Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
This thread is privately moderated by porcia83, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Apr 20, 2011, 09:30 PM
Suspended Account
United States, CT, Hartford
Joined Jun 2009
5,336 Posts
Cool
New T-28 for Formation Flying

Well, I think it's cool at least....

New T-29 that's had a some paint and electronics overhaul. This was the gray paint scheme. Went with bright white Krylon short cut paints, 3 cans. The dots are craft store neon colors, about 6 coats. Then two coats of poly although for some reason the wings got a bit yellowy after the paint job. Still plenty bright I think.

Upgraded to a 40 amp esc and Turnigy 1100 kv motor that should make between 400-600 watts depending on battery use.

I picked up another plane from at my club and plant he same makeover as here with the exception of the paint job. This new one will be bright yellow with red or orange flames, not 100% sure on that.

My hope is to get two of these in the air for some formation flying. I just need a willing partner that is (yes, I'm hinting at you Stefan).
porcia83 is offline Find More Posts by porcia83
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
to remove ads between posts
Old May 02, 2011, 04:08 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jun 2009
5,336 Posts
Had the maiden flight this weekend. Went with the stock prop but it clearly can't handle full throttle. Pretty good flight overall. Used a 14.8 2200 30c battery and it was very fast, but never got more than half throttle. I'll need a 10/6 apc to get this done right.
Old May 30, 2011, 11:53 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Jun 2009
5,336 Posts
converting this to a modified pylon racer...more to come shortly.