HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 07, 2012, 12:22 PM
EP 3D Flyer
Hamilton, Canada
Joined Nov 2005
1,259 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle34 View Post
Max one other thing I was looking at the pics of the red and black Edge. What are the colors of the underside of the wing? Your site has pics of the underside of the green Edge, which is no loger available I take it.
Thanks, Eagle34.

I've updated the pics. The green one is no longer available.

Cheers,

feda
feda is offline Find More Posts by feda
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 07, 2012, 02:25 PM
Where's my orange kool-aid?
Australia, VIC, Boronia
Joined Apr 2010
714 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by feda View Post
Hi xzuberance,

Look here http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1727542

Cheers,

feda
Nice!!! Bad azz too... Shortlisted!!!
xzuberance is offline Find More Posts by xzuberance
Old Sep 07, 2012, 06:13 PM
I ♥ OpenTX
Australia, New South Wales, Sydney
Joined Jan 2011
2,724 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by StickHack View Post
The only con's I can think of are the wing attachment sucks. Rubber bands, really? I zipped tied it, and plan to leave them on, it just fits in the back seat of my truck.
Rubber bands are better than a zip tie for this purpose. Being elastic, they exert constant low pull to keep the wings snug against the fuselage, but they'll give in a crash and allow each wing to slide outwards along the spar, thus absorbing some of the impulse.

Being unnecessarily stronger, the zip tie will not allow for that same energy dissipation, and there's likely to be more crash damage.

Stronger is not always better, especially when it comes to wing attachment. The rubber bands are sacrificial.
H2SO4 is offline Find More Posts by H2SO4
Old Sep 07, 2012, 06:21 PM
How many planes is too many?
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Aug 2007
3,938 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by H2SO4 View Post
Rubber bands are better than a zip tie for this purpose. Being elastic, they exert constant low pull to keep the wings snug against the fuselage, but they'll give in a crash and allow each wing to slide outwards along the spar, thus absorbing some of the impulse.

Being unnecessarily stronger, the zip tie will not allow for that same energy dissipation, and there's likely to be more crash damage.

Stronger is not always better, especially when it comes to wing attachment. The rubber bands are sacrificial.
Yep. I totally agree and still use rubber bands on all of my 48" EPP kits.
groovejet is online now Find More Posts by groovejet
Old Sep 07, 2012, 08:53 PM
can't buy vaporware
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Nov 2011
8,521 Posts
I use rubber bands and kitchen and bathroom caulk to afix the wings to the fuse.
7oneWo1f is offline Find More Posts by 7oneWo1f
Old Sep 08, 2012, 04:28 AM
Just flitting about!!
Joined Aug 2011
2,637 Posts
Am I confused about the skywing kits being available in the USA once again?

Still flying my MXS, and Yak54 even though I've got a lot of larger balsa planes in the air these days.

Enjoying hucking the 48" yak54 in the backyard. Teaches me a lot about attitude control in reasonably tight places, doing rollers around trees and shrubs and sometimes, even successfully!!!@@!!
bigroger is offline Find More Posts by bigroger
Old Sep 10, 2012, 01:06 AM
Joined Apr 2009
14 Posts
night maurader

Quote:
Originally Posted by feda View Post
Has anybody tried to have night flying with Skywing's planes?

Here's my attempt.

Initially, I tried to put 4 3-LED panels on my Skywing MXS and found them didn't have enough light on the plane.

Now I have 4 6-LED panels on the wing plus 2 4-LED panels on the horizontal stab running on 12V directly from the balancing plug of a 3-cell lipo pack, which also powers the motor and everything else.

The lighting component adds about 80 grams to the plane.

The plane is flyable in the dark now.

Cheers,

feda
yes this is my first night flyer or 6am flyer well over 200 led inside the plane each 1m strip has 60 leds @ 10g x5 plus some wire and jst connecter so all about 70g give or take
Prodigious is offline Find More Posts by Prodigious
Old Sep 10, 2012, 01:10 AM
Joined Apr 2009
14 Posts
night maurader

[ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH]Name: IMG_20120905_180737.jpg
Views: 35
Size: 120.7 KB
Description: [/ATTACH][/ATTACH][/ATTACH][/ATTACH][/ATTACH]
night life
Old Sep 10, 2012, 02:27 AM
Landing!!
Norge, Møre og Romsdal, Kristiansund
Joined Apr 2008
233 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigious View Post
[ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH]Attachment 5144809[/ATTACH][/ATTACH][/ATTACH][/ATTACH][/ATTACH]
night life
Looking goooood! =)
Are those the LED strips from HobbyKing? Have a couple lying around, still not used.
Are you taking power directly from the 3S battery used for motor or any other arrangement?

Cheers,
Vidar
Dchimmi is offline Find More Posts by Dchimmi
Old Sep 10, 2012, 01:38 PM
Deutschland, BY, Augsburg
Joined Nov 2010
127 Posts
Yesterday iam flown with 3S1600 Nanos, its not so heavy with it and the MXS goes realy nice After 5 min with most Stick round the middle il put 1280 mah in the Batt
Schrottflyer is offline Find More Posts by Schrottflyer
Old Sep 10, 2012, 05:56 PM
Australia, VIC, Boronia
Joined Apr 2010
714 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigroger View Post
Am I confused about the skywing kits being available in the USA once again?

Still flying my MXS, and Yak54 even though I've got a lot of larger balsa planes in the air these days.

Enjoying hucking the 48" yak54 in the backyard. Teaches me a lot about attitude control in reasonably tight places, doing rollers around trees and shrubs and sometimes, even successfully!!!@@!!
I believe they are available in the US again.

You must have a big backyard mate. Maybe you should organize a little huckfest at your place over a barbie

How's your hunt for a big gasser?
Old Sep 10, 2012, 05:58 PM
Australia, VIC, Boronia
Joined Apr 2010
714 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dchimmi View Post
Looking goooood! =)
Are those the LED strips from HobbyKing? Have a couple lying around, still not used.
Are you taking power directly from the 3S battery used for motor or any other arrangement?

Cheers,
Vidar
Any flight report with the new power plant?
Old Sep 10, 2012, 06:03 PM
Australia, VIC, Boronia
Joined Apr 2010
714 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schrottflyer View Post
Yesterday iam flown with 3S1600 Nanos, its not so heavy with it and the MXS goes realy nice After 5 min with most Stick round the middle il put 1280 mah in the Batt
Just curious, what motor, esc and prop combo are you running? Your AUW must be pretty light with a 1600mAh. Do you find it alright or too floaty?
Old Sep 10, 2012, 06:39 PM
Just flitting about!!
Joined Aug 2011
2,637 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xzuberance View Post
I believe they are available in the US again.

You must have a big backyard mate. Maybe you should organize a little huckfest at your place over a barbie

How's your hunt for a big gasser?
Pretty much settled now.

Ive ordered the Hacker Q80-8M for 12s setup electric.

Gotta decide between 88" EF edge (new improved EXP version) or the 91" EF Extra once it hits down under. Swing Mez 24x10TH prop to 7200 rpm and around 5500W.
bigroger is offline Find More Posts by bigroger
Old Sep 10, 2012, 08:40 PM
Joined Apr 2009
14 Posts
lights

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dchimmi View Post
Looking goooood! =)

Cheers,
Vidar
thanks i can run off 3s 450-850 or direct
as i extended my esc power wire anyways i just tapped into the solder joint a jst with pig tails hacked from a old batt only sliced into the elbow on top of the rudder to push lights up in and the wing was sliced into just to conceal all lights (stealth night flyer)
did this so i can see a plane not lights strips flying ufo i have another plane on the desk extra 300L w/sfg customized to light up the wing a little maybe red and green lights well see only have about 10 flights on the yak with out the wing lights it was ball of light out far so i didnt like thisName: IMG_20120828_205127.jpg
Views: 40
Size: 181.1 KB
Description: