Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Dec 07, 2011, 03:34 PM
Just flitting about!!
Joined Aug 2011
2,637 Posts
Spill the beans GJ. Where's that sexy scheme come from?

Me want!!
bigroger is offline Find More Posts by bigroger
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 07, 2011, 03:36 PM
Joined Oct 2011
230 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigroger View Post

Me want!!
+1
3D Peter is offline Find More Posts by 3D Peter
Old Dec 07, 2011, 07:53 PM
Crash and burn, huh Mav?
USA, IN, Fort Wayne
Joined Aug 2010
995 Posts
Sounds like it won't be long and this will be sold in the U.S. again under a new name.
Runnikee is offline Find More Posts by Runnikee
Old Dec 08, 2011, 12:19 AM
Joined Oct 2011
230 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Runnikee View Post
Sounds like it won't be long and this will be sold in the U.S. again under a new name.
could you enlarge on this, please?
Old Dec 08, 2011, 03:40 AM
Is my battery charged yet
Joined Sep 2010
400 Posts
Ahhhhhhhh! 3dhs maybe

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3D Peter View Post
could you enlarge on this, please?

Hey Groove, is that the new colours from skywing for the MXS?
Need some parts is offline Find More Posts by Need some parts
Old Dec 08, 2011, 03:56 AM
Joined Oct 2011
230 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Need some parts View Post
Ahhhhhhhh! 3dhs maybe
did you miss this: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1550519

3DHS is already selling SkyWing planes with boring paintsheme (IMHO) for much more money than the original SkyWing products, and they will never let another companies sell the same stuff under a new name in the US

......maybe the SkyWing MXS aka "3DHS Extra" with the highly innovative 3DHS paintsheme flies so much better because of the 3DHS logo on it that it is really worth the much more money 3DHS demands for it........who knows.....
Last edited by 3D Peter; Dec 08, 2011 at 04:04 AM.
Old Dec 08, 2011, 04:41 AM
Is my battery charged yet
Joined Sep 2010
400 Posts
Never missed that one! how could ya...lol

dude they charge more because of those sexy wheel pants
Need some parts is offline Find More Posts by Need some parts
Old Dec 08, 2011, 05:16 AM
Joined Oct 2011
230 Posts
Quote:
Never missed that one! how could ya...lol

dude they charge more because of those sexy wheel pants
even the idea to apply pants on that airframe is not really from 3dhs

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=194

well, I could partly understand the higher price, but on this plane is almost nothing from 3dhs, except the paintsheme..........moreover, they just took the old sheme from their oracover-balsa planes

though the production technique of skywing products is completely different, they paint (or print)the paintsheme on the parts before assambley, thus you could apply a much more interesting/complicated sheme because with painting or printing you get completely different possibillities, Iīm wondering why 3dhs donīt exploit these advantages, instead they just copy the old oracover sheme
Old Dec 08, 2011, 05:55 AM
How many planes is too many?
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Aug 2007
3,898 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleary View Post
Cranking scheme GJ,is that a custom one?
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigroger View Post

Me want!!
Quote:
+1
Quote:
Ahhhhhhhh! 3dhs maybe

Hey Groove, is that the new colours from skywing for the MXS?
Guys, it's a custom paint job that feda arranged Skywing to do for me. I just asked them to change all of the grey on the standard grey and orange MXS scheme to the blue used in the standard blue Extra scheme, though Skywing musta decided to improve the colour a bit on the fuselage sides near the nose as there's a bit of red there that would've been blue if they'd changed all grey to blue.

BTW I decided to repost a video of my first ever Skywing plane, a small Katana that is totally ballistic. The roll rate is just insane . Check it out if you haven't seen it before.

http://vimeo.com/33277977

Here's the story behind my reason for reposting the video:

I decided to post this video as a tribute to Skywing, who make the best EPP planes that I have ever flown. This was my very first Skywing kit. Almost 2 years ago, Max, the owner of bestvaluerc.com, offered me the opportunity to try a kit made by Skywing. It was the first I had heard of Skywing and the small Katana kit certainly appealed, so I took a gamble and bought one. Within seconds of it taking flight, I knew that Skywing was a very special manufacturer. I thoroughly enjoyed the Skywing Katana and still have it to this day.

Over the past 2 years I have tried many Skywing planes and have enjoyed them all. Right now I fly the Skywing 48" MXS, Extra, Sbach and Yak 54 and they totally rock! The Skywing planes are so good that 3D Hobby Shop now sell a version of a Skywing 48" Extra 330 SC plane.
groovejet is online now Find More Posts by groovejet
Old Dec 08, 2011, 06:07 AM
Joined Oct 2011
230 Posts
hmm, I wouldnīt mind if they sell your custom blue-instead-of-grey sheme as standard @Max: please arrage this

......I have both skywing mxs shemes, but it looks like the grey will be overpainted soon
Old Dec 08, 2011, 06:43 AM
Crash and burn, huh Mav?
USA, IN, Fort Wayne
Joined Aug 2010
995 Posts
Honestly, yes I did miss that post. I do this crazy thing called life and am not constantly reading rcgroups posts. I was told 3DHS supposedly made some improvements to the airframe, but I'm not sure what they are yet. I'll have to sacrifice time with the woman so I can stare at some forums. Maybe if I'm lucky there will be a Star Trek marathon on TV while I do it!
Runnikee is offline Find More Posts by Runnikee
Old Dec 08, 2011, 07:12 AM
I ♥ OpenTX
Australia, New South Wales, Sydney
Joined Jan 2011
2,676 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by groovejet View Post
Almost 2 years ago, Max, the owner of bestvaluerc.com, offered me the opportunity to try a kit made by Skywing...
Max = feda?

It's none of my business really, but I'm interested because I too like Skywing planes and I'll be buying more of them, HQ permitting.

(Besides, I've got a long and proud history of mistaking people for employees in shops and restaurants )
H2SO4 is online now Find More Posts by H2SO4
Old Dec 08, 2011, 08:03 AM
iumop ap!sdn w,I
Joined May 2005
6,434 Posts
Quote:
even the idea to apply pants on that airframe is not really from 3dhs
Yes, 3DHS stole the idea of wheel pants from previous Skywing owners. Really should have patented those, they might catch on in the RC world. Maybe they'll even make it into full scale one day!

Part of the reason that 3DHS is so popular is the customer service. And when they don't have time to personally help you out, there is such a great comradery on the threads that someone will be able to help you out day or night - usually within minutes. It's a great bunch of guys helping each other out that I haven't found in any other threads. As an example, I received lots of help with my question on the 3DHS thread and not a single reply in this thread...and those guys didn't even have the planes yet!
G.P. is offline Find More Posts by G.P.
Old Dec 08, 2011, 08:19 AM
Cookie Monster
Australia, QLD, Diddillibah
Joined Aug 2005
1,357 Posts
What was the question? I'll help you,I just got to get this off my chest first though.
We are having a Xmas party for our offices this weekend at our place,it is a pain in the arse as we will have 40 or so people,which is good,but I gotta set it all up.
Now we are fairly organised with the food and grog and entertainment for the kids,but the missus thought it would be a good idea to get a Karaoke Jukebox.
Now to me,those things are a bit "naff",if you know what I mean,pissed people yelling into a mic and killing great songs.
Well,anyway,I had to come home early from the office this arvo,and this great bit black box of boganism was sitting there allready.
Seeing as I am sure to be in charge of everything(ie if there is a problem,you know who's fault it is...),I thought it best to make sure the beast worked.
Rightio,plug her in,crank up the normal jukebox....hmmn,not bad,pumps out the volume,all good.
3pm in the arvo and I'm tapping my foot to everything from Soundgarden to Meatloaf,still good.
So I'm feeling pretty good around now,hopping around like a demented grasshopper,so I hit the fridge and crack the first coldie whilst screaming out similar lyrics to bat out of hell or something.
I manage to calm myself down after crooning "My way" by Frankie in an awesome fashion,even if I do say so myself,ended with a crescendo I did!
So I'm thinking,man I can sing this stuff,maybe my talents are wasted.
I grab another refreshment and flick the switch for Karaoke,I'm up for the challenge.
Best I check it all out before the party I thinks,cos you know I'm gonna have to sing.However I reckon I'm up for it,I think I have untapped talents,really maybe I should look into a side job as a vocalist,just as a semi pro or something,no TV or anything.(open for offers though,see my agent)
Anyway,I'm feeling a bit dry,so I grab a couple,gotta lubricate the throat.
Rightio,I'm into it,press the button and start with something easy,I go for those Beach Boys,I try a couple of songs but there seems to be something wrong with their pitch,mine is perfect.
Sometimes you get dodgy electrics with these local karaoke operators,I'll mention it to him when he picks up his crappy machine.
I give the machine a chance and launch into a cracking version of "Bound for Glory",Bon Jovi I think.
I'm ripping it to shreds,the dog disappears upstairs,windows are shaking,yet,sadly,the stupid machine sounds like crap,it's pitch is all wrong again and its timing is way out as well,it sounds like a screaming banshee or something.
I'm cool with it though,I know how it goes for small operators,you play the cards you are dealt,and deal with the fallout later.I'm pretty sure we can make this machine work ok,we just gotta find the right songs that don't stress the acoustics of the machine too much.
So I trawl through the list of Lil this and Master that featuring all sorts of funny names(Master Bates made me laugh,ha ha)
So I decide I should do something more current,specially as the missus is coming home shortly,and I reckon I'm gonna impress big time!(you know what they say about rock stars......getting lucky I hear....)
So I scroll up "Sex on Fire" by some band,I think this one should do the trick.
I have a little practise,but the machine still seems out of tune.I decide to work with it and grab a coldie for my throat.
I figure the volume is probably a bit low for the speakers to really show the range of the song,so I adjust the controls a bit.(just as well I had a few tools to get into the back of the bugger so as I could get volume value!)
I now have a nice fuzzy,warm sound.Unfortunately the dog has pissed off,he doesn't seem to like the song.
The horse 200m away is also looking a bit skittish,but I put that down to the march flys after the rain.
I go and get the dog from under the house,he must be chasing rats or something,and set up for the finale as the missus arrives home shortly.
The dog is being annoying and is scratching under the bed,silly bugger,no rats there last time I checked.
So,this is the moment,my baby comes through the door,and I launch like a bloody rocket!(I had it muted and paused for effect)
Well,I'd like to give a glory story,but I was sadly let down by my equipment.
The initial impression was perhaps a bit shocked,but not really negative so to speak.
I rallied well with the limitations of the low tech support,as I decided that drowning out the out of tune backup was the best policy.
I could understand the pained look on the face of the beauty,however there is only so much you can do trying to overcome poor gear.
I decided that a little more volume was probably in order so as to ease out the pitch problems with the machine,however it appeared the limit was met with performance,as a nasty cracking noise and a waft of blue smoke greeted my screwdriver.
After I had removed the glass shards from the faulty window,and consoled my better half,I had time to adjust the melted knobs to get the sound I was really after.
Glorious,absolutely Glorious,I was on fire (so was the rug,but I dealt with that with a sadly wasteful slosh of amber)
I was peaking! reaching the big notes with ease(though sadly the machine was still flat in pitch),I overcame with the finale "Oooooaaaahhhhhh your sex in on Fireeeeeeeeee"(actually that is the only bit I know,but it works really well with a pouty look)
Well bugger me,it was too much for the missus,she was so overcome with desire,she couldn't control herself and took herself off to the bedroom!
Not sure whats going on with that door up there though,must be a draft,as it slammed like a bastard.
So I reckon I'm on a promise,too easy.
I just have to find the horse and the dog and I'm good.
Bit of a problem with the stupid neighbour standing out the front carrying on again,drinks too much I think.
Anyway,there's my day so far.Not finished yet if you know what I mean.....
bleary is offline Find More Posts by bleary
Old Dec 08, 2011, 08:34 AM
Cookie Monster
Australia, QLD, Diddillibah
Joined Aug 2005
1,357 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by G.P. View Post
Yes, 3DHS stole the idea of wheel pants from previous Skywing owners. Really should have patented those, they might catch on in the RC world. Maybe they'll even make it into full scale one day!

Part of the reason that 3DHS is so popular is the customer service. And when they don't have time to personally help you out, there is such a great comradery on the threads that someone will be able to help you out day or night - usually within minutes. It's a great bunch of guys helping each other out that I haven't found in any other threads. As an example, I received lots of help with my question on the 3DHS thread and not a single reply in this thread...and those guys didn't even have the planes yet!
If you quickly tell me what the drama is I may be able to help you,Back in a minute after I stop the cops from harassing my neighbour,silly buggers have parked in my yard!
Go figure eh?
bleary is offline Find More Posts by bleary