HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 18, 2011, 02:57 PM
United States, OR, Roseburg
Joined Apr 2011
95 Posts
Discussion
Why was HobbyZone Firebird Freedom RTF dicontinued?

My 9 year old daughter is looking to move up from her Ember 2 and I found the HobbyZone Firebird Freedom RTF. I like the idea of having 3 channels and drop module capability but it has apparently been discontinued. Does anyone know why? I looked at the Firebird Commander 2 RTF but it is only 2 channels. Any other suggestions on 3 channel planes with drop option? Should I consider buying the Freedom on ebay??
cschrein is online now Find More Posts by cschrein
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 18, 2011, 03:03 PM
Birmingham (UK)
Joined Sep 2010
342 Posts
The HobbyZone Super Cub LP is a 3ch plane with an X-Port drop option.

It's an excellent plane, and IMHO is far better than any of the Firebird models even for a young child.

As well as being a proper plane which can easily take off from grass, it can also handle a breeze. Plus, you get a 2.4 GHz radio system.

Link: http://www.hobbyzonesports.com/Produ...ProdID=HBZ7380
ulogix is offline Find More Posts by ulogix
Last edited by ulogix; Apr 18, 2011 at 03:19 PM.
Old Apr 19, 2011, 07:15 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Jul 2006
22,991 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cschrein View Post
My 9 year old daughter is looking to move up from her Ember 2 and I found the HobbyZone Firebird Freedom RTF. I like the idea of having 3 channels and drop module capability but it has apparently been discontinued. Does anyone know why? I looked at the Firebird Commander 2 RTF but it is only 2 channels. Any other suggestions on 3 channel planes with drop option? Should I consider buying the Freedom on ebay??
The Firebird Freedom had arguably the worst reputation for beginner planes ever. Do a search for it here on RCG. You'll be amazed at the number of dissatisfied owners.
NoFlyZone is offline Find More Posts by NoFlyZone
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)