HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 14, 2012, 04:08 PM
Joined Oct 2011
230 Posts
....where can I meet such great women? Is there any special dating agency for model pilots?
3D Peter is offline Find More Posts by 3D Peter
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 14, 2012, 09:12 PM
How many planes is too many?
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Aug 2007
3,934 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3D Peter View Post
some days ago I flew my grey mxs in quite strong wind, approx 15-20 mph, and was practicing some sort of stationary rolling harriers, after some minutes of flight I wondered how such a nice flying model was built

due to the big canopy I often had the opportunity to study the fuse structure, but I never had a chance to have a look at the inside of the wing, I was really curious about it and decided to open the wing immediately.

I didnt want to waste time, thus I combined the landing and the disassembly in one step and separated the wingtip from the left wing, I landed about 50 meters away from my position because the soil there was more suitable for such precise operation..........pics tell the rest of this story, enjoy
Nice work Pete. Oh, and your repair job is good too .
groovejet is online now Find More Posts by groovejet
Old Jan 15, 2012, 09:52 AM
Just flitting about!!
Joined Aug 2011
2,637 Posts
Got my maiden today on this little ripper.

Enjoy.

Skywing MXS (9 min 20 sec)
bigroger is offline Find More Posts by bigroger
Old Jan 15, 2012, 11:53 AM
Burke, VA
Joined Sep 2009
5,006 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigroger View Post
Got my maiden today on this little ripper.

Enjoy.

http://vimeo.com/35087896
Nice flying there BR, looks like it would make a nice addition to my fleet. Hopefully 3DHS will come out with the MXS, and soon. I don't mind the price on them here in the US, for me on the east coast it's about the same as the cost from China with the shipping added in.
jetinteriorguy is offline Find More Posts by jetinteriorguy
Old Jan 15, 2012, 04:24 PM
Joined Oct 2011
230 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetinteriorguy View Post
Hopefully 3DHS will come out with the MXS, and soon.
they already did, the 3dh 48" Extra EPP is the Skywing MXS with slightly changed structure

I flew my mxs again today, Id say Im not an addict anymore, now the addiction is gone and Ive fallen in love with it instead

It is such a lovely plane, I couldnt discover no bad habits so far, it flies slow but tracks very nice, does everything I want it to do, is predictable and can take a lot of punishment, except the SFGs, they got damaged quite often.

I used a Hacker A30-16M + APC 12x6" but switched to a Leopard LC3542 920KV with 13x6.5" yesterday, I like the bigger prop setup more because of better hovering and more control in post stall flight.

Pete
Old Jan 15, 2012, 04:35 PM
Joined Oct 2011
230 Posts
great flying BR, what happened to your SFG`s? They dont look like original ones.
Old Jan 15, 2012, 04:39 PM
Just flitting about!!
Joined Aug 2011
2,637 Posts
I cut the SFG's down to size to make them smaller.

When I had the extra300L with the full size SFG's before and felt that they made it effected like a weather vane and it slowed the plane down some.

I didn't notice them at all yesterday, don't know if they had any effect but the guys from 3DHS had sfg's about that size on their Skywing extra300 so I thought I'd try it out.
Old Jan 15, 2012, 05:28 PM
Joined Oct 2011
230 Posts
the smaller sfgs definitely work, please check my pics on previous site, I cut them down as well because I like the look of my smaller sfgs more than the original ones.

today I had some ground contact during flying and the sfgs suffered a lot, thus I removed them and flew again, the plane was less controllable and less stable in slow knife edge, I definitely prefer flying with sfgs
Old Jan 16, 2012, 02:49 AM
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Aug 2007
3,934 Posts
Very nice flying Bigroger. It looks like you are very comfortable with your MXS. The Skywing MXS is my favourite plane of all; foam or balsa. I have 4 MXS kits, though only 2 of them are currently flying.
Old Jan 19, 2012, 02:19 AM
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Aug 2007
3,934 Posts
Wheel pants are now available from bestvaluerc, for those that wish to dress up their planes a bit. http://www.bestvaluerc.com/shop/shopexd.asp?id=346
Old Jan 19, 2012, 07:28 AM
Just flitting about!!
Joined Aug 2011
2,637 Posts
I like the naked wheel look better GJ. Also helps stop the nose over in long grass.

I did add the leg foam though as I feel it strengthens the legs a bit and reduces the bendiness that they suffer with.
Old Jan 21, 2012, 11:52 PM
Just flitting about!!
Joined Aug 2011
2,637 Posts
Cracked out another 8 packs through MXS this morning in the 40km gusts.
A bit of fun on this great flying machine.

It just seems to carry so much more inertia than the Yak54 version from Skywing but it might also have something to do with the motor/prop combo.

Love it.

Skywing MXS wind surfing (4 min 13 sec)
Old Jan 23, 2012, 12:17 AM
Just flitting about!!
Joined Aug 2011
2,637 Posts
I should have given it away today after breaking 6 sf props on my Telink edge540 earlier but here goes nothing.

Skywing MXS quality complaint (0 min 57 sec)
Old Jan 23, 2012, 01:10 AM
Joined Oct 2011
230 Posts
oh, that was a hard landing, I hope it is repairable

I "disassembled" and glued together the motorbox on my plane this weekend, flying in 30-40km wind was more tricky than I expected
Old Jan 23, 2012, 01:59 AM
Just flitting about!!
Joined Aug 2011
2,637 Posts
Almost fully repaired already.

Hardest part was the wing repair, the wood spar broken in two places. Few bits of carbon and some PU glue and we will be back in business.