HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 25, 2012, 12:57 AM
3d Kiwi
New Zealand
Joined Dec 2007
3,097 Posts
That would be a good size 4s to try. I agree, it would be very interesting to try it.
uptime4downtime is offline Find More Posts by uptime4downtime
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Phantom Vision+ tips
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 25, 2012, 01:09 AM
Joined Oct 2012
3 Posts
Nice
dragon_wing is offline Find More Posts by dragon_wing
Old Oct 25, 2012, 11:51 AM
Australia, SA, Tailem Bend
Joined Jun 2012
94 Posts
Well I ordered mine a couple of days ago. Im a bit of a newbee & so glad I found this thread, its exactly what I have been looking for. Have had a couple of other foamies but they were a pain to build & one just kept tearing. Dont think I will be showing any vids for a along time after watching u guys fly :-) If I get 1/2 as good as u guys I will be happy. 3D my new mid life crisis :-)
Marty66 is offline Find More Posts by Marty66
Old Oct 26, 2012, 12:41 AM
3d Kiwi
New Zealand
Joined Dec 2007
3,097 Posts
A picture is worth 1000 words, so here's a short video of the MXS with the SK3 140g motor, and sporting a 3000 3s Nanotech battery - a test of a heavy setup. It is pretty impressive in a vertical, even with that weight - video just processing now
Skywing MXS on Turnigy SK3 140g (0 min 0 sec)
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 26, 2012, 01:05 PM
3D Sunset Flier
PHX
Joined Jun 2008
4,053 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by uptime4downtime View Post
A picture is worth 1000 words, so here's a short video of the MXS with the SK3 140g motor, and sporting a 3000 3s Nanotech battery - a test of a heavy setup. It is pretty impressive in a vertical, even with that weight - video just processing now
http://youtu.be/y7OZ7CUSQRA
Yep, she went straight up!

I've been wanting to try some larger packs.

TY for the test flight/vid!

-Buzzed

Buzzed is offline Find More Posts by Buzzed
Old Oct 26, 2012, 04:09 PM
Burke, VA
Joined Sep 2009
4,970 Posts
I got a little flying on the MXS today, but the stupid filter slipped a little too much and I completely tore the lg and mount completely out of the fuse. It looks fixable but I might just retire this one since I have a new one that should be here next week.
jetinteriorguy is offline Find More Posts by jetinteriorguy
Old Oct 26, 2012, 10:22 PM
India, KA, Bangalore
Joined Sep 2009
581 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by uptime4downtime View Post
http://youtu.be/y7OZ7CUSQRA
The climb rate seems nice, lots of power too.
vinay2070 is offline Find More Posts by vinay2070
Old Oct 26, 2012, 11:57 PM
3d Kiwi
New Zealand
Joined Dec 2007
3,097 Posts
I actually think it's a decent motor. I can always recycle it for a larger balsa at some stage. Runs on 4s
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 27, 2012, 02:11 PM
EP 3D Flyer
Hamilton, Canada
Joined Nov 2005
1,223 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinay2070 View Post
Received my MXS today from BestValueRC. Had to pick it up from Postoffice myself. The box was not opened by customs. However It is 10 to 15% crushed. , I had ordered extra box for 2$ and paid almost 10$ extra in shipping. I dont understand why it was not added and was shipped stock. I think I did not see any Fragile label on the box as well (Maybe its there and I missed to see it.)

The box is still in car, and Iam in office. Will go home and see how things are inside and post some pics.
Hi vinay,

I have just seen your post and I am sorry that your parcel was crushed and it was not double-boxed. The guy who packaged your parcel said he clearly remembered that he used an outer box for your order.

I received another complaint from Australia about extra packaging recently. I did some investigation and It turned out that our warehouse did use an outer box for the parcel but our internatioal forwarder took it off for no good reason! I was told that they happened to need a long box for some glass tubes they were forwarding for another customer of theirs and they thought it was OK to use the outer box. It's a lame excuse to me. And they seemed to be trying to make it sound like an isolated incident. Now, I am suspecting they took off the outer box for your kit as well.

I'll definitely refund you the money you paid for extra packaging.

If any other people have had the same problem, please let me know. I need to deal with this problem with our international forwarder.

Thanks.

feda
feda is offline Find More Posts by feda
Old Oct 27, 2012, 02:56 PM
C4X
Glider Junkie Beyond Help
Canada, BC, Roberts Creek
Joined Nov 2008
618 Posts
I have an MXS almost ready for maiden, which I ordered from Wattaplane. First off I'd just like to say I am more than happy with the quality of the kit, I can tell it is going to fly nicely. Its my first 3D ship, looking fwd to backing it about with wild abandon. Second, anyone (especially if you are in Canada) will be impressed with the service provided by Wattaplane. I'd order from them again for sure.

I have a couple questions about the plane tho;

1. The servo wells seem to be a weak point, have they held up OK for everyone? Maybe its that I used the rubber grommets for mounting, and I couldn't crank the screws down enough without busting the light ply.
C4X is offline Find More Posts by C4X
Old Oct 27, 2012, 02:57 PM
I ♥ OpenTX
Australia, New South Wales, Sydney
Joined Jan 2011
2,684 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by feda View Post

If any other people have had the same problem, please let me know. I need to deal with this problem with our international forwarder.

Thanks.

feda
I ordered an MXS a few months ago and the same thing happened - no outer box. At the time, I put it down to (my own) senility, for having somehow neglected to tick the option - even though I was quite confident I DID select the outer box during the checkout process - but since the plane was fine I didn't feel an urge to follow up.

I'm not after refunds or anything. Just saying it has happened to me as well.
H2SO4 is offline Find More Posts by H2SO4
Old Oct 27, 2012, 03:33 PM
Burke, VA
Joined Sep 2009
4,970 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by C4X View Post
I have an MXS almost ready for maiden, which I ordered from Wattaplane. First off I'd just like to say I am more than happy with the quality of the kit, I can tell it is going to fly nicely. Its my first 3D ship, looking fwd to backing it about with wild abandon. Second, anyone (especially if you are in Canada) will be impressed with the service provided by Wattaplane. I'd order from them again for sure.

I have a couple questions about the plane tho;

1. The servo wells seem to be a weak point, have they held up OK for everyone? Maybe its that I used the rubber grommets for mounting, and I couldn't crank the screws down enough without busting the light ply.
First off, you don't necessarily need the rubber grommets in a plane like this but it dosn't hurt either. Did you run the screws in the ply and then remove them and soak the wood with ca to strengthen it. This makes a big difference.
jetinteriorguy is offline Find More Posts by jetinteriorguy
Old Oct 27, 2012, 03:53 PM
United States, PA, Middletown
Joined Sep 2011
586 Posts
I got mine without the extra box as I didn't order it. Minor damage to the box but everything inside is good!
wayfaringdreamer is offline Find More Posts by wayfaringdreamer
Old Oct 27, 2012, 06:00 PM
How many planes is too many?
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Aug 2007
3,928 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by feda View Post
Hi vinay,

I have just seen your post and I am sorry that your parcel was crushed and it was not double-boxed. The guy who packaged your parcel said he clearly remembered that he used an outer box for your order.

I received another complaint from Australia about extra packaging recently. I did some investigation and It turned out that our warehouse did use an outer box for the parcel but our internatioal forwarder took it off for no good reason! I was told that they happened to need a long box for some glass tubes they were forwarding for another customer of theirs and they thought it was OK to use the outer box. It's a lame excuse to me. And they seemed to be trying to make it sound like an isolated incident. Now, I am suspecting they took off the outer box for your kit as well.

I'll definitely refund you the money you paid for extra packaging.

Thanks.

feda
The actions of your international forwarder are unbelievable . I hope that you can obtain compensation from them to offset the cost of compensating your customers.

Once gain, feda, you have provided an excellent level of service when problems occurred that were out of your hands. It is for reasons like this that I have no trouble recommending that people buy products from you, as your actions over many years demonstrate that you are a very honest and highly ethical seller that does the right thing by his customers .
groovejet is online now Find More Posts by groovejet
Last edited by groovejet; Oct 27, 2012 at 06:08 PM.
Old Oct 27, 2012, 06:12 PM
C4X
Glider Junkie Beyond Help
Canada, BC, Roberts Creek
Joined Nov 2008
618 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetinteriorguy View Post
First off, you don't necessarily need the rubber grommets in a plane like this but it dosn't hurt either. Did you run the screws in the ply and then remove them and soak the wood with ca to strengthen it. This makes a big difference.
No I didn't yet, but good idea. One end of one of the ply mounting plates cracked, I think I will add another layer maybe. Pretty easy fix with some thin CA and a pair of scissors and some sandpaper. I want to keep the rubber grommets as I think they will help avoid potential strippage. CA on the threads is great, tho, like u say.
C4X is offline Find More Posts by C4X