stabliser on and screw it down with the nut on the end.
I posted a tip about this super glue the nut to one end of the double threaded shaft to make it a long bolt!

works great

I also modified the Elevator and Rudder to use Dubro micro pushrods Winner Winner will post pictures later.
tallflyer is online now Find More Posts by tallflyer
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: New GoPro Hero3+ Black Edition
Reply With Quote
Old May 07, 2011, 07:43 PM
high flyer
stalyoni's Avatar
Sydney, Australia
Joined May 2008
3,143 Posts
whens the video coming tall flyer?

Also have you upgraded your motor and esc yet and if so which one did you go with?
stalyoni is offline Find More Posts by stalyoni
Reply With Quote
Old May 07, 2011, 10:07 PM
Registered User
tallflyer's Avatar
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Jul 2002
6,364 Posts
Batteries are charged Im just doing some small tweeks tomorrow moring should be the big Maiden!
tallflyer is online now Find More Posts by tallflyer
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: New GoPro Hero3+ Black Edition
Reply With Quote
Old May 07, 2011, 10:11 PM
high flyer
stalyoni's Avatar
Sydney, Australia
Joined May 2008
3,143 Posts
ok mate i look forward to it. Make sure to film it.

The silly cleaners chucked out my camera hat so i cant film anything until i make another one.
stalyoni is offline Find More Posts by stalyoni
Reply With Quote
Old May 07, 2011, 10:22 PM
PIC
Seattle
Joined Feb 2009
32 Posts
Thank you for the help. Tallflyer I read what had posted earlier and was still a little confused. I guess it's strange that you have to CA the nut on the end of the threaded rod. But I do appreciate the help fellas. This is my first plane.

Austin
Holmquist is online now Find More Posts by Holmquist
Reply With Quote
Old May 07, 2011, 10:56 PM
high flyer
stalyoni's Avatar
Sydney, Australia
Joined May 2008
3,143 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holmquist View Post
Thank you for the help. Tallflyer I read what had posted earlier and was still a little confused. I guess it's strange that you have to CA the nut on the end of the threaded rod. But I do appreciate the help fellas. This is my first plane.

Austin
you picked a hell of a first plane to learn on mate. Im guessing you have come from many years into helis though. Anyways you will be able to tame her down anyways.
stalyoni is offline Find More Posts by stalyoni
Reply With Quote
Old May 07, 2011, 11:39 PM
FLY HARD OR FLY HOME TO MUMMY
jb0005's Avatar
Joined Jan 2011
195 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qtop View Post
Stock prop sucks. Try a 9x6 Master Airscrew (3 blade). Damn she will fly. Vertical unlimited no problem at all. Stock motor holds fine with that prop.
Used a 2200 3cell. After 9 minuts brought the plane down, with still 43 % left in the battery

My meter died, so if somebody has the same prop please please please I want to know how much amps it pulls.
is this a common prop, should it be available at my local hobby shop? if its a special order where did you get it? i'm keen to give this a try
jb0005 is offline Find More Posts by jb0005
Reply With Quote
Old May 07, 2011, 11:39 PM
Registered User
tallflyer's Avatar
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Jul 2002
6,364 Posts
Ok so here is what I did or did not do to my plane
changed all the control rods
changed the stock prop to a APC 1047
tacked the cowl on with some very small drops of hot glue
added a latch for the battry door
taped in the Aileron Servos
added a small velcro straping system to hold the battery in place


the rest of the plane is stock no changes.

battery used will be a 2200 mah (25C) and a 2200 mah (20c) 3 cell pack

Stayed tunned for Video in the Morning....
tallflyer is online now Find More Posts by tallflyer
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: New GoPro Hero3+ Black Edition
Reply With Quote
Old May 07, 2011, 11:51 PM
high flyer
stalyoni's Avatar
Sydney, Australia
Joined May 2008
3,143 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallflyer View Post
Ok so here is what I did or did not do to my plane
changed all the control rods
changed the stock prop to a APC 1047
tacked the cowl on with some very small drops of hot glue
added a latch for the battry door
taped in the Aileron Servos
added a small velcro straping system to hold the battery in place


the rest of the plane is stock no changes.

battery used will be a 2200 mah (25C) and a 2200 mah (20c) 3 cell pack

Stayed tunned for Video in the Morning....
all i can say is i hope it doesnt let the smoke out like mine did.

Good luck with the maiden.
stalyoni is offline Find More Posts by stalyoni
Reply With Quote
Old May 07, 2011, 11:57 PM
Registered User
Joined May 2005
116 Posts
yeah good luck, cant wait to see the video. i have some apc 1047 props in my spare parts bin. let me know how it works for ya, hope the motor holds up.
thead is online now Find More Posts by thead
Reply With Quote
Old May 07, 2011, 11:57 PM
JOHN 3:16
Sammy70's Avatar
Central Ohio
Joined Feb 2008
6,302 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallflyer View Post
Ok so here is what I did or did not do to my plane
changed all the control rods
changed the stock prop to a APC 1047


Yea, good luck on the maiden voyage...

How many amps does it draw with that prop? If it's more than around 17-20a the motor will be a ticking time-bomb in my opinion.

I hope you check before flying it...
Sammy70 is offline Find More Posts by Sammy70
Reply With Quote
Old May 07, 2011, 11:59 PM
high flyer
stalyoni's Avatar
Sydney, Australia
Joined May 2008
3,143 Posts
yeah i would be a little concerned about running that prop on that esc and motor. Have you not seen that 9 out of 10 people stock motors have failed so far.
stalyoni is offline Find More Posts by stalyoni
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion HobbyKing Dolphin Micro Sport Glider EPO, 555mm (PNF) e_lm_70 Micro Ready-to-Fly 108 Jul 09, 2014 02:23 AM
Sold Eflite Extra 260 3D 480 apex Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 3 Oct 27, 2012 11:14 PM
Discussion New HobbyKing warehouse in the USA. Bilbobaker Vendor Talk 116 Jun 03, 2011 09:48 PM
Alert Lipos in stock at HobbyKing USA Warehouse Mikemynameis Batteries and Chargers 181 Jan 26, 2011 06:40 PM
Discussion HobbyKing USA warehouse. neck Gilbert Quiet Flyers (Arizona) 43 Nov 20, 2010 12:48 AM