HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 14, 2012, 01:24 PM
Norway
Joined Sep 2008
232 Posts
Nano RX

Alpina Magic 4.4m RC glider. First flight. HD (5 min 53 sec)

Using Nano RX, Amazing product....
Not a glitch ever, with Nano or other XPS products....
Doffen24 is offline Find More Posts by Doffen24
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 21, 2012, 10:12 AM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,910 Posts
That was great!!
JimDrew is offline Find More Posts by JimDrew
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 21, 2012, 06:19 PM
Launceston Arpt, Tasmania, Australia
Joined Jan 2004
564 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doffen24 View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vyV5LT2gdXI

Using Nano RX, Amazing product....
Not a glitch ever, with Nano or other XPS products....
where can I buy a valley like that? do they ship worldwide?
E_ferret is offline Find More Posts by E_ferret
Old Jul 22, 2012, 03:22 PM
Norway
Joined Sep 2008
232 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by E_ferret View Post
where can I buy a valley like that? do they ship worldwide?
It is certainly one of a kind. All north-wind directions are directed towards the hill we are on, pressing all air up the hang. Even when it is moderat wind it can be possible to fly large planes due to the wind is pressed together by the moutains, causing it to increesing speed.....
Doffen24 is offline Find More Posts by Doffen24
Old Jul 26, 2012, 09:54 AM
Joined Jun 2009
73 Posts
I have a question again about range check. I installed a Nano in my Chrysalis EP glider last week and did a range check in my back yard approx 110' and all seemed ok. out to the flying site I tried it again just to be sure and had problems with the signal and it seems that anytime I get to my maximum distance back probably 100' plus and point the antennae at my model I get no reponse and since I like to fly holding my transmitter with the antennae pointing to the model I may have a problem. I tried holding the transmitter so the antennae was sideways just to be sure but that is very uncomfortable. can I bend my ant to the side at 90 degrees? I'm asking because I know that these ant are very fragile from past expereince. I did fly but one attempt because I think I was losing some control and got nervouse. If someone is going to say dont fly with a bad RF check then whats the point of having XPS systems if they do not work. I have had problems before. When I fly my MP8K on FM no problems. If I stand close to my models say 50' I have good reception and range check.
CraigaSOARus54 is offline Find More Posts by CraigaSOARus54
Old Jul 26, 2012, 11:48 AM
The Villages, Florida
Joined May 2003
494 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigaSOARus54 View Post
I have a question again about range check. I installed a Nano in my Chrysalis EP glider last week and did a range check in my back yard approx 110' and all seemed ok. out to the flying site I tried it again just to be sure and had problems with the signal and it seems that anytime I get to my maximum distance back probably 100' plus and point the antennae at my model I get no reponse and since I like to fly holding my transmitter with the antennae pointing to the model I may have a problem. I tried holding the transmitter so the antennae was sideways just to be sure but that is very uncomfortable. can I bend my ant to the side at 90 degrees? I'm asking because I know that these ant are very fragile from past expereince. I did fly but one attempt because I think I was losing some control and got nervouse. If someone is going to say dont fly with a bad RF check then whats the point of having XPS systems if they do not work. I have had problems before. When I fly my MP8K on FM no problems. If I stand close to my models say 50' I have good reception and range check.
Craig,

Flying your model (s) with the antenna pointed directly at the model is bad business..... I think (but not sure) the same holds true for 72.

The signal pattern coming off the tip of the antenna would look like an oval racetrack if you could see it.... strongest at the turns and weak in the center.... That's probably why you are seeing a loss of signal when the antenna is pointed directly at the model.

Fear not, though, cause your antenna has a hinge point, does it not ???

Just swivel the antenna to the side and lower the top section above the hinge point so that the tip of the antenna is pointing sideways. It will be at about a 45 degree angle or so.....

This way, you can point your transmitter directly at the model like you're used to and the model will be receiving the strongest signal possible from the SIDE of the antenna vs the TIP......

It does take a little to get used to not having that long 72 antenna sticking way out but you'll get used to it.

See pic below to see what I mean...
JuanRodriguez is online now Find More Posts by JuanRodriguez
Old Jul 26, 2012, 01:12 PM
Joined Jun 2009
73 Posts
Thank You Juan, I think I became spoiled buy the rubber ducky antennae I use with the FM module in my MP8K. It is just the opposite as I understand and most radiation is out the end of it. My XPS module does have a hinge point in the ant. but the mounting of the ant is on the module and the module is located on the back of my MP8K so I was concerned that the ant about 1/3 is behind the transmitter case. I will try bending the ant and try again next time out at the field. Thanks again
Craig
CraigaSOARus54 is offline Find More Posts by CraigaSOARus54
Old Sep 02, 2012, 12:43 PM
Joined Jan 2012
15 Posts
How would you place two nano's on a smartfly powerbox as the signal wires are very short on the smartfly?
I want to use this in a 200cc plane.
Does someone have pictures?
INDIZA is offline Find More Posts by INDIZA
Old Sep 03, 2012, 01:21 AM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,910 Posts
You don't need/want the Smart Fly. The Nanos will handle any servos you might have, including HV types. There are some threads here showing the installation of Nanos in large 3D aircraft (including a 50% Yak55).
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 03, 2012, 06:39 PM
↓↘→ + (punch)
central PA.
Joined Sep 2004
20,201 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by INDIZA View Post
How would you place two nano's on a smartfly powerbox as the signal wires are very short on the smartfly?
I want to use this in a 200cc plane.
Does someone have pictures?

...I've used a nano on a smartfly as is to get me through a weekend, the antenna barely reached the sides of the smartfly... but more more piece of mind, getting them up and away from everything with signal wire extensions + rx power is worth doing. What little use of smartfly's I've had they have been fine, but Jim has experience with smrtfly's to suggest skipping them all together... all my personal planes use DIY power harnesses.

here's a pic of nano's with signal wire extensions + separate Rx power wires...

...this setup will become easier still when XPS's 10 channel breakout board is released...
theKM is offline Find More Posts by theKM
Old Sep 04, 2012, 12:51 AM
Joined Jan 2012
15 Posts
You don't need/want the Smart Fly. The Nanos will handle any servos you might have, including HV types. There are some threads here showing the installation of Nanos in large 3D aircraft (including a 50% Yak55).

Jim, how will I do servo matching?
INDIZA is offline Find More Posts by INDIZA
Old Sep 04, 2012, 05:34 AM
USA, VA, Narrows
Joined Mar 2009
1,494 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by INDIZA View Post

Jim, how will I do servo matching?
Here are the pictures that i couldn't get on the pm.
skippy78 is online now Find More Posts by skippy78
Old Sep 04, 2012, 08:32 AM
Joined Jul 2006
784 Posts
When using a Nano master/slave setup, do the two receivers need to be separated by a minimum distance?
rmr24 is offline Find More Posts by rmr24
Old Sep 04, 2012, 11:59 AM
↓↘→ + (punch)
central PA.
Joined Sep 2004
20,201 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmr24 View Post
When using a Nano master/slave setup, do the two receivers need to be separated by a minimum distance?
as is practical, at least a few inches...
theKM is offline Find More Posts by theKM
Old Sep 05, 2012, 02:53 PM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,910 Posts
Servo matching is done using our XDP. You can change the direction of the servo and have an offset for every channel.

You should separate the tips of the antenna wires by a few inches.
RCG Plus Member