Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Apr 16, 2011, 04:42 PM
3 wheeler guy
United States, MS, Flora
Joined Feb 2007
50 Posts
Discussion
I bought some OLD heli's

I am planning to be at the flyin on the 23rd and hope to meet some of the members. I stopped by last saturday but it was a work day and no one was flying

anyway these sold locally so yall may know some of them.

i know nothing about heli's and these are the 1st ones that i have ever owned. any info about them would be nice. I will list what i know so far about them.

this one has a enya 49x model 6160 and i think it is a hirobo cobra

the bell jet ranger has the same mechanics

the bell jet ranger is missing some parts on the rotor and the canopy. it is also a cobra hirobo with a OS max 50

this one has "century" on some of the joints but that is all i can find.

the vario seems very nice. no damage and lots of billet parts. the engine is a OS max SX 61. it looks like it could fly with some new electrics and a clean up.

how can i tell what model it is? i would like to get it flyable.

dont know much about this one but with a new canopy it would be nice
I hope i can get a new canopy
http://model.hirobo.co.jp/products/0412-930/0412930.htm

this one is a kit and not mechanics in a body. the engine is a enya 60x model 7101
the top is missing but otherwise it is pretty decent. I am told it is a heim bell 222

airwolf? the canopy is missing

army body. it is rough but never flown

thunder tiger raptor 30. the frame is the V2 model. i want to learn to fly this one. there are two of them. the engine is a thunder tiger 39 PRO

so any info on these would be nice. I "hope" to fly the raptor and the Vario and maybe sell the rest
SatisTraction is offline Find More Posts by SatisTraction
to remove ads between posts
Old May 05, 2011, 11:43 AM
Madison, MS
Joined Oct 2006
694 Posts
just now saw this, wish you had pm'd me or the club about it. might get joseph to help you or when i get some time after upgrade training i'll help you with them. stay in touch. DJP
dpowellmeii is online now Find More Posts by dpowellmeii
Old May 05, 2011, 12:10 PM
3 wheeler guy
United States, MS, Flora
Joined Feb 2007
50 Posts
thanks. it was good to meet you. I took the raptors apart and i am going through them now. the one has a TT39 pro on it but i think it is shot. I am looking at upgrading it to a 50 while i am at it. so many parts are missing that it will be about the same price in the end. I plan to keep the vario but the rest are going to be sold off.
Old May 05, 2011, 08:08 PM
Madison, MS
Joined Oct 2006
694 Posts
what do you think is wrong with the engine? if it wont turn over its probably just gummed up. this is typical of nitro engine. go by some nitro fuel from hobbytown and soak the engine in it at least overnight and it should almost loosen up. may have to work it a little, try to get the barrel open on the carb, don't force it and take the glow plug out before soaking it.
Old May 05, 2011, 08:23 PM
3 wheeler guy
United States, MS, Flora
Joined Feb 2007
50 Posts
it seems low on compression but not gummed up. i have the raptor all tore down right now and need to order parts for it monday.
Old May 05, 2011, 08:46 PM
Madison, MS
Joined Oct 2006
694 Posts
gonna be a while before i can make it back out to the club as i will be in training. i might be interested in the yellow century parts if your going to get rid of them.
Old May 05, 2011, 08:56 PM
3 wheeler guy
United States, MS, Flora
Joined Feb 2007
50 Posts
i dont plan to keep it. got any RC stuff to trade?
Old May 05, 2011, 09:05 PM
Madison, MS
Joined Oct 2006
694 Posts
what are you looking for?
Old May 05, 2011, 09:09 PM
3 wheeler guy
United States, MS, Flora
Joined Feb 2007
50 Posts
i dont know. LOL. i was going to throw most of it on ebay but i would rather deal local and make some contacts while i am at it. $$$ is fine too but i realy dont know what to ask for it. i could use some flight lessons once i get my AMA stuff back. Oscar is supposed to be sending it off for me.
Old May 05, 2011, 09:19 PM
Madison, MS
Joined Oct 2006
694 Posts
well flight lessons are free. the only thing i might get rid of right now is an ultra sport 60. probably just go the $$$ route. what you looking to get out of it?