HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 18, 2011, 06:03 PM
Coventry. England.
Joined Jan 2011
15 Posts
Help!
Confusion with new main gear upgrades for V4.

I notice that the Wasp main gear seems to be have been upgraded. I think, gone is the main gear with the 3 screws WH4-017-1 holding the one way bearing to be replaced ( I think) with a different part WH4-017-2 or WH4-016-2. I think the latter includes the belt drive pulley BUT will this fit the V4 original main shaft or is it a complete heli upgrade including the new airframes WH4-092. Info taken from Skyartec.com.
Max, if you can help it would be greatly appreciated. I'm sure you'lle get you reward in Heaven. (but hopefully, for us, thats a long long way ahead)
vandino is offline Find More Posts by vandino
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 27, 2011, 01:14 PM
United States, MI, Auburn Hills
Joined Dec 2008
833 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vandino View Post
I notice that the Wasp main gear seems to be have been upgraded. I think, gone is the main gear with the 3 screws WH4-017-1 holding the one way bearing to be replaced ( I think) with a different part WH4-017-2 or WH4-016-2. I think the latter includes the belt drive pulley BUT will this fit the V4 original main shaft or is it a complete heli upgrade including the new airframes WH4-092. Info taken from Skyartec.com.
Max, if you can help it would be greatly appreciated. I'm sure you'lle get you reward in Heaven. (but hopefully, for us, thats a long long way ahead)
Sorry for the delay in our response. Yes all of the V3,V4 and Ninja250 products have been upgraded. We will have the listings for the new versions of the main gears and other parts on our site soon. You are correct in that most of the main gear and main shaft and holders will have to be changed. Again we have the current information on the V3 already in place for both the original and the new style; we will follow up soon with the updated new style information for the V4 Belt 250

Regards
Max
Parkflying is offline Find More Posts by Parkflying
Site Sponsor
Old Jun 15, 2011, 04:24 PM
Coventry. England.
Joined Jan 2011
15 Posts
Well I decided to upgrade to the new chassis and there are some problems occurring. For a start, the 2 front servos are now out of line. Completely turning them around puts them in a better line after you remove the servo horns and relocate them BUT then the servo links are wrong. Now this is fine if you can mod. a bit but if your a workshop virgin, I'd stick with the original.
I'm not 100% sure how the main gear fits. I assume the belt pulley just 'grub screws' to the main shaft. I hope it doesn't loosen. It seems very simple to now change the main gear.
Once I've got these servos connected I'll post up the new sizes. It looks to me as the new chassis which is a bit longer, pushes the battery out front more giving a better balance. Now while I'm pretty good at repairing, I'm obviously not very good at flying, I found I was having to push the nose down to balance the heli.
Old Jul 20, 2011, 06:12 PM
Coventry. England.
Joined Jan 2011
15 Posts
Well just a little time after the upgrades I'm having a few problems. I'm burning out the new one way bearings after about an hours flying. I thought maybe I had too much belt tension aftre my tail rotor belt broke in mid flite. My, that was fun.

I've done another mod to my heli. I've taken out the tail servo and mounted it on the tail boom. Now I can adjust the tail rotor without overtightening the belt? How you ask? Well look at the other Skyartec helis. They have a boom mounted servo. I used a pair of servo mounts from a Ninja and a servo rod from a T Rex 250. Job done. Does it work? Yes brilliantly. The heli for some reason is super stable and can be hovered 'hands off'.
Old Jul 21, 2011, 01:11 AM
Joined Dec 2008
833 Posts
Quote:
Well just a little time after the upgrades I'm having a few problems. I'm burning out the new one way bearings after about an hours flying. I thought maybe I had too much belt tension aftre my tail rotor belt broke in mid flite. My, that was fun.

I've done another mod to my heli. I've taken out the tail servo and mounted it on the tail boom. Now I can adjust the tail rotor without overtightening the belt? How you ask? Well look at the other Skyartec helis. They have a boom mounted servo. I used a pair of servo mounts from a Ninja and a servo rod from a T Rex 250. Job done. Does it work? Yes brilliantly. The heli for some reason is super stable and can be hovered 'hands off'.
Sounds like you found a most effective mod to the Skyartec Helicopter.

thanks for your feed back
Max
Site Sponsor
Old Jul 25, 2011, 02:24 PM
Coventry. England.
Joined Jan 2011
15 Posts
I was worried about the balance but its terrific. I thought it would weight the back down but its fine. It also gives the adjustment for the tail rotor irrespective of belt tension.

@ Max. Max, for some reason I'm unable to get on the Parkflying website. I get a strange message. Ive pm'd it cos my emailly is not working.

Any idea why these new one way bearings are failing? 3 so far. I'm gonna contact the company and ask for a few to be sent over FOC, I suppose the translator will fail to convey the problem.
Old Jul 29, 2011, 12:14 AM
Joined Dec 2008
833 Posts
Quote:
I was worried about the balance but its terrific. I thought it would weight the back down but its fine. It also gives the adjustment for the tail rotor irrespective of belt tension.

@ Max. Max, for some reason I'm unable to get on the Parkflying website. I get a strange message. Ive pm'd it cos my emailly is not working.

Any idea why these new one way bearings are failing? 3 so far. I'm gonna contact the company and ask for a few to be sent over FOC, I suppose the translator will fail to convey the problem.
We unblocked your specific IP address. The ISP you use is very insecure and our system blocks many systems for that organization.

Max
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 09, 2011, 10:33 PM
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Nov 2011
327 Posts
it really shouldnt take this much work to change a Main gear.. its a joke, Skyartec support is crap trying to understand their emails back is like trying to decypher the omega code, i cannot believe that you would create a 'NEW' part to replace an old part and have to rebuild your helicopter with a DODGY new frame that requires you to have to change your servo positions, also change your tail boom mount to a mount that slips and does NOT hold tension.... what a freaking joke... I think i will stay with Walkera and CopterX from now on... and to think i only brought this helicopter a few weeks ago and only flown it once.... NOT HAPPY SKYARTEC.

I was very happy with this helicopter.... however i cannot get it set up right now.. due to numerous changes that SKYARTEC do not tell you about i dont think i will be able to get it flying properly again.
andione1983 is online now Find More Posts by andione1983
Last edited by andione1983; Dec 09, 2011 at 10:52 PM.
Old Dec 10, 2011, 12:23 AM
Joined Dec 2008
833 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by andione1983 View Post
it really shouldnt take this much work to change a Main gear.. its a joke, Skyartec support is crap trying to understand their emails back is like trying to decypher the omega code, i cannot believe that you would create a 'NEW' part to replace an old part and have to rebuild your helicopter with a DODGY new frame that requires you to have to change your servo positions, also change your tail boom mount to a mount that slips and does NOT hold tension.... what a freaking joke... I think i will stay with Walkera and CopterX from now on... and to think i only brought this helicopter a few weeks ago and only flown it once.... NOT HAPPY SKYARTEC.

I was very happy with this helicopter.... however i cannot get it set up right now.. due to numerous changes that SKYARTEC do not tell you about i dont think i will be able to get it flying properly again.
We are still working on your last email to us (dec 6th) with dozens of questions. We are working to put together a list of steps. We are the USA Dealer and Distributor. We are sorry for your bad experience dealing with the factory or another dealer. We are trying to help you, even though we are not responsible for your purchases. As a courtesy we are trying to work through your list of questions and will try to answer them as best we can. Part of flying model helicopters is learning how to upgrade and repair them. I will also get the factory to work on a updated guide of the push rod measurements for the newest upgrade
All we can ask is for a little patience with us; we are working 22 hours a day to fill the orders from our current buyers.

We will continue to try to help you with your problems

Regards
Max
www.parkrcmodels.com
Site Sponsor
Old Apr 05, 2012, 08:25 PM
United States, FL, Daytona Beach
Joined Feb 2012
24 Posts
Quote:
I emailed Skyartec and was informed that both the WH4-015-1 and WH4-016-2 are needed to make the transition to the new main gear, which would indicate that the new airframe WH4-092 is not necessary.

Art
Art_P is offline Find More Posts by Art_P
Old Apr 05, 2012, 09:06 PM
Joined Nov 2011
327 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art_P View Post
I emailed Skyartec and was informed that both the WH4-015-1 and WH4-016-2 are needed to make the transition to the new main gear, which would indicate that the new airframe WH4-092 is not necessary.

Art
i had one and attempted the upgrade unsuccessfully. sold that nightmare heli... what a POS buy something that has easily acquired spare parts. align 250 or walkera v200d03 you wont be dissappointed
Old Apr 06, 2012, 04:40 PM
United States, FL, Daytona Beach
Joined Feb 2012
24 Posts
Quote:
i had one and attempted the upgrade unsuccessfully. sold that nightmare heli... what a POS buy something that has easily acquired spare parts. align 250 or walkera v200d03 you wont be dissappointed
Your rants in this forum thread are why I emailed Skyartec. The information I received indicates that the modification that gave you so much trouble (replace airframe) is not necessary, and I certainly hope this is so, because I don't want to go through that. Thanks to Parkflying here in the US, acquiring parts quickly is quite easy.
Art_P is offline Find More Posts by Art_P
Old Apr 06, 2012, 05:03 PM
Joined Nov 2011
327 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art_P View Post
Your rants in this forum thread are why I emailed Skyartec. The information I received indicates that the modification that gave you so much trouble (replace airframe) is not necessary, and I certainly hope this is so, because I don't want to go through that. Thanks to Parkflying here in the US, acquiring parts quickly is quite easy.
ok. well good luck with it. I just didnt hqve the patience to wait months for information on an upgrade which didnt exist at the time. Someone was supposed to get back to me about ir with instructions and exactly what mods etc are required but that was 3-4 months ago.... still have not had a responce. so i ended up selling as is.... currently very happy flying a walkera 200 cp heli flybarless. easy to repair and replace bits.... i would imagine a align and align clones would be a good option also..... if your skyartec turns to crap. but good luck
Old Apr 06, 2012, 11:57 PM
Joined Dec 2008
833 Posts
Quote:
ok. well good luck with it. I just didnt hqve the patience to wait months for information on an upgrade which didnt exist at the time. Someone was supposed to get back to me about ir with instructions and exactly what mods etc are required but that was 3-4 months ago.... still have not had a responce. so i ended up selling as is.... currently very happy flying a walkera 200 cp heli flybarless. easy to repair and replace bits.... i would imagine a align and align clones would be a good option also..... if your skyartec turns to crap. but good luck
Since our discussions and your many and numerous questions we have rebuilt several of these with the upgrade frame kits. Models and Products change. With those changes come improvements. While we do have a supply of the upgrade kits, for the most part, these are no longer available to order from the factory. The change over to the new style has been underway for about a year now. Many users that had issues with the upgrade frame kits simply did not use the correct new versions of the main shaft, bearing holders and new main gear and pulley system. The boom holder is also greatly improved and holds the boom more securely.

To be precise. You must completely rebuild the helicopter if you use the new frame kit to upgrade to allow the original version to use the new main shaft, main gear, belt pulley, rotor holders and tail boom holder. We discourage most of the buyers of these helicopters from attempting this rebuild. We still have a supply of the original parts and should be able to support the original product line for some time to come.

The Instructions online in PDF form have exploded views that can be enlarged to better see the positions of the parts.

With that said, a big part of the RC Helicopter Hobby is learing how to build, rebuild and repair your helicopter.

No amount of emails can walk anyone through the complete rebuild of any helicopter.

Buying an Align or similiar helicopter is a totally different experience. Many of the best Align Helicopters do not come pre-built. You buy a small "box - o parts" and build it from scratch. That is how you learn to fix and rebuild it.

Building EACH Skyartec Helicopter from parts take the factory 9 hours per helicopter (3 people working 3 hours to be exact)

We support thousands of our direct customers to the best of our ablilty. As a kind courtesy, we TRY to offer assistance to buyers who gave their purchase money to another dealer and find themselves without support from that dealer. Often we simply have to give, of our limited time, the priority to our existing customer base, as they are the ones that support us with the revenue from their sales.
Regarding our help to you; we did the best we could. You acquired the "pile" of parts (as you put it in one of your emails) but why didn't the dealer that supplied you with those parts come to your aid with help on these issues? Part of all revenue a dealer receives has to cover the support of those products.

If you are angry, take it out on the dealer that did not try to give any type of support for the products that you bought. As with any product it has strengths and weaknesses.

You can go to the forums here on walkera and some of the align clones and you will see the same issues and discussions you have raised about Skyartec.

You are perfectly entitled to your opinion. Just remember, opinions are like
A**Holes; everyone has one and they all stink!

Max
www.parkrcmodels.com
Site Sponsor
Last edited by Parkflying; Apr 07, 2012 at 12:04 AM.
Old Apr 07, 2012, 12:04 AM
Joined Nov 2011
327 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parkflying View Post
Since our discussions and your many and numerous questions we have rebuilt several of these with the upgrade frame kits. Models and Products change. With those changes come improvements. While we do have a supply of the upgrade kits, for the most part, these are no longer available to order from the factory. The change over to the new style has been underway for about a year now. Many users that had issues with the upgrade frame kits simply did not use the correct new versions of the main shaft, bearing holders and new main gear and pulley system. The boom holder is also greatly improved and holds the boom more securely.

To be precise. You must completely rebuild the helicopter if you use the new frame kit to upgrade to allow the original version to use the new main shaft, main gear, belt pulley, rotor holders and tail boom holder.

The Instructions online in PDF form have exploded views that can be enlarged to better see the positions of the parts.

No amount of emails can walk anyone through the complete rebuild of any helicopter.

We support thousands of our direct customers to the best of our ablilty. As a kind courtesy, we TRY to offer assistance to buyers who gave their purchase money to another dealer and find themselves without support from that dealer. Often we simply have to give, of our limited time, the priority to our existing customer base, as they are the ones that support us.
Regarding our help to you; we did the best we could. You aquired the "pile" of parts (as you put it in one of your emails) but why didn't the dealer that supplied you with those parts come to your aid with help on these issues? Part of all revenue a dealer receives has to cover the support of those products.

If you are angry, take it out on the dealer that did not try to give any type of support for the products that you bought. As with any product it has strengths and weaknesses.

You can go to the forums here on walkera and some of the align clones and you will see the same issues and discussions you have raised about Skyartec.

You are perfectly entitled to your opinion. Just remember, opinions are like
A**Holes; everyone has one and they all stink!

Max
www.parkrcmodels.com
thanks. i highly respect your company for what you have done and i understand that some of these asian companies are very difficult to deal with. maybe my comments has speed up the progress if documentation being put together for the guys that still want to perservere with this model. good luck and thanks for your help.