SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Apr 20, 2011, 09:52 AM
Joined Dec 2005
716 Posts
Gallery
Back from flying Chris Golds RAF VC10 tanker-Fanjet USA jetapult.

Hello guys,
I'm just back from my first flight of Chris's VC10,bought it off him last year,everything went very well and it was my first bungee launch and went off with no drama. Here are some photo's.
redtail is offline Find More Posts by redtail
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 20, 2011, 10:19 AM
EDF all the way!
Gilbert, Az
Joined Jun 1999
8,042 Posts
Looks good in the air.
Bob
bruff is offline Find More Posts by bruff
Old Apr 20, 2011, 10:39 AM
Joined Dec 2005
716 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruff View Post
Looks good in the air.
Bob
Thanks Bob,
It also has a couple of RAF Jaguars which are towed on the refuelling pods - will do that next flight.
Old Apr 20, 2011, 03:35 PM
Lincolnshire, UK
Joined Oct 2009
522 Posts
Nice one, looks beautifully finished. How did the AAR pods cope with the landing?
Si Goodchild is offline Find More Posts by Si Goodchild
Old Apr 20, 2011, 03:48 PM
Joined Dec 2005
716 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Si Goodchild View Post
Nice one, looks beautifully finished. How did the AAR pods cope with the landing?
Hi Si,
One pod did break away so will reinforce the the pylons and see how they stand up. Looking forward to attaching the the Jaguars for a in flight refuelling sortie lol !
Old Apr 27, 2011, 09:56 AM
Joined Apr 2002
1,860 Posts
here is one I took earlier

One from the library
Robert May is offline Find More Posts by Robert May
Old Apr 27, 2011, 11:42 AM
Joined Dec 2005
716 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert May View Post
One from the library
Hi Robert,
You must have been with Chris when he first flew the VC10,remember the photo in QEFI last year I will attach the Jaguars next flight out,must say she flies very well was nervous about the bungee launch but all went well. I have always loved the VC10 which I consider to be the most elegant jet airliner of that era. When Chris said he was selling her I jumped at the chance to purchase the plane,it was also a great pleasure to meet Him and Laurie,he's a very talented man.
Old Apr 27, 2011, 11:56 AM
Joined Apr 2002
1,860 Posts
He certainly is talented and if you have been up to Hideaway you will have received a very warm and generous welcome.

I have done Chris's still photos for coming up 20 years now and have a fair library of succeses and failures. The VC-10 shot with the Jaguars is still one of my favourites.

You don't have to be nervous of the bugee launch, she is flying before the stretch gives up.
PM me an email address and I will send the orginal jpeg (3mb) just in case you want a big one for a frame or desktop wallpaper.

best regards
Robert May is offline Find More Posts by Robert May
Old Apr 27, 2011, 12:10 PM
Joined Dec 2005
716 Posts
Quote:
He certainly is talented and if you have been up to Hideaway you will have received a very warm and generous welcome.

I have done Chris's still photos for coming up 20 years now and have a fair library of succeses and failures. The VC-10 shot with the Jaguars is still one of my favourites.

You don't have to be nervous of the bugee launch, she is flying before the stretch gives up.
PM me an email address and I will send the orginal jpeg (3mb) just in case you want a big one for a frame or desktop wallpaper.

best regards
Thanks Robert,that would be excellent ! My email address is pauljet57@aol.com My friend from work Colin Wood takes my photo's we both work in ATC at Swanick,London Air Traffic Control Centre. My girlfriend and I went to Hideaway to pick up the plane we had a lovely afternoon with Chris and Laurie.Here is a photo taken of my Hunter by Colin.
Old Apr 27, 2011, 12:14 PM
KingtechUSA
Tampa FL
Joined Apr 2009
2,878 Posts
Quote:
One from the library
Man what great detail. Very good build!
gunradd is online now Find More Posts by gunradd
Old Apr 27, 2011, 08:12 PM
United States, MO, Warrensburg
Joined Feb 2008
2,260 Posts
That is pretty cool, very unique and a nice change from most EDFs! plus you bungee launch it, wow.
Jetnfast is offline Find More Posts by Jetnfast
Old Apr 28, 2011, 03:34 AM
Joined Dec 2005
716 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetnfast View Post
That is pretty cool, very unique and a nice change from most EDFs! plus you bungee launch it, wow.
Thanks Jetnfast,I'm not a bungee virgin any more lol ! I'm working on a HET F104 now my next bungee jet.
Old Aug 07, 2012, 05:16 AM
Joined Aug 2012
47 Posts
Hi there. I am just about to finish building to Chris Golds VC10 plan. Was keen to get your views on why you ended up rigging up engines 2 and 3 and engines 1 and 4 through two separate channels (slaving one channel to the other). In Chris's plan he talks of yoking all 4 esc to one throttle plug and cutting the red wires on 3 of the 4 escs. I don't think this worked for you. Thoughts on why before I dive in with the soldering iron? Cheers
Rt737 is offline Find More Posts by Rt737
Old Aug 07, 2012, 04:05 PM
Joined Dec 2005
716 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rt737 View Post
Hi there. I am just about to finish building to Chris Golds VC10 plan. Was keen to get your views on why you ended up rigging up engines 2 and 3 and engines 1 and 4 through two separate channels (slaving one channel to the other). In Chris's plan he talks of yoking all 4 esc to one throttle plug and cutting the red wires on 3 of the 4 escs. I don't think this worked for you. Thoughts on why before I dive in with the soldering iron? Cheers
Hi,well done on building the VC10 by Chris Gold ! I will have a look at my VC10 and get back to reference the wiring,will take some photo's too to help you out. What colour scheme are you doing yours in BOAC by any chance ?
Paul
Old Aug 07, 2012, 08:38 PM
Joined Aug 2012
47 Posts
That would be fantastic thanks. Yes - finishing the model in BOAC livery. Its a good plan: relatively simple but ingenious. Will post photos once complete and may commit to a description of the build (with photos) if time permits.

Thanks for your help.
Rt737 is offline Find More Posts by Rt737