HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 03, 2011, 04:55 PM
EP 3D Flyer
Hamilton, Canada
Joined Nov 2005
1,188 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonGti View Post
Hey I just saw this thread now, this looks quite cool. These guys are using my EF color schemes!! So where's my complimentary plane Skywing?
The complimentary plane is going your way via Hong Kong Post! Thanks, demonGti, for the nice designs.

feda
feda is offline Find More Posts by feda
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 03, 2011, 05:14 PM
Precision Aerobatics Team
South Africa, GP, Randburg
Joined Dec 2006
1,970 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by feda View Post
The complimentary plane is going your way via Hong Kong Post! Thanks, demonGti, for the nice designs.

feda
The good definitely just got better! Thanks feda... you're the man!
demonGti is offline Find More Posts by demonGti
Old Jun 03, 2011, 08:17 PM
memphis
Joined Jan 2003
434 Posts
knocked the LG outta mine today........but my wheelpants remained with the LG
TERMAGATOR is offline Find More Posts by TERMAGATOR
Old Jun 04, 2011, 08:13 PM
Aussie 3DHS Addict :-)
Port Denison, Western Australia
Joined Jul 2005
1,629 Posts
Has anybody had any problem with the elevator alignment? , went to install mine last night and there is a 3mm difference between each side of the fuselage , so it is fairly crooked you could say , i can cut it easy enough to straighten it ,but if there is one there may be more
Hope the pics show it ok
WOOSHKA is offline Find More Posts by WOOSHKA
Old Jun 05, 2011, 05:38 AM
IMK
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Aug 2005
181 Posts
Wooshka, I had a similar misalignment with mine, although not as severe as yours. I reckon mine was due to the rudder ply servo mount (as seen in your middle photo on the left side of the fuse). It looked like it was glued too high. I just filed it down and all was good.

This could be the same issue that you're dealing with. In fact in your photo you can see a gap between the bottom of the ply mount and the EPP former of around 3mm.
IMK is offline Find More Posts by IMK
Old Jun 05, 2011, 07:54 AM
Aussie 3DHS Addict :-)
Port Denison, Western Australia
Joined Jul 2005
1,629 Posts
Yeah all sorted now IMK, just that a newbie may miss it and end up with flight troubles
Pretty well all done now just have to do the throws,cg and a currant check,came out at 850 grams no lipo ,about right i think
WOOSHKA is offline Find More Posts by WOOSHKA
Old Jun 05, 2011, 09:31 AM
memphis
Joined Jan 2003
434 Posts
yeah, mine was like that too, high on the same side. I just weighted it down on the highside over night. it was fine the next day
TERMAGATOR is offline Find More Posts by TERMAGATOR
Old Jun 07, 2011, 06:38 PM
United States, TX, San Antonio
Joined Dec 2009
10 Posts
Nice foamie

Hi everyone mine should be here soon cleared customs 8:15 am. I'm still sport flying loops rolls,trying to 3D some but have turned a few balsa planes into ..a bagOsticks.This is my first foamie. So we see if I can get some more flight hours. I mostly fly large helis. mild 3D.Thanks, Michael
fastchop is online now Find More Posts by fastchop
Old Jun 09, 2011, 01:48 PM
If it hovers I fly it.
Canada, BC, Vancouver
Joined Jun 2010
130 Posts
Arrived!

Wooohooo got mine today! 7 Days to my door very good!

Small problem.. the fuse is damaged at the back tail.. and nose section. Apart from that looks very good and Im pretty impressed!

How does one straighten foam?? Its rather bent... I mean.. BENT
Brubache is offline Find More Posts by Brubache
Old Jun 10, 2011, 06:29 AM
Joined Jun 2011
4 Posts
Soon ready for maiden :)

Hello!

Got my MXS a week ago and probably will have it ready for maiden this weekend. Realy fast shipping to Norway by the way

I have a few questions however. Since I have two T-Rex 450 Pro`s (one crashed and one rtf ) my plan was to use the Align DS410M Digital servo on all the control surfaces. Figured it would take a while to get the crashed T-Rex flight ready again so its servos are going in to the MXS Will this servo be fast/strong enough? Servo specs:

* Fast speed with low noise and high torque. 4 level High strength metal gears, with high precision and durable structure characteristics.
* Stall torque:1.8kg.cm(4.8V) 2.2kg.cm(6.0V)
* Motion speed:0.13sec/60(4.8V) 0.09sec/60(6.0V)
* Rating voltageC 4.8-6V
* Temperature range:-20C~+60C
* Dimension:22.8 x 12 x 25.4mm
* Weight:13.3g

And where have you guys allready flying this plane placed the cg on it? By the looks of it it shuld be where the wing tube is. Would that be a good place to start out at?

Had the same problem with elevator alignment as the guys above, but mine was high on the other side.
loffen007 is offline Find More Posts by loffen007
Old Jun 10, 2011, 06:56 AM
EP 3D Flyer
Hamilton, Canada
Joined Nov 2005
1,188 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by loffen007 View Post
Hello!

Got my MXS a week ago and probably will have it ready for maiden this weekend. Realy fast shipping to Norway by the way

I have a few questions however. Since I have two T-Rex 450 Pro`s (one crashed and one rtf ) my plan was to use the Align DS410M Digital servo on all the control surfaces. Figured it would take a while to get the crashed T-Rex flight ready again so its servos are going in to the MXS Will this servo be fast/strong enough? Servo specs:

* Fast speed with low noise and high torque. 4 level High strength metal gears, with high precision and durable structure characteristics.
* Stall torque:1.8kg.cm(4.8V) 2.2kg.cm(6.0V)
* Motion speed:0.13sec/60(4.8V) 0.09sec/60(6.0V)
* Rating voltageC 4.8-6V
* Temperature range:-20C~+60C
* Dimension:22.8 x 12 x 25.4mm
* Weight:13.3g

And where have you guys allready flying this plane placed the cg on it? By the looks of it it shuld be where the wing tube is. Would that be a good place to start out at?

Had the same problem with elevator alignment as the guys above, but mine was high on the other side.
Hi loffen007,

The servos specs look fine to me.

SkyWing's recommended CG position is 115-120 mm from the leading edge. So a good starting point would be where the rubber band to hold the wing halves together.

Good luck with your build!

feda
Old Jun 10, 2011, 12:47 PM
If it hovers I fly it.
Canada, BC, Vancouver
Joined Jun 2010
130 Posts
Major props to Max at BestValueRC where I purchased my MXS. My kit came damaged in shipping with a very warped tail. I emailed some pics to Max and he sent me an email this morning telling me to try and fix what I have and that a new one is already on its way to me. Now that is SERVICE. I didn't ask for it. He just did it.

I cannot say good enough things about that kind of guy. Thanks MAX!
Old Jun 11, 2011, 08:11 AM
EP 3D Flyer
Hamilton, Canada
Joined Nov 2005
1,188 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brubache View Post
Major props to Max at BestValueRC where I purchased my MXS. My kit came damaged in shipping with a very warped tail. I emailed some pics to Max and he sent me an email this morning telling me to try and fix what I have and that a new one is already on its way to me. Now that is SERVICE. I didn't ask for it. He just did it.

I cannot say good enough things about that kind of guy. Thanks MAX!
Thanks, Brubache. The credit should also go to SkyWing for they have been supportive of solving such problems.

Recently, there have been a few similar damaged-in-shipment incidents, which prompted SkyWing to think of adding an outer box to their existing packaging. By my estimate, this means a $15 increase of the total cost for a US customer ($3 for more packaging and $12 for more shipping weight). As a result, I proposed to SkyWing to give the choice to the customer by offering the outer box as an extra packaging option. With the option, SkyWing will cover all the costs for replacing all the damaged parts in shipment, otherwise, the risk of damages-in-shipment is the customer's.

I'd like to hear your thoughts on the issue. Thanks.

feda
Old Jun 11, 2011, 09:00 AM
EP 3D Flyer
Hamilton, Canada
Joined Nov 2005
1,188 Posts
Discussion: AX3715 Motor (KV1000)

Hi guys,

I have recorded a test run of my AX3715 KV1000 motor.

Test Set-up:
- AX3715 KV1000 motor, weight with accessaries: 125 grams;
- Hobbywing 40A ESC;
- APC 13x6.5E;
- Hobbyking Zippy Lipo 20C 2200 mAh;
- Spektrum DX7, Spektrum AR6100e

ax3715kv1000apcprop.mp4 (1 min 16 sec)

Here are my observations:
- Peak Amp draw: about 44A;
- Max thrust: about 1850 grams;
- 1100-gram thrust at about 50% throttle with about 18A draw;
- The motor gets hot after only several seconds of wide-open-throttle;

I think the motor is capable of maxing out the set-up (while the KV870 version cannot. will post a KV870 test run for comparison). With a more powerful motor, you would need a better rated ESC as well as a better rated battery. Obviously, the peak performance cannot sustain (the Zippy battery would quicky drop its voltage with 40+ A current draw) and is probably overloading the system (i.e., a lot engergy wasted on generating a lot of heat).

With this set-up, I imagine I can comfortably hover over 5 minutes without any concern. If I reserve wide-open-throttle only for pumping the plane out of troubles and some occassional crazy maneuvers, this set-up should be OK?

feda
Last edited by feda; Jun 20, 2011 at 09:11 PM. Reason: More accurate weight
Old Jun 11, 2011, 09:54 AM
If it hovers I fly it.
Canada, BC, Vancouver
Joined Jun 2010
130 Posts
Let the building begin!

Hacker A30-12L V2, 12x6e, Hacker X-55, Hitec 65hbx4, Hyperion and TP 2100s