HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by porcia83, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Apr 14, 2011, 09:21 PM
Suspended Account
United States, CT, Hartford
Joined Jun 2009
5,336 Posts
Build Log
Nitroplanes Meteor

Pretty much a Habu knock-off at half the price. I got this for about $140 delivered RTF but used my own RX and DX. A couple of days getting the paint on and it was ready to go.

Got to the field early Sunday morning figuring I would fly without anyone witnessing my crash. Was concerned about the throw in the elevators. They are actually pitched down somewhat and the part towards the vert stab comes up more than the outer piece. Instructions called for minimal travel (bout 12mm) so that's what I went with. Lined up on the runway and went for it. front wheel was NOT aligned and it veered to the the right but I got it off the blacktop before it hit grass.

Scared .the hell out of me, it's my first jet. Some adjustments were needed of course and I got it pretty well trimmed out. It did want to climb on full throttle so I had to down stick it after I went all out on the trim. Did four laps around the field, man it sure covers a lot of ground quick. Had the stock 2650 14.8 25c in there, so had plenty of time/power. It was grey and overcast, and started getting windy so I wanted to land. It took 4 passes before I finally got it right, and even then it went the full length of our runway and then another 20 feet in grass.

Loved the flight so much I took another one later on. Went with a 4000 mah battery and did about the same time (4-5 minutes). Did some mild aerobatics. 2 flights were enough for that day. Looking forward to more this week-end. Then it's onto the Habu, F-86, and F-20 Tigershark.
porcia83 is offline Find More Posts by porcia83
Last edited by porcia83; Apr 22, 2011 at 08:51 AM.
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
to remove ads between posts
Old May 02, 2011, 04:20 PM
Suspended Account
United States, CT, Hartford
Joined Jun 2009
5,336 Posts
Crashed the meteor

esc died as the did the plane. Right into the ground it went.
porcia83 is offline Find More Posts by porcia83
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Dec 06, 2011, 11:20 PM
SirCrushaLot
United States, CT, Danbury
Joined Feb 2009
72 Posts
with died first?

witch died first?
fast ha?!
oosul is offline Find More Posts by oosul