HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by impostor, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Apr 18, 2011, 11:05 AM
Renegade Eggroll
USA, IL, Chicago
Joined Jan 2011
788 Posts
Discussion
It's a crap shoot with Bananna Hobby

Last week, I ordered some parts (from BH) for a broken F-22 FIY jet that someone gave me. It's been 6 days and the order status still showing shipping 2-3 days. I posted in their RCG forum asking for a status. I emailed them asking for a status. Nothing but silence. I've going to give it 10 days and then file a complaint with Paypal and hopefully get my money back. Isn't taking someone's money without delivering the promised products stealing and is against the law?
impostor is offline Find More Posts by impostor
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 18, 2011, 01:54 PM
flypiggyfly...ya ya
USA, WI, Sturgeon Bay
Joined Apr 2009
116 Posts
Ya, they suck! I ordered one of their little edf jets from them and got an AT6 from them instead...they said in a email that they wouldn't have the jets in stock for a long time and wanted me to at least get something and recommended it. What a piece of crap and they said they could tell that I had spent a lot of time looking at the AT6, how they do that I do not know. I took it out to our flying site and made a big deal about getting a new plane and just as a bunch of guys were coming over to look at my new plane, I made it look like an accident and ran it over with my wheelchair busting it all to pieces. I was laughing so hard I had tears coming down my face and they thought I was crying. I drove over it over and over again til there was nothing left of it, cheap radio and all. I don't even go to their site after all that!
wizzinbya is offline Find More Posts by wizzinbya
Old Apr 18, 2011, 03:04 PM
Renegade Eggroll
USA, IL, Chicago
Joined Jan 2011
788 Posts
I got an email reply from BH today saying that since I ordered on the 12th, and that they don't work on the weekend, it'll ship out today or tomorrow. Keeping my fingers crossed...
Old Apr 18, 2011, 11:09 PM
Boomer1
United States, CA, Temecula
Joined Sep 2009
3,497 Posts
I have purchased one plane from Banana Hobbies, which the transaction was without incident. The plane is a Sky Surfer and has become a very popular plane in our club. I think there is 6 of them now, each of those deals was without incident as well.

I am not recommending them, just reporting my own first hand experience. They are located somewhere in the LA area, so I am in driving distance from them, so if I had a significant problem with a transaction, I'd drop by their office (which is most likely a residence) to find out what was going on.

There is another company that seems very much like BH, called Nitro. Same area code, same kind of poor customer service attitude. By that I mean, they rarely answer their phones, or respond to e-mail inquiries. Not sure if they are related or if they just went to the same school to learn how not to do business.

I have issues with HobbyKing as well. Now there is a tribe of idots for sure. The problem is that these guys have some good stuff mixed in with some not so good items. Question is how do you know until it is too late, and what can you do if it is junk?

This kind of thing seems to go along with cheap prices. I have had good luck with Tower and Horizon Hobbies so, if they are close on price I'll go with them before I buy from these low ball guys.

Good luck. Boomer
Boomer1 is offline Find More Posts by Boomer1
Old Apr 19, 2011, 07:29 AM
Renegade Eggroll
USA, IL, Chicago
Joined Jan 2011
788 Posts
I noticed a trend with BH based on people's feedback. If you're anywhere in CA, you get great service. If you're not, then it's a crap shoot. I've avoided BH for a while now bc of all the complaints against them, but I had to order these parts bc they have them in stock (supposedly). Now it looks like it's my mistake...