HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by leccyflyer, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Apr 18, 2011, 03:06 AM
All under control, Grommit!
United Kingdom, Aberdeen
Joined Sep 2000
12,674 Posts
Discussion
Spring Fun Fly - April 17th 2011

Yesterday was our club Spring Fun Day and BBQ and with a gorgeous day of sunshine, very light winds and a massive turnout it was the best yet.

There will be videos and pictures to follow, that'll be posted here, once the boy gets them on the system, but I'll put a few in place here.

Some stunning models and brilliant flying and lots of good company, with 52 club members, families and members of the public. The club trainer was in constant use, giving many punters their first taste of RC. For the first two hours flying there wasn't a fixed wing glow model flown, it was all electric and turbines -that wasn't due to any design, or restriction, it was just a reflection of the direction the hobby has progressed.

Balloon bursting and limbo comps followed an excellent BBQ and the sports flying continued all day. There were a few casualties in the Limbo, but in the end it was the limbo poles that came off worst, with the tape at 2 feet!

I finally put the Flycamone in a model, strapped to my Tucano and Tim captured a video of the field, the crowds and some yachts on the river below.

Even the loss of the venerable Ripmax Spitfire at the end of the day didn't put a damper on proceedings and we came home tired and happy after a memorable day. Oh, and I even got a glider too, which is a change for me.

Thanks to everyone at WMC for a brilliant day - still glowing the morning after.
leccyflyer is offline Find More Posts by leccyflyer
to remove ads between posts