Like. Kewl videos man.
bildo baggins is online now Find More Posts by bildo baggins
to remove ads between posts
Old May 29, 2012, 08:12 PM
Just flitting about!!
Joined Aug 2011
2,637 Posts
Here you go boys.
Yesterdays efforts on my last of the V2 MXS.

Its getting a bit tattered now but still hucks about fine.
Skywing MXS V2 winter hucking (6 min 0 sec)
bigroger is offline Find More Posts by bigroger
Old May 29, 2012, 08:29 PM
Chillin till SEFF
Warner Robins, GA
Joined Aug 2003
14,630 Posts
Splendiforous dood!
bildo baggins is online now Find More Posts by bildo baggins
Old May 29, 2012, 09:43 PM
No Boundaries
Australia, VIC, Forest Hill
Joined Aug 2010
1,968 Posts
Yes nice work Big R! Great viewing for me here at work

I reiterate my previous sentiment...I can't bloody wait to fly this little beauty.

I can't log into my tracking details because i don't have a verification code but I am happy to wait for that elusive phone call from home!
Two Dogs Dave is offline Find More Posts by Two Dogs Dave
Old May 30, 2012, 01:50 AM
Where's my orange kool-aid?
Australia, VIC, Boronia
Joined Apr 2010
714 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Dogs Dave View Post
Yes nice work Big R! Great viewing for me here at work

I reiterate my previous sentiment...I can't bloody wait to fly this little beauty.

I can't log into my tracking details because i don't have a verification code but I am happy to wait for that elusive phone call from home!
Dave, click on the tracking tab first. It'll open up a new page and you verification number will appear. Had the same issue with my F18 until I did that
xzuberance is offline Find More Posts by xzuberance
Old May 30, 2012, 03:06 AM
No Boundaries
Joined Aug 2010
1,968 Posts
Ok Ill try that when I get home

When Max emailed me the link to China Ems it wouldn't open- couldn't find url or something like that

Edit :All good with the tracking number now... thanks Xzube! She's up at the Sydney sorting center
Last edited by Two Dogs Dave; May 30, 2012 at 08:08 AM.
Old May 31, 2012, 10:52 PM
No Boundaries
Joined Aug 2010
1,968 Posts
Got it!
The box had a bit of a ding in it but all the parts are unharmed!
Old Jun 01, 2012, 06:15 PM
Cookie Monster
Australia, QLD, Diddillibah
Joined Aug 2005
1,357 Posts
You will love it!
If you have any queries just ask,I have built a couple of these and god knows how many Roger and GJ have built.(actually assembled is probably a better word,it's very straightforward)
Bleary.
bleary is offline Find More Posts by bleary
Old Jun 01, 2012, 06:34 PM
No Boundaries
Joined Aug 2010
1,968 Posts
Cheers Bleary (Building is my weak point!) I am meeting up with GJ and Nac this morning so i'll ask them for some pointers.
I cant wait to check out their fleet of Skywings!
Old Jun 01, 2012, 07:38 PM
Just flitting about!!
Joined Aug 2011
2,637 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleary View Post
You will love it!
If you have any queries just ask,I have built a couple of these and god knows how many Roger and GJ have built.(actually assembled is probably a better word,it's very straightforward)
Bleary.
True words Bleary.
Although I think GJ and Nac have knocked a few of these together themselves.

I only have three SW flying currently, 2 MXS and my original Yak54, just not enough room to build the others NIB as yet, although MXS V2 is getting pretty beat up at this time and will probably be retired shortly.

Still have NIB 2 x Sbach V3, 1 x MXS V3 and 1 x Yak54 V1 or V2 not quite sure about that version as it have the plastic aileron horns. So that's only 4 Skywings NIB under the bed at this stage.

I am thinking about the new Extra and although the colour doesn't really do it for me I might get one now that my flying has progressed so I can see the difference in flight envelope between the extra and MXS.
Old Jun 02, 2012, 01:59 AM
Shore Huckin'
Ohio
Joined Aug 2010
2,691 Posts
Big Roger,

Winners Model is coming out with a 48" Extra 330LX (airfoiled rudder and elevator). What do yo think?

See thread here: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1661193
KE Spin is online now Find More Posts by KE Spin
Old Jun 02, 2012, 02:22 AM
Where's my orange kool-aid?
Australia, VIC, Boronia
Joined Apr 2010
714 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Dogs Dave View Post
Got it!
The box had a bit of a ding in it but all the parts are unharmed!
Nice! Ready for maiden yet?
Great conditions at PP today... Just very cold early in the morning. Took 1/2 hour break after 1st flight 'cos I couldn't feel my fingers anymore
xzuberance is offline Find More Posts by xzuberance
Old Jun 02, 2012, 03:07 AM
Pro beginner
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Aug 2010
742 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetinteriorguy View Post
When doing your trimming both upright and inverted you should be doing it at half throttle, not full throttle. Try this, it should take care of he problem. When inverted it should just barely need a hint of down elevator to fly level. One thing I do to double check my trim is go way up, then dive straight down with no power on, then observe if the plane dives straight down without veering off in any direction. If it veers right right or left and yet the plane flies straight in level flight this indicates an issue with thrust angle. If it pulls either to the canopy or gear then it's a cg issue. I have found that when setting up my cg if I set it up to fly hands off in ke that's when it's right, more so than the inverted test.
That really helped. I just managed to find time intersecting with good weather. It's close to perfect now, but man it took like 10 flights in total to get it all right. It was also a case of imperfections in the wing and ailerons, and elevator. Non-central in hingeslots, warped surfaces, etc.

Also slight play in elevator hinges.

Now it's level flight, very slight arc on 45 up line inverted, no-power dive is neutral, knife edge fine if perfectly sideways... It'll drop to either LG or canopy if not.

Hovers fine, slight wing rock on high alpha, managed to do rolling harriers easily once all trimmed out. Well, I coul only hold it about 20s or so.. Well marked CG line on all my lipos so should be smooth sailing..

Great basher, gotta watch the surfaces warping during transport, LG keeps bending backwards cos of the long grass. 5 mins of med/hard flight on 2200, 6 mins on 2650. If just slow flying, 5 mins gets me to about 50% of te 2200 lipos.

Zippy compact 2200 35c on the way...
rchelijc is online now Find More Posts by rchelijc
Old Jun 02, 2012, 05:12 AM
How many planes is too many?
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Aug 2007
3,874 Posts
Nac and I met up with Two Dogs Dave this morning and had a fun chat and fly session. I reckon that Dave is all set to start building his Skywing Sbach once his 3M Scotch glue arrives.
groovejet is online now Find More Posts by groovejet
Last edited by groovejet; Jun 02, 2012 at 12:49 PM. Reason: removed video
Old Jun 02, 2012, 05:45 AM
Just flitting about!!
Joined Aug 2011
2,637 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rchelijc View Post
That really helped. I just managed to find time intersecting with good weather. It's close to perfect now, but man it took like 10 flights in total to get it all right. It was also a case of imperfections in the wing and ailerons, and elevator. Non-central in hingeslots, warped surfaces, etc.

Also slight play in elevator hinges.

Now it's level flight, very slight arc on 45 up line inverted, no-power dive is neutral, knife edge fine if perfectly sideways... It'll drop to either LG or canopy if not.

Hovers fine, slight wing rock on high alpha, managed to do rolling harriers easily once all trimmed out. Well, I coul only hold it about 20s or so.. Well marked CG line on all my lipos so should be smooth sailing..

Great basher, gotta watch the surfaces warping during transport, LG keeps bending backwards cos of the long grass. 5 mins of med/hard flight on 2200, 6 mins on 2650. If just slow flying, 5 mins gets me to about 50% of te 2200 lipos.

Zippy compact 2200 35c on the way...
Didn't happen unless there's video.

Should be able to get an easy 6 minutes of thrashing out of 3s2200 if the lipo is any good.
My crap turnigy 40C3s2200 which are in reality only about 20C in real terms gives 6 minutes of thrashing and I'm running a 14x7 prop.