SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jul 20, 2011, 12:57 AM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,937 Posts
What I meant is that manufacturers are trying to get the servo electronics to operate as low as possible. This way, when a voltage sag occurs, the servo doesn't have to reboot.
JimDrew is offline Find More Posts by JimDrew
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 20, 2011, 09:54 PM
Joined Dec 2006
1,170 Posts
OK thanks for the clarification.
GhostRider32 is offline Find More Posts by GhostRider32
Old Jul 21, 2011, 12:18 AM
↓↘→ + (punch)
central PA.
Joined Sep 2004
20,246 Posts
103" Extra, guided by a single Nano...

(admittedly the plane doesn't get very far away in this particular video )

Front Yard Hucktacular! - 103" Extra (8 min 4 sec)
theKM is offline Find More Posts by theKM
Old Jul 21, 2011, 12:52 AM
Pusher jets rule!
Mesa, AZ
Joined Jan 2006
17,664 Posts
Hucking in the front yard. Nice!

Pat
crxmanpat is offline Find More Posts by crxmanpat
Old Jul 26, 2011, 08:01 PM
AMA # L576
United States, OR, North Bend
Joined Sep 2006
2,227 Posts
I just installed two of these. One in a GP Super Sportster EP. And another in a Multiplex Easy Glider Pro in the canopy. Tiny enough to go in there.
vhoward1122 is offline Find More Posts by vhoward1122
Old Jul 30, 2011, 08:46 AM
Australia, VIC, Creswick
Joined May 2007
497 Posts
I have a nano installed in a double carbon F3F sailplane that I maidened today.

It has a 2.4 friendly nose but there is still a good bit of carbon in there though.

In range testing I couldn't get any more than 20 to 25 meters away with the button pressed in.

As Jim states that you should get 125 feet (about 40 meters) I was a bit worried about flying it.

So with a helper I drove as far away as I could get on the slope about 650 meters, at this range I could just see the plane, and all surfaces worked perfectly.

We then threw several thousand dollars worth of glider off the slope confident in the amazing range of these tiny receivers, what a truly awesome product!

It is the smallest thing in the airframe hardly bigger than a postage stamp, bring on the rest of the new receivers.

regards Daryl
Daryl Wallis57 is offline Find More Posts by Daryl Wallis57
Old Jul 30, 2011, 01:08 PM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,937 Posts
Wow! Thanks for the feedback, Daryl!
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 02, 2011, 04:04 PM
Joined Sep 2006
42 Posts
How are you installing the nano in a car radio box? I have been using the old 6 ch park flyer with no antenna and would like to upgrade to the nano. The boxes are tight to keep the antenna 2 in away from anything.
Beechtech is offline Find More Posts by Beechtech
Old Aug 03, 2011, 02:09 AM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,937 Posts
The car guys are putting them in the radio box flat and bending both wires straight up. I think you could fold them over and still have more than enough range for cars.
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 03, 2011, 12:00 PM
AMA # L576
Joined Sep 2006
2,227 Posts
While there is nothing functional wrong with the nano's, I wish there was clear shrink wrap/tube over the label as the label comes off way too easily when a piece of velcro is applied to mount the rx. Doesn't have to be over the pins, just over the thin part.
Old Aug 03, 2011, 01:07 PM
iva
Vancouver Harbour Sp, Canada
Joined Jan 2001
539 Posts
There is a simple solution to that problem. If you have any heat shrink tubing material, cut a strip 1/2 " wide. Apply some contact cement like you would if you were making a tube with overlapped edges. Let the cement dry, wrap the bend/strip around rx, heat shrink, apply velcro. I believe that applying a solid tube would be a bit tricky because it would have to be quite a bit bigger to clear the connector block or you would have to bend the antennas.
iva is offline Find More Posts by iva
Old Aug 03, 2011, 04:04 PM
Joined Sep 2006
42 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimDrew View Post
The car guys are putting them in the radio box flat and bending both wires straight up. I think you could fold them over and still have more than enough range for cars.
Thx, I will order some up.
Beechtech is offline Find More Posts by Beechtech
Old Aug 03, 2011, 05:16 PM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,937 Posts
Most people I know just remove the labels and stick velcro to the PCB. We have to include the label - it has the FCC/IC/CE information.
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 03, 2011, 06:59 PM
Launceston Arpt, Tasmania, Australia
Joined Jan 2004
564 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by iva View Post
There is a simple solution to that problem. If you have any heat shrink tubing material, cut a strip 1/2 " wide. Apply some contact cement like you would if you were making a tube with overlapped edges. Let the cement dry, wrap the bend/strip around rx, heat shrink, apply velcro. I believe that applying a solid tube would be a bit tricky because it would have to be quite a bit bigger to clear the connector block or you would have to bend the antennas.
There is such thing as 3 to 1 shrink, also low temperature, ultra thin and with inner contact adhesive. Unfortunately not all at the same time.
E_ferret is offline Find More Posts by E_ferret
Old Aug 03, 2011, 08:24 PM
AMA # L576
Joined Sep 2006
2,227 Posts
You can also stretch shrink tubing quite a bit before it breaks, then when heat is applied it will shrink down to what ever size it is meant to shrink to.

Jim, It doesn't matter if the label is on? I kind of figured it was for general short circuit protection. No matter how well you think you have secured something, there is always the possibility of it coming loose.