SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 27, 2012, 08:00 PM
Joined May 2012
193 Posts
I love that MXS!
My old one is getting heavy and uggly, so I'm getting a new one. Here is what I will use in it this time:

Hengli 3542-850 motor from BVRC or Leopard LC3542-6T KV 920
TGY 45A AE ESC
HXT MG-14 servos / Turnigy 2216MG (elev.)
3s 2200 mAh
APC 13x6.5E / 14 x 7

I don't know yet about the motor for the MXS.

What do you think about the Leopard LC3542-6T KV 920 that I can get locally?
(Site in german, sorry)
http://www.hebu-shop.ch/product_info...-620-Watt.html

It seams to be the same as this one:

FSD 3542-06 KV920
http://www.sdshobby.net/fsd-354206-k...l#.UIx2CWf4eJu

Does anybody know that motor?

BTW, how does the hengli compare to the 1000KV motor included in the MXS kit? I am using thisone right now but would like a little more power / efficiancy whithout the price and wight of the scorpion some are using.

Thanks for any recomondations!
SnapRoller is offline Find More Posts by SnapRoller
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 27, 2012, 08:54 PM
3d Kiwi
New Zealand
Joined Dec 2007
3,110 Posts
Try running 1800 3s instead of the 2200. I think that's the way i'm going to go
uptime4downtime is offline Find More Posts by uptime4downtime
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Skywing 38" Build Instructions
Old Oct 27, 2012, 10:01 PM
India, KA, Bangalore
Joined Sep 2009
581 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by feda View Post
Hi vinay,

I have just seen your post and I am sorry that your parcel was crushed and it was not double-boxed. The guy who packaged your parcel said he clearly remembered that he used an outer box for your order.

I received another complaint from Australia about extra packaging recently. I did some investigation and It turned out that our warehouse did use an outer box for the parcel but our internatioal forwarder took it off for no good reason! I was told that they happened to need a long box for some glass tubes they were forwarding for another customer of theirs and they thought it was OK to use the outer box. It's a lame excuse to me. And they seemed to be trying to make it sound like an isolated incident. Now, I am suspecting they took off the outer box for your kit as well.

I'll definitely refund you the money you paid for extra packaging.

If any other people have had the same problem, please let me know. I need to deal with this problem with our international forwarder.

Thanks.

feda
Hi Max, I was about to mail you today, but Got the 9.x$ refund before that, thanks for that

BTW, there was no outer box used on my parcel. All the shipping details seem to be unremovably attached to the box. Even if there was an extra box, The forwarder wouldnt know that there is one, unless he opens it up! And parcels are usually opened at the destination country's customs. I believe you need to investigate this at the warehouse itself!

Vinay.
vinay2070 is offline Find More Posts by vinay2070
Last edited by vinay2070; Oct 27, 2012 at 10:22 PM.
Old Oct 27, 2012, 10:19 PM
India, KA, Bangalore
Joined Sep 2009
581 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetinteriorguy View Post
First off, you don't necessarily need the rubber grommets in a plane like this but it dosn't hurt either. Did you run the screws in the ply and then remove them and soak the wood with ca to strengthen it. This makes a big difference.
I was about to soak it in the CA first and then insert the screws for the first time

Does it make a difference? Does the wood become too hard?
Old Oct 28, 2012, 07:45 AM
Burke, VA
Joined Sep 2009
5,006 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinay2070 View Post
I was about to soak it in the CA first and then insert the screws for the first time

Does it make a difference? Does the wood become too hard?
I think if you just soak the wood first it's maybe going to be too brittle and prone to cracking, although I've never done it this way myself so I can't say for sure it would. I also think by running the screws through first and then soaking it you create a prethreaded situation where you harden the wood with a thread pattern in the wood first so it will hold better, but this just my thought. As far as the rubber grommets go, I've never used them on the smaller planes (48" and under) and never had any
noticeable servo stripping tendencies. I prefer a nice solid mount to alleviate any play for a more
precise response when flying. I think if your in a situation where a servo is going to be prone to stripping the rubber grommets aren't going to make much difference but they might allow enough movement for a certain amount of blowback making your control surfaces less predictable and effective, again just my thoughts. I am basing these ideas on using metal gear servo's, not plastic gears. I never use plastic geared servo's on anything but small foamies.
jetinteriorguy is offline Find More Posts by jetinteriorguy
Old Oct 28, 2012, 07:47 AM
How many planes is too many?
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Aug 2007
3,934 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetinteriorguy View Post
i think if you just soak the wood first it's maybe going to be too brittle and prone to cracking, although i've never done it this way myself so i can't say for sure it would. I also think by running the screws through first and then soaking it you create a prethreaded situation where you harden the wood with a thread pattern in the wood first so it will hold better, but this just my thought. As far as the rubber grommets go, i've never used them on the smaller planes (48" and under) and never had any
noticeable servo stripping tendencies. I prefer a nice solid mount to alleviate any play for a more
precise response when flying. I think if your in a situation where a servo is going to be prone to stripping the rubber grommets aren't going to make much difference but they might allow enough movement for a certain amount of blowback making your control surfaces less predictable and effective, again just my thoughts. I am basing these ideas on using metal gear servo's, not plastic gears. I never use plastic geared servo's on anything but small foamies.
+1
groovejet is online now Find More Posts by groovejet
Old Oct 28, 2012, 07:55 AM
India, KA, Bangalore
Joined Sep 2009
581 Posts
1 more question, how about painting a thin layer of epoxy on the ply? Wouldnt it make it strong and less brittle compared to CA? I mean not as much as the make the plane heavy. I see people using thinner in epoxy and painting it over the motor mount of engines.
Old Oct 28, 2012, 07:57 AM
Burke, VA
Joined Sep 2009
5,006 Posts
Hey, good morning GJ ( at least it's morning here ) how's everything in Oz. I'm just sitting here waiting on the hurricane to hit, provided the weather's not too rough tomorrow it looks like my new MXS and the Edge should be delivered. I did tear the whole lg and mount out of my poor old beat up MXS on Friday but haven't decided if I should repair it one more time or just build the new one. I'm thinking just fix the old one and keep tearing it up for the rest of this year and then build the new one in the spring. But I'm definitely going to build the Edge and get it in the air this fall yet, can't wait for this one. It looks so pretty I might even have to take mercy on it and try not to let the stupid filter slip as much as I normally do.
Old Oct 28, 2012, 08:08 AM
Burke, VA
Joined Sep 2009
5,006 Posts
Quote:
1 more question, how about painting a thin layer of epoxy on the ply? Wouldnt it make it strong and less brittle compared to CA? I mean not as much as the make the plane heavy. I see people using thinner in epoxy and painting it over the motor mount of engines.
On the firewall I usually glue some fiberglass cloth to the ply with 3M 77 spray glue and then soak it in thin CA to harden it, add virtually no weight but makes it at least three times stronger. By doing it this way I've never broken one yet. As far as the ply in the fuse I've never tried this but it might work well but would be quite trickier to do. I just usually use a combo of Popsicle sticks, tongue depressors, or bamboo skewers for reenforcement or repairs. Sometimes I will use cf for this as well but if you overdo it with the cf then when it does break it's usually beyond repair. By using wood type repairs/reinforcements it has a little more give and helps prevent unrepairable damage. I've had a lot of experience with repairs since I tend to pretty much push my flying until I wind up wrecking something at least once a week so most of my advice is based on extensive experience. Speaking of which I have a couple of planes upstairs waiting for repairs right now, hopefully I can get them done today since with a hurricane knocking on the door I won't be flying today or for the next three days or so from what the weatherman is saying.
Old Oct 28, 2012, 08:23 AM
India, KA, Bangalore
Joined Sep 2009
581 Posts
And I tot fixing planes were easier than helis
Old Oct 28, 2012, 08:42 AM
Burke, VA
Joined Sep 2009
5,006 Posts
Quote:
And I tot fixing planes were easier than helis
Can' comment on helis, never had the urge for one. Just too many moving parts, plus I like to carve up the sky. It's really not that hard to repair planes, the most important part is to pick up all the bits and pieces and then it's just like putting together a puzzle and then adding some reinforcements. Especially the foamies, you don't have to fool with recovering, after the frame repairs just glue the foam back together and your good to go.
Old Oct 28, 2012, 01:23 PM
Joined Oct 2011
230 Posts
Hi Snap,

ich hatte den Leo ca. ein Jahr in meiner Kiste, so würde die MXS mit dem Leo fliegen:

Upsidedownrc MXS (5 min 42 sec)

Grüße

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnapRoller View Post
I love that MXS!
My old one is getting heavy and uggly, so I'm getting a new one. Here is what I will use in it this time:

Hengli 3542-850 motor from BVRC or Leopard LC3542-6T KV 920
TGY 45A AE ESC
HXT MG-14 servos / Turnigy 2216MG (elev.)
3s 2200 mAh
APC 13x6.5E / 14 x 7

I don't know yet about the motor for the MXS.

What do you think about the Leopard LC3542-6T KV 920 that I can get locally?
(Site in german, sorry)
http://www.hebu-shop.ch/product_info...-620-Watt.html

It seams to be the same as this one:

FSD 3542-06 KV920
http://www.sdshobby.net/fsd-354206-k...l#.UIx2CWf4eJu

Does anybody know that motor?

BTW, how does the hengli compare to the 1000KV motor included in the MXS kit? I am using thisone right now but would like a little more power / efficiancy whithout the price and wight of the scorpion some are using.

Thanks for any recomondations!
3D Peter is offline Find More Posts by 3D Peter
Last edited by 3D Peter; Oct 29, 2012 at 05:48 PM.
Old Oct 28, 2012, 08:40 PM
Joined May 2012
193 Posts
Hi Peter
Danke für den Hinweis. So würde meine MXS leider nicht fliegen, auf jeden Fall nicht mit mir an den Knüppeln Super Video, wunderbarer Mix aus Präzision und sauberem 3D, passende Musik, so muss das sein!
Wiesst du wie zufrieden er mit dem Leopard ist?
Ein Kunde von dir? Verkaufst du Skywing? Oder Komponenten?

Gruss

Back to english now, as this is an international forum....

Cheers
Old Oct 29, 2012, 08:07 AM
Deutschland, BY, Augsburg
Joined Nov 2010
123 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnapRoller View Post
Hi Peter
Danke für den Hinweis. So würde meine MXS leider nicht fliegen, auf jeden Fall nicht mit mir an den Knüppeln Super Video, wunderbarer Mix aus Präzision und sauberem 3D, passende Musik, so muss das sein!
Wiesst du wie zufrieden er mit dem Leopard ist?
Ein Kunde von dir? Verkaufst du Skywing? Oder Komponenten?

Gruss

Back to english now, as this is an international forum....

Cheers
Hi Snap, brauchst nicht um die ganze Welt ziehen
http://www.rc-network.de/forum/showt...n-UPSIDEDOWNRC
looking here and find
Schrottflyer is offline Find More Posts by Schrottflyer
Old Oct 29, 2012, 06:46 PM
Joined May 2012
193 Posts
Vielen Dank für den Hinweis Schrottt, hab grad angefangen den Beitrag auf RCN zu lesen. Hätte nicht gedacht, dass es die Skywings schon so richtig nach Europa geschafft haben... Naja, ist ja auch nicht erstaunlich! Obwohl, wenn man 3DHS sieht....
Peter, hab vor ganzem Video ganz vergessen zu fragen: Was fürn Motor / ESC fliegst du jetzt? Und du Schrott?

Gruss