HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 19, 2011, 03:53 PM
Joined Apr 2011
8 Posts
Help!
Fly Sky TH9X problem

Greetings everyone,
Recently I bought a Fly Sky FS-TH9X remote control device with 8 channel receiver in purpose to manage some animatronics. But sun I realize that isnít completely functional, in fact channel 6 is completely useless. Well Iím completely new to remote controls and there is possibility that doing something wrong, but simply what ever I try yield no success.
At least I come upon RC Groups.com where you people really understand those things and I havenít other choice but to ask for help. Any help will be appreciated, especially if someone could tell how to fix that bug.
Thanks in advanceÖ
neradnick is offline Find More Posts by neradnick
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 19, 2011, 05:12 PM
Suspended Account
Bucharest, ROMANIA
Joined Mar 2010
835 Posts
Hi,
Do you have another receiver available? Easiest thing to do would be to test the radio with a known good receiver.
Gerula is offline Find More Posts by Gerula
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Apr 20, 2011, 12:31 AM
Joined Apr 2011
8 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerula View Post
Hi,
Do you have another receiver available? Easiest thing to do would be to test the radio with a known good receiver.
Thanx Gerula, well I tested it with three different receivers so itís definitely transmitter issue, also when I use ďDISPLAYĒ function all bars are moving according stick/lever movement except channel 6 / ďFLPĒ bar.
Old Apr 21, 2011, 07:28 AM
Joined Apr 2011
8 Posts
Did I put that thread in wrong topic or nobody have even a clue?
Old Apr 21, 2011, 08:10 AM
Suspended Account
Bucharest, ROMANIA
Joined Mar 2010
835 Posts
I'm not familiar with this Tx. If it offers you the possibility to realocate channels, try and realocate channel 6 to a different stick or switch.

The 9x is known to have poor quality switches, so it's worth a try. If the channel works when alocated to a different switch, open the Tx and see if you don't have a loose wire or something like that on the malfunctioning switch.
Old Apr 21, 2011, 08:18 AM
Slovakia
Joined Apr 2005
3,386 Posts
I have this Tx (purchased just to have some fun by dismantling and perhaps programming atmel chip inside), and I am actualy flying with it.
- however, I did not spent any second trying to understand original firmware, and had "upgraded" it into Erazz custom written ER9x. And as everything works there, I have no idea about Your problem.
So, I cant help any else than just by saying - upgrade yours as soon as possible.
Read here: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1266162
coro is offline Find More Posts by coro
Old Apr 21, 2011, 08:52 AM
Suspended Account
Bucharest, ROMANIA
Joined Mar 2010
835 Posts
I looked at it a bit and upgrading the firmware on the 9x isn't exactly for everyone. The instructions are extremelly clear and easy to follow, but you still need decent soldering skills.
Old Apr 21, 2011, 10:56 AM
Suspended Account
Panorama City, CA
Joined Sep 2004
5,566 Posts
First, you must read the user manual thoroughly to understand its working.
If you are too lazy to read manual, do not depend on others for help.

9X requires that ch. 5, 6, 7, 8 must be activated by you before using any of these channels for each model.

Stick mode must be selected first for eah model, too.

These are things different from other brand radios.

Your servo connected to ch. 6 may be defective. Try another servo.
John Kim is offline Find More Posts by John Kim
Old Apr 21, 2011, 05:58 PM
Joined Apr 2011
8 Posts
Thanks guys,
Well I definitely read that manual more than once, and yes I know that must activate spoken channel to use it (moreover I use all other channels as I wish), and already try to assign every possible switch to chnl6 but without luck so far.
I said before that that’s transmitter issue so doesn’t see how on earth changing servo may solve anything, but in process of determination I tried even that.
Regarding firmware upgrade, soldering ain’t troubling me but don’t have programmer and specially time needed, so that will wait for a while.

I hoped that someone already had/heard/fix similar problem so I can spare some time using others experience but looks that I’ll have to do that on longer way.
Last edited by neradnick; Apr 22, 2011 at 04:17 AM.
Old Apr 22, 2011, 04:58 AM
Joined Apr 2011
8 Posts
I just heading to workshop to cut it open and try to find what can do. Meanwhile I have another question:
Is it by any chance possible to bind/use that TX with some 3 channel receiver i.e. ďFly Sky FS-GR3C GT3B GT2 2.4Ghz 3CH Failsafe ReceiverĒ?
If somebody try this already maybe could share experience.
Old Apr 22, 2011, 05:06 AM
Slovakia
Joined Apr 2005
3,386 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerula View Post
I looked at it a bit and upgrading the firmware on the 9x isn't exactly for everyone. The instructions are extremelly clear and easy to follow, but you still need decent soldering skills.
To make telemetry data access (from Jeti or FrSky module), yes.
But to just change firmware, no.
There exist solderless board that is just pushed onto 9x main pcb (and may stay there forewer, making 9x equiped by USB port for acess from PC, or may be used just for a moment of upgrading, temporary), using "pogo" spring contacts.
Perhaps, someone so kind, may do upgrade using such solderless board for You - it takes few seconds. There is no need to update firmware before each flying day..
Old Apr 23, 2011, 08:19 AM
Joined Apr 2011
8 Posts
Dear friends Iím happy to announce that manage to fix that glitch. Finally open transmitter and carefully re-solder every spot and via on main PCB, especially around microprocessor, after put it all back together make some tests and canít tell how happy I was when find that all work as should.
Thanks every each of those who engage time and knowledge in intention to help.

So thatí solved but question about using FS-TH9X with some 3 channel receiver still remains, could anyone give at least some advice?
Old Apr 23, 2011, 01:25 PM
Suspended Account
Panorama City, CA
Joined Sep 2004
5,566 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by neradnick View Post
Thanks guys,
Well I definitely read that manual more than once, and yes I know that must activate spoken channel to use it (moreover I use all other channels as I wish), and already try to assign every possible switch to chnl6 but without luck so far.
I said before that thatís transmitter issue so doesnít see how on earth changing servo may solve anything, but in process of determination I tried even that.
Regarding firmware upgrade, soldering ainít troubling me but donít have programmer and specially time needed, so that will wait for a while.

I hoped that someone already had/heard/fix similar problem so I can spare some time using others experience but looks that Iíll have to do that on longer way.
Sorry that I told you to read manual. I thought you were a beginner.

I have a corrupt software problem with a particular program in FlySky TX.
Glider Start Offset program does not work.

Is this due to cold solder or corrupt software? What is the cure?
I thought of replacing it with custom firmware advertised.
I cannot do it myself. I must pay a fee for someone to do it for me.
John Kim is offline Find More Posts by John Kim
Old Apr 23, 2011, 05:51 PM
Suspended Account
Bucharest, ROMANIA
Joined Mar 2010
835 Posts
baking the main board at 190 degrees Celsius for 5 minutes (make sure the owen as an accurate thermostat) might cure a lot of problems.

I did that with a laptop video card that suddenly started to display just a black screen and the damn thing worked flawlessly for me two more years and another 3 (until present day) for a guy I sold it to.

However, this stunt is just for desperate situations, when you're sure there's no other thing to do. Basically you do exactly what they do at the factory, but since you're lacking adequate equipment there are a lot of things that can go wrong (for example if the temperature is just a few degrees too high you risk losing some tiny smd components in the owen - this can be prevented by putting the PCB on supports and then on some aluminium foil, but if components fall off you still need to figure out what goes where)

Alternativelly, if you own a SMD soldering station, you can turn the air volume close to minimum, put the temperature at 200 and slowly heat the PCB up. But this is far more tedious and you can easily overlook exactly the spot where there's a failling solder.
Old Apr 23, 2011, 11:38 PM
Slovakia
Joined Apr 2005
3,386 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by neradnick View Post
So thatí solved but question about using FS-TH9X with some 3 channel receiver still remains, could anyone give at least some advice?
I had one 3channel rx bound to turnigy 9x few days ago, and working.
But I am sorry I do not know which exactly it was. But it does exist, for sure.
This is it probbably: http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=10625
HK-GT2_RX Hobby King GT-2 2.4Ghz Receiver 3Ch